Mirage F1

Iberian

• 1 month later...

PLEASE the Mirage F1 coz the South African airforce saw extended action in Angola in the 1980´s.

${1}

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Well, its a kinda sad that you prefered trainer aircraft before very interesting combat machine. I think that feedback of DCS players is important and I hope you will take it without offence..

Today I wrote a post on VEAO Simulations facebook as a reaction on project HAWK and its the same with this one. I hope you dont mind if I just copy here the exact words.

... Our CZ/SK virtual squadron will not support this kind of modules. We want frontline combat machines, not trainers or aerobatic planes. As owners of every DCS module which can be purchased right now, we are enjoying combat in DCS World MP on proven servers. Sorry guys but my opinion is clear. Time and money which you invested in this project could be spent way better. I am continuously watching ED forum so I understand that you have different kind of development teams, but anyway....If you release some logical combat machine in good quality which can be usefull in MP combat, you can count on it will appear in our collection.

Edited by Sajonez
  • Like 1

Pilot of the CSAF - TL RAVEN

[sIGPIC]TL RAVEN logo[/sIGPIC]

Well, its a kinda sad that you prefered trainer aircraft before very interesting combat machine. I think that feedback of DCS players is important and I hope you will take it without offence..

Today I wrote a post on VEAO Simulations facebook as a reaction on project HAWK and its the same with this one. I hope you dont mind if I just copy here the exact words.

... Our CZ/SK virtual squadron will not support this kind of modules. We want frontline combat machines, not trainers or aerobatic planes. As owners of every DCS module which can be purchased right now, we are enjoying combat in DCS World MP on proven servers. Sorry guys but my opinion is clear. Time and money which you invested in this project could be spent way better. I am continuously watching ED forum so I understand that you have different kind of development teams, but anyway....If you release some logical combat machine in good quality which can be usefull in MP combat, you can count on it will appear in our collection.

Trainer ...? *confused* :blink: The topic at hand is "Mirage F1"?

I think what he was trying to say is, he and the members of his virtual squadron do not support AvioDev's initial development of a "training" aircraft in lieu of the Mirage F1. I don't think he actually understands that all of the training aircraft in development for DCS can be used or are used to supplement real world combat operations. The HAWK, L-39, and C-101 all have some sort of combat capacity and are considered "war-birds", so I don't understand what the point of bringing that particular subject up is, other than, he wants the Mirage F1 instead and is angry.

So, in short: that posting was completely OT.

I'm sure the developers will be suitably chastened by his remarks, how remiss of them not to cater purely to his needs despite the rest of us loving the Hawk! We mere mortals should take note I think, the warbird gods have spoken.

I think it's round about now that someone restarts the WW2 debate too?

I am sorry if I was OT but I didnt see any topic where I could post my feedback / opinion and also have chance to get some answer from developers....or maybe some chance to talk about it little bit. Your posts are pretty much OT as well without any content ;-)

Combat capabilites of these kind of aircraft ( C101, Hawk, L-39...) are very limited. You can use it as a light attack aircraft but in rough multiplayer DCS World they will be very vulnerable and their tasks must be easy with minimum threats if you want to succeed.

Trainer aircraft sounds very well but DCS reality is separated from the real one. If you crash, you can spam again. A lots of guys bought FC3 package which includes supersonic jets and attackers with very simplified systems. They are ideal to learn basics and combat stuff.

As an aerobatic airplane, they can be very handy but not every squadron is aerobatic....

Mirage F1 is one fine aircraft and could be one of the most usefull planes right now.

Once again I am saying dont take it as a rude critics. Its just feedback from DCS World fan which is addicted to online multiplayer.

I am sorry if I was OT but I didnt see any topic where I could post my feedback / opinion and also have chance to get some answer from developers....or maybe some chance to talk about it little bit. Your posts are pretty much OT as well without any content ;-)

Combat capabilites of these kind of aircraft ( C101, Hawk, L-39...) are very limited. You can use it as a light attack aircraft but in rough multiplayer DCS World they will be very vulnerable and their tasks must be easy with minimum threats if you want to succeed.

Trainer aircraft sounds very well but DCS reality is separated from the real one. If you crash, you can spam again. A lots of guys bought FC3 package which includes supersonic jets and attackers with very simplified systems. They are ideal to learn basics and combat stuff.

As an aerobatic airplane, they can be very handy but not every squadron is aerobatic....

Mirage F1 is one fine aircraft and could be one of the most usefull planes right now.

Once again I am saying dont take it as a rude critics. Its just feedback from DCS World fan which is addicted to online multiplayer.

Don't take this badly, but a quick search on the specific topic of trainers vs front line combat jets on the forum would have told you the *exact* reason why the inital third party planes are either modern trainers or very old warbirds: DCS is complicated, and in the sim market, you need to walk before you can run.

VEAO recently said in the Hawk topics that the work they did on the Hawk and what they learnt is paying dividends and resulting in substantial improvements in speed in their other projects.

I'd imagine Aviodev will be doing the same thing.

One thing we all have to accept is that not everyone shares our opinions, and not everyone wants to constantly read how you'll boycott model A or B because it doesn't fit your personal idea of the new world order.

If you were putting up the money to fund these developments, you can decide what they produce. If you don't then you simply have to live with what they decide.

One thing is certain. No developer will change direction due to anyone here's opinions however vehement the protest, or whether or not you choose to include them in your multiplayer empire.

What you can bank on however, is pissing everyone else off by making statements that are totally irrelevant to anyone else - we all have our prejudices - because that is, after all, all these statements are.

Whether your thing is WW2, modern, trainers, ground attack aircraft or air superiority fighters, someone else will have their own opinions too. Is that so difficult a concept for everyone to grasp? Buy it, don't buy it, it is your choice, but don't think telling everyone else why will make one iota of difference - it simply won't.

On the other hand, if you want to point out technical errors, suggest ways to improve modules somehow, or have some good ideas about how to get the best out of DCS World, great.

That however is of course just my opinion, so as such it is also irrelevant, so let's have yet another debate about what's good and what's not. On the other hand, we could all just get real.

So, shall we get back on topic now? When is the Mirage being released? :) :) :)

@Buzzles Alright, this is a good answer. Thank you.

@NeilWillis Oh my...Once again I am saying its called honest feedback from online player, nothing more... If some developer will write down that he doesnt stand for this kind of feedback from potential customer, than its pretty clear. Sure I have a choice to buy or not to buy, to support or not to support...words just explain reasons better than purchase numbers. So far, Ive supported everything and looking forward for other projects...and here, I am looking forward for Mirage F1.

Very fair point Sajonez, and I wouldn't ever want to censor anyone. However, and here is the thing that annoys me, as I am sure it does many others.

First, it isn't stating anything that hasn't been said ad nauseum before.

Second, he hijacked a thread to make his comments - that's not very good netiquette.

Third, how is a prejudice feedback? All he says is he doesn't like training aircraft. Is that feedback, or just background noise? No one says he has to like what is released. Useful feedback should take the form of making a simple choice. Buy it, or don't buy it.

Isn't that also relevant here? I guess getting on for 1/4 of all posts here are in the form of pointless opinions about which product someone would or wouldn't buy; debating when a product will be released; stating that they prefer one or other genre (just how many WW2/modern debates do we need?). After a while it just gets very boring frankly.

I guess you could also say that these responses that slate people for it are also getting past a joke, and frankly, yes they are. So I apologise if I have stirred the pot on that score.

Is it really just honest feedback? To me it was unnecessary, and inappropriate - that's just MY honest feedback.

I find the C-101 very interesting aircraft choice, and i can't wait to fly it. I'm an aviation lover so I would even buy a Cessna 172 module if someone was to make one. So to that person that thinks the trainers are less interesting, I'm sure a lot of ppl don't share that thought.

In a way the "simpler" aircraft servers as a way for new groups of developers to get an understanding of how to apply their skills withinthe DCS world platform, so later they can try with a more complex aircraft.

Now back on the topic at hand, the Mirage F1 has battled vs MiG21s often, it would be a great DCS opponent. :)

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let the Devs develop what they want to develop; they invested the capitol and time affording them that right. My advice is to be grateful that there is constructive - and very productive - cooperation between ED and third party developers enabling expansion of the DCS world/environment. Be patient; and, in time, i'm sure there will be an ample number of combat modules developed that will satiate your combat experience need.

We are mere mortals, and cannot know the minds of the devs :)

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Back to the Mirage F1, is an aircraft really close to the team in many ways, with some work done on it in the past... So we would like to develop the Mirage F1 for sure.

But we have to go step by step, due it is not only depending on us. So we cannot announce anything officially so far... patience :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The future looks cool isn´t?

Training on C-101EB, as we are the best in our virtual air force academy :D we can choose our first combat assignment between:

- Mirage F.1 (who knows, maybe...)

- ED F-18

- VEAO Eurofighter

Almost the same as the real Spanish Air Force! :thumbup: . Someone please add the F-5B in between and that completes the saga...

BTW I was at Aire75, a pleasure to greet you guys at the stand!

JM

DCS A-10C, P-51D, F-15C, F-86F, Hawk