Wags in Moscow

Wags

German food is far away from being terrible :) Basically spoken it's mostly the same as in Poland for example.

The only thing "German" on this dinner was the pattern on the flag in the background, which is to resemble a Bavarian flag. The beer is much too dark for a German beer, no Prezels, no White Bread, no Sourcream with herbs, no Bratwurst, no Schnitzel, not even Sauerkraut! (though this is actually rather French (esp. in Alsace) than German. ;) )

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing "German" on this dinner was the pattern on the flag in the background, which is to resemble a Bavarian flag. The beer is much too dark for a German beer, no Prezels, no White Bread, no Sourcream with herbs, no Bratwurst, no Schnitzel, not even Sauerkraut! (though this is actually rather French (esp. in Alsace) than German. ;) )

Oh yeah.. here we go.. blame it on the French

• Like 1

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Oh yeah.. here we go.. blame it on the French

Well, to be exact, it's a Greek invention and was a traditional meal with the Romans. And the Romans were not exactly successful to bring anything to Germans ;)

That also explains why it is mostly common in an area around Strasbourgh ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Alright, now offer some beer to the warthog, wrap it up and have it later for takeaway.

Matt might decide next time to go to India and then call the Moscow team and say hey guys, and they like: hiya…

And his like: Yey… guess what I’m doing.

And they like: What?

And Matt like: I’m having a nice madras and a pint of cobra lager, O hang on.. I’ll get these lap dancers off and I’ll call you later.

It’s a kind gesture to show how things work on Matt part so thank you very much indeed.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

• ED Team

Matt and Mil...

DSC_3633a.thumb.jpg.f1db9a339c6a116f74c27034a89b321c.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

What, the german food is terrible?!

whis_nudelholz.gif

I read the same...:chair:

^^^ Yep, british food is even worse than the german one :disgust:

I can only Agree. :D

I hope the "good beer" was german one?:) (stupid question, I know...german beer is the best beer :music_whistling:(except Budvar(czech: budweiser) ;) it's nice Czech beer - do not mix the name with american budweiser! :))

Interesting at all.

My final conclusion:

I definitely have the wrong job:D

Edit: What DCS: A-10 Picture are you talking about? (Can't find it, only the pic from that monitor...)

Edited by Duke49th

• 2 years later...
Wow, that's great!

Did you manage to get to Minsk, eventually?

I'd like to see a report from there! :)

dude that was 3 years ago wtf? :megalol:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

LOL I've done that before, getting caught up in a search and forgetting I was looking through old posts.

I am sure more people have done this than would care to admit it.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

ThreadNecro.gif

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Very nice report. Liked it much.

About food. I was born in Germany, my dad id Hungarian my Mom from Italy. So its a European cuisine. I dont want to say that German food is terrible but for me the taste of hungarian and italian meal is one of the greatest.

Those planes in the open. Little sad. Dont like seeing aircraft in the open if its not in a flying condition.

S!!!

although it is an 3 years old report...I wonder why I never saw this, has it ever been sticky in the Community news?

anyways, nice report and awesome pics. I think it is quite interesting to see the actual faces of the people behind their nicknames.

PS: according to the food discussion, german food can really be disgusting, like pickled knuckle of pork, if it is slimy :puke: for example, but I have to agree, that british food is more worse...sorry Wags :)

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Well, I guess I saw this thread back when it was originally posted, but had forgotten about it.

Wow... that main hallway seems a little... spartan. Did ED hire any interior decorators yet? At least hang some scale models or missile replicas from the ceilings or something, geez!

Then again, maybe the dungeon effect is deliberate... after all, from the photo, we can't tell if those office doors lock from the inside... or from the outside :unsure:

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Cheers for the wee travel blog...

Do love a good national discussion about food!... every country has it fair share of delicious and disgusting food normally in equal amounts! Germany, England & US are no exceptions. :)

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4