Seriously, where is the F18 stick?

obious

I don’t mean for this to come off as a rant but I also don’t care if it does.

The TM F18 stick first appeared in 2017. We’ve been shown videos of it in use at demos, consumer events and even air shows; heck Waggs has even been using it for a while (based upon the timeline of photos). It was mentioned that it will be released in late 2018 but 2019 has arrived and there’s absolutely no mention of it. Not even a ‘expects to ship in Q1 etc’ teaser.

Why show us something so early that has failed to be delivered (for whatever reason); have TM learnt nothing from Apple’s AirMat mess?

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Hi guys sorry for the late reply this email just in and its not giving much away im afraid

"Hi Paul

We are aiming to release the flight stick this year as long as it’s a long process we’re in for a while.

As soon as we’ll have more details to share publically I won’t forget to send you an email"

there were other parts to the mail but thats the bit you guys needed to see

FYI they are french Ive known them for a long time and worked with them on a number of publications that I have owned or still publish

They have just sponsored a major series of flight sim articles in a Military magazine I publish and sent over a few HOTAS and pedals so i have no reason to doubt that she will send me over the hornet stick when its available to the press

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the follow up chaser!! That’s some positive news at least, tying it to the F18 prod/non-EA release maybe?

Your welcome I know and work with them in the sim racing market they are a really nice lot of guys -but they can be very slow to get product into the market

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is supposed to be plug n play with the warthog stick base right?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If they are "aiming" for a release this year I'd suspect Q4.

So roughly when the F/A-18 Actually comes out of Early Access.

Also I'd be all about a Hornet Throttle. Currently my plans are to hack apart a Warthog throttle to put the radar control's on it haphazardly. I'd be much happier with just a ready made solution there.

This year TM also reveal a new HOTAS. I assume we will get more information during E3 2019. We will see if there will be a Hotas Hornet or just the stick

This year ? Did they changed their planning since their 25th anniversary event in NYC ? In their interview they just announced something for 2020.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

This will be an expensive grip.

Very specific to one module and offering much less diversity than the great Hawg grip.

I find it strange that TM offered it for manufacture.

But then again when you build the best grip ever first time.... I guess its all down hill from then on.

Then again a plastic grip with weaker buttons and switches, It could work.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

That basic grip config is also in the F-15, and harrier in DCS. Plus also in the Tornado as well as some other fighters of that time period.

And it’s part of a solidly established “ecosystem” of both thrustmaster and third party/diy joystick builders. They’ll make what they want to from it. But they have to sell the stupid thing first to do that.

That's the plan.

With a bit of luck we'll have the new throttle at the same time.

Is there an f18 throttle planned as well?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That basic grip config is also in the F-15, and harrier in DCS. Plus also in the Tornado as well as some other fighters of that time period.

And it’s part of a solidly established “ecosystem” of both thrustmaster and third party/diy joystick builders. They’ll make what they want to from it. But they have to sell the stupid thing first to do that.

The tornado sounds superb mind, but with VR around the corner, and this time I see no reason to believe VR is a fad.... and I saw all fads come and go... predicted the demise of all of them perfectly.

No VR is different, it is fundamental to our need. It offers pure absorption into the source code.

when that happens, this stick will be worth less than the Hawg in the world of the blind.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

What does VR have to do with the F-18 stick top? Utterly confused at the connection.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The tornado sounds superb mind, but with VR around the corner, and this time I see no reason to believe VR is a fad.... and I saw all fads come and go... predicted the demise of all of them perfectly.

No VR is different, it is fundamental to our need. It offers pure absorption into the source code.

when that happens, this stick will be worth less than the Hawg in the world of the blind.

This is just hilarious on multiple levels. First, not sure where the heck the VR stand point came from LOL. Second, VR needs a major title to take off. Most people use it for gimmicky steam games. Even Ace Combat 7 couldnt even launch a full VR release. Instead they kept it to 3 missions only on the PS4 Pro; zero for the PC release. This speaks VOLUMES to the practicality of VR; more specifically to the cost both in dollars and performance.

VR has a long, long way to go and without any major titles releasing with it. It won't be our little flight sim niche community that bolsters it. VR needs a flagship title.

I couldn't help but jump on the VR bit.

But seriously, where the heck is the hornet stick!?

When I can Look Reach Touch and FEEL with my hands things that are in VR then I'll say yes. For now it's just a display system. You don't look at the stick, you hold the stick. :joystick:

Also it doesn't screw with your head to be looking at one thing and feeling something completely diffrent? Or not seeing hands at all? That stuff makes my brain hurt.

VR only makes me want to have properly shaped/located controls even more than with a monitor. I want to wear VR gloves that track my hands so that the on screen hands and fingers move just as my real hands, but I want to feel and use real controls not wave my hands in the air.

Per the original post: where is the Hornet stick?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]