Mirage III

[PTF]Ali

Yes! please don’t abandon this project!

The Mosquito and news about Mirage III development is what brought me to DCS.

Mirage III is an instant must-buy-day-1 for me!

Though no news about it in ages, it seems to have been pushed to end of the queue.

• Like 5

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Well they have lots of planes on the pipeline, looks like the Mirage III may take lots of years.

The sad thing is its not the first time they have teased it. it goes as far back as 2015, when they just started in DCS, round about when they abandoned the T2.

They also teased the KFIR c7/10/Atlas Cheetah, but that was abandoned, even though they would have sold a lot more of them than the mig 19!

The AMX ?

Uh... starting to wonder what their priorities are... I mean, making models is not the same as making modules. Just saying.

They showed some 3d renders, don't know if they will go forward with a full module, or just some AI asset to enhance their falklands/south america scenario.

Also, the brazilian AMX (before modernization) was really limited, basically a L-39 or C-101 with a HUD and a CCIP capability. Not that capable.

They showed some 3d renders, don't know if they will go forward with a full module, or just some AI asset to enhance their falklands/south america scenario.

Also, the brazilian AMX (before modernization) was really limited, basically a L-39 or C-101 with a HUD and a CCIP capability. Not that capable.

That's a very serious stretch. The performance of the AMX is much better than that of a trainer, and they actually have decent combat avionics (rwr, countermeasures, navigation/attack systems, ranging radar to name a few).

Supposedly, it's something Razbam is doing on the side and even they have said it won't come to DCS any time soon, so I doubt it will get in the way of other projects. If anything, that statement makes their tease/announcement even more questionable tbh....

• Like 1

That's a very serious stretch. The performance of the AMX is much better than that of a trainer, and they actually have decent combat avionics (rwr, countermeasures, navigation/attack systems, ranging radar to name a few).

Supposedly, it's something Razbam is doing on the side and even they have said it won't come to DCS any time soon, so I doubt it will get in the way of other projects. If anything, that statement makes their tease/announcement even more questionable tbh....

You mean the Italian version right? Because the Brazilian version was always under equipped due to lack of funds. A small number of units are going through a modernization now, that adds a radar, new cockpit and smart munitions capability.

I agree that an AMX is way better than a C-101. Maybe it would be fare to compare it with the Viggen for example. But even than the AMX is inferior since it lacks radar, anti-ship, supersonic flight, etc...

looking forward to Mirage 3 module, Any update?

Yes:

Im3VQPul.jpg

EwrNy48m.jpg bfFm03Rm.jpg ZiR6MQGm.jpg

Probably for Falklands map asset but who knows ...?

If you asked about full module its a very, very long way I suppose.

Edited by YoYo
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It looks like a IIIEA for me. For sur' date=' it's not a IIIC, if it's what you think about :smilewink:[/quote']

They said that the planned one was a IIIC, I will be very happyh with a IIIE.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I love the M2000C and I would buy a 2000-5 but probably not a Mirage III.

go to the Mirage 2000 forum then...

I would not Buy a-5 but would buy any and All III, or IV, Nesher, or Kfir...

and twice on sundays....

• Like 2

I love the M2000C and I would buy a 2000-5 but probably not a Mirage III.

Mirage III is from an age when pilots actually controlled flight surfaces, missiles were for show and the kills were done with cannons. Mirage 2000 is from the age of computer flown planes, BVR combat like flying SAMs, and cannons are installed for the nostalgia.

• Like 2

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

Mirage III is from an age when pilots actually controlled flight surfaces, missiles were for show and the kills were done with cannons. Mirage 2000 is from the age of computer flown planes, BVR combat like flying SAMs, and cannons are installed for the nostalgia.

There is something really magical about releasing your single centre-line mounted R.511 or R.530 directly behind a bomber and watching it slowly accelerate towards the target! It isn't like the experience of releasing any other missile.

Your missile is short-range, immaneuverable, with a very weak seeker - and you only have the one shot... and somehow it is magic (in a way the R.550 is not) ;)

• Like 1

It looks like a IIIEA for me. For sur' date=' it's not a IIIC, if it's what you think about :smilewink:[/quote']

That would be outstanding!

As for me, the Argentine Mirage III's had some of the most splendid camouflages (and looks).

I did install mods for Mirage IIIEA in another sim...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 1 month later...

@Baco, did you see this post from =DECOY= ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4485250#post4485250

All those Falklands / Malvinas relevant 3D models shown off by Razbam would appear to be AI assets for their South Atlantic Map first.

So... if you're trying not to get your hopes up, multiply by two and add three.

Eg, when my friends would ask when I'm leaving the office for Happy Hour, "just 5 more minutes" usually turned into 13 minutes. Two weeks in DCS World is more like 7 weeks. And if I think that new module should realistically be 24 months of effort, I plan on at least 51 months. :thumbup:

Helps me manage expectations. :D

@Baco, did you see this post from =DECOY= ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4485250#post4485250

All those Falklands / Malvinas relevant 3D models shown off by Razbam would appear to be AI assets for their South Atlantic Map first.

So... if you're trying not to get your hopes up, multiply by two and add three.

Eg, when my friends would ask when I'm leaving the office for Happy Hour, "just 5 more minutes" usually turned into 13 minutes. Two weeks in DCS World is more like 7 weeks. And if I think that new module should realistically be 24 months of effort, I plan on at least 51 months. :thumbup:

Helps me manage expectations. :D

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good, knowing what to expect is soothing ;).

Hopefully we can make a case for a User full module some day.

Heayblurs A-6 will also start lifer as an AI.. and its also good to know ;)

RAZBAM should put everything aside and focus on the Mirage III. This is the most important module that they can deliver.

When a Mirage IIIc module comes out my credit card will come out so fast that the sonic boom will be heard all the way to the developers offices!

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

RAZBAM should put everything aside and focus on the Mirage III. This is the most important module that they can deliver.

When a Mirage IIIc module comes out my credit card will come out so fast that the sonic boom will be heard all the way to the developers offices!

No, Razbam should focus on the products they already got the customers money for and which are not matching their sales description.

regards,

Snappy

• Like 4