Wags request M1A2 SEP info...

Silver_Dragon

I, for one, think you're absolutely right when you say a full-fledged M1A2 SEP module is the wrong way to go for DCS World, and no amount of emoticons and face-palm GIF dogpiling is going to change that. DCS World isn't even close to ready for something like this, and we all know ED's tempo isn't exactly high.

It always takes ED few years to make full module. By that time we should have more than Nevada and multi-crew support.

If it was a contract with the DoD they wouldn't need to ask the general public for info or SMEs.

:doh:

Maybe for a specific mark prototype that is? Does the DoD hold the license and patent to the 1A2? I was thinking it was a defence contractor, but you're military so you're more in the game of information than I am. props

:book:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Maybe, Wags just wanted to get as much info as possible to see, on what level they can provide a more realistic M1A2? Maybe, they find out that it's not possible to do a decent simulation with the info available, maybe they start on something like old M1 Tank Platoon II level, or maybe they need the info to compete for a military contract?

In fact, we don't know... I would suggest to hope for a positive addition to CA and maybe a real DCS M1xx module in the far future, but all this is pure speculation at the moment.

I found for myself it is better not to rush to conclusions prematurely, but wait and see what ED comes up with... most of the time it was something astonishing!

For me the next two "biggies" are EDGE/Nevada and the establishing of third party developers (Belsimtek, VEAO Hawk, Razbam, RR, etc.) and really integrate their products in 2014.

With Belsimtek's UH-1H the first step in that direction is already done.

If ED manages to get other contractors to focus on ground vehicles, or maybe naval warfare in the future, that would be awesome.

This interest for dedicated systems of the M1A2 could be a foundation work for western tanks... I guess for the T-72 or T-80 there is unclassified info available to the team... Ohhhh, now I'm jumping to conclusions :D

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

DCS World isn't even close to ready for something like this, and we all know ED's tempo isn't exactly high.
Have you ever wondered why their tempo isn't high? Maybe it just seems like ED is slow because they are doing so much under the hood and behind the scenes development to improve the core of DCS and make it ready for things like this. Having 3rd party developers now probably gives ED more of a cushion to focus resources on development that does not have immediate profit returns.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you ever wondered why their tempo isn't high? Maybe it just seems like ED is slow because they are doing so much under the hood and behind the scenes development to improve the core of DCS and make it ready for things like this. Having 3rd party developers now probably gives ED more of a cushion to focus resources on development that does not have immediate profit returns.

Yeah yeah, "under the hood" and "behind the scenes". I've heard it before.

I for one really hope your comments a correct.

Yes the team seen to be taking there sweet time

Better that then release a buggy unfinished product.

This interest for dedicated systems of the M1A2 could be a foundation work for western tanks... I guess for the T-72 or T-80 there is unclassified info available to the team... Ohhhh, now I'm jumping to conclusions :D

Wasn't there a request for info on the T-72 (transmission and such) on the Russian forum a while back?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Yeah yeah, "under the hood" and "behind the scenes". I've heard it before.

Do you know that ED is currently (publically announced) working with f/a 18c, dcs ww2 planes, improving combined arms module, nevada map, EDGE, new 3d models for old planes/ground forces, normal deving, etc, and it's pretty safe to except that their guys were mentoring ww2 team map builders. think about stuff that we don't even know! There is huge load on ED... Most people really like see tank modules in dcs because dcs isnt just flight sim, it's digital battle environment with more than just one arm of service, remember world isn't always spinning around us, and it's pretty safe to except militaries are really interested in combined arms simulation environments from ED.

• ED Team

Guys lets keep it on topic, I know that maybe tanks isnt interesting to everyone, so if you arent interested in tanks and the possibilities here, just choose not to talk about it. This isnt effecting anything else going on at ED besides making the DCS live up to its name.

Also remember not to discuss other companies products, ED's goals would be to release the best products they can, comparison to other companies isnt relevant in this discussion.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

dunno... if the producers want to develop a DCS: Ground Vehicle, I say let them at it.

Keep those creative juices flowing :)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Wasn't there a similar request for AH-64 info, a long time ago?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Google translated from the russian forums:

Quote: Originally Posted by Keshman viewpost.gif

For example, what would ED to begin to confirm or refute our guesses on a separate module tank M1A2 SEP.

Chizh: Let's just say, we are conducting research on the tanks to determine the optimal depth modeling of these products in relation to the realities of the game.

While no announcements, confirmations and promises.

Source: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2003197&postcount=1802

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

It could be very interesting to have a DCS level M1A2 I would play it.

I think it could take just as long to build as a DCS Aircraft especially because it would be the first high fidelity ground unit in DCS so we might not see it for some years yet.

Would be fun to have a DCS SAM Sim to go along with it to.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

• 2 weeks later...