Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 02:59 PM   #1251
TotenDead+
Posting Rights Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
MiG-29A

https://youtu.be/zRKL0yZHvwg

Confirmed by Simon from ED as the aircraft that ED is looking at the possibility of doing.
Timecode pls?
TotenDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #1252
Eldur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
As would be the AH-64D. I mean, we've been waiting for that thing since we knew there was going to be a Ka-50, don't we? And people keep saying that the Westinghouse radar would be too modern and classified. Actually, we have way more modern things in DCS already, but that's not the matter now. Point is that at some point in an interview, Wags said (I think it was the one where he was teaching someone the Hornet startup live) that after being asked about the next modules, they'd of course be the Viper and Hind, but they've also signed a contract with Boeing not just for the Hornet. If you go check, what they'd have on their plate (German wiki article, but it has a nice list), you'll find a lot of modules already in DCS/FC3 (F-15C, F/A-18, AV-8, P-51, F-86) or in development and announced (F-4E, F-15E). What would be left, would either not be brain melting and eagerly awaited or could be one of the modern things like F-22 or even F-32, RAH-66 (I mean, ED loves to gives us those modules that less of ten pieces have been built of), or, well, just the AH-64D. CH-46 or 47 or a V-22 wouldn't be that brain melting or eagerly awaited. People ask for an Apache (Longbow) a lot more often. Another possibility would be a bomber, but well, those are tons of work with different stations, systems etc. - so definately brain-melting, but I guess, again, not as many would eagerly await one even though it would be a great addition. But keep in mind having the rather small maps... oh, and just by the way, that millimetre wave radar would probably be brain-melting alone, literally.
I guess I was right...
Old 08-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #1253
TotenDead+
Posting Rights Revoked

You weren't. It's well known and was said by ED multiple times that ah-64 will be done, it's just the matter of time
TotenDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:07 PM   #1254
Nipil

Don't get too much excited, the MiG is only being looked at yet, it's unclear when the work will begin. And it's just going to be MiG-29A, the earliest model with lackluster EW capabilities and no PGM's, weak radar... It's not that it's on par with F-16 bl.50 or F/A-18C lot 20 we have. The capability gap is still there. Not whining, even A model is a great lip forward for DCS, and I understand why nothing more modern can be done, but it's not nearly a game changer. Especially given that we have an FC-3 MiG-29A already.
Nipil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:03 PM   #1255
AeriaGloria
Veteran

So confused.

I don’t hear anything about MiG-29A, only AH-64.
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:51 PM   #1256
SovietAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
So confused.

I don’t hear anything about MiG-29A, only AH-64.
I didnt heard that too. However according to Stormbirds, he really said that: https://stormbirds.blog/2020/08/01/g...tails-for-dcs/So I quess its true
SovietAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:53 PM   #1257
Gierasimov

Exclamation This

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotenDead View Post
Timecode pls?
About 1 hour 36 mins mark, question 55 about F-15C. Simon says ED will not do F-15C and then expands his answer to Russian aircraft, talking how ED can't obtain permission to do it and finally reveals, calling it "breaking news" --

from 1:37:48 starts "What I can say, is, that there is one we are looking at possibly doing, and that is a MiG-29A"
Then GR interrupted and Simon continued "So that is breaking news".

Last edited by Gierasimov; 08-01-2020 at 06:55 PM.
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #1258
SovietAce

YES!! He really said that! I really hope that one day will get FF MiG-29. I heard that recently RuAF had replaced all its MiG-29 units with Su-30s, so that could open a way to more modern variant, but even if not, old 29A will be more that sufficient .
SovietAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:52 PM   #1259
AeriaGloria
Veteran

Reading what was said I was skeptical it was anything more then doing it eventually.

But listening to it it does sound like it may be this face melter.

Nipil, I want to say, that while it may not be the game changer a non FC3 plane will be, I think there will still create a huge increase players flying the MiG-29. It does work into their plans of re doing R-27 and IR re work. And yes its sensors might not perform as well as the FC3 plane becuase of the FC system simplicity, but I if this is really true I think it will have a huge impact on the game and multi player with so many more people flying Fulcrum.

In FC, it always seems that everyone gravitates towards the Sukhois. The experienced ones who want a full fidelity modern red plane will almost always go towards the Sukhois as it’s kind of the most modern in terms of feature set. So with a full fidelity Fulcrum, I think many things will change for the better.

Also I believe Chizh said they would re do the SPO-15 Beryoza modeling if they do in full fidelity

As far as modern red air goes, I would be very happy with this as a starting point. Hopefully with a little bit of work on GCI and IADS, going against the modern blue for will be very fun

Of course I’m sure this is two or three years down the line
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:03 PM   #1260
Sonoda Umi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
Yes you are right.

AH-64(most possibilities for A) will be it.

Sadly, it won't be F/A-18F Rhino.
Sonoda Umi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
melting brains