What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

Wags

What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?  

1875 members have voted

1. 1. What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

• Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System (JHMCS)
    • ATFLIR Targeting Pod
    • HARM
    • Guided Bombs
    • Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS)
    • Air to Surface Radar
    • Data Link (MIDS / Link-16 / IFF)
    • A/A Radar TWS/RAID/AZ EL/LTWS
    • Harpoon
    • SLAM / SLAM-ER

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A/G Radar is the most important.

It will be the first in DCS and broaden the A/G side of the sim, time for some A/G radar love.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

You should merge Targetting pod and guided bombs options together as people mean both in pair when voting for either.

^....what he said!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Dammit why only one choice??? (rhetorical)

TBH I want both the HARM and guided bombs. At the moment my squad has to use the trashcan on our ops for SEAD (and it looks really weird having a single SU25T flying alongside a flight of Harriers and a flight of hornets). The aim is to use 1-2 a/c types max, however SEAD is pretty important.

having said that, CCIP/auto bombing is still pretty inaccurate. We could really use guided munitions.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I voted ATFLIR and with that, I would include guided bombs as well. However, with the recent focus on the air to air weapons and systems, I would rather have this seen to completion before shifting focus to air to ground unless of course there are enough resources for both.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Air-Ground Radar is the number one thing i'm been waiting for age in DCS. Been able to acquire ground target trought cloud, attack ship, well, anything i can see on my SAR image :music_whistling: Then goe the rest of it, HARM, JHMCS, SLAM-ER (<- this one is going to be HUGE add on too!) I dont mind ACLS since i can land it myself on mother, anyway like Sony use to say : "Greatness is awaiting" for DCS F/A-18C module ! Soon will be attacking ground site hundred of miles away with cruse missile, sink ships, go wild in the weeds to SEAD even send decoy !:pilotfly::joystick:.

I'm anthusiastic...

it's a hard one because half of those systems = core to what makes the hornet the hornet, the A2G radar = what makes it an all weather strike aircraft and a lot of it's munitions work hand in hand with it, even the Advanced Tactical Low Light and Infrared. HARM gives it the ability to run self protection on a package, Track While Scan allows it to actually effectively engage multiple targets, the datalink helps etc.. Really though with RWS and the like in I can see why people want TWS as it's is important for proper use of the AIM-120, but the A2G side of the Bug needs some love as well, so far the love has been very much just air to air.

But forced to 1 choice, the A2G radar, as it would allow for long range targeting and while not the ideal mean to find and kill SAMS (the Harm is) it does help with it.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Only one thing.... Normal IFF on radar display, not that thing on HUD which works at low ranges and saying its Ally even if its enemy... it happens to me 50% of time

That option is the 'AA radar' - we need the other modes before the Hornet will have IFF on the radar display.

That means we will not have any those update for tomorrow

I though we will get JHMCS at end of Aug

There was no promise that JHMCS was coming by end of Aug, only that they were trying to get it out. Statements like yours lead ED to quit giving us estimates and prioritized efforts.

Also, if you look the poll closes at the end of November. You shouldn't take the poll as any indication of development stage of any features.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

What's the difference between HARM and Air to Surface Radar?

HARM is a specific weapon system used in the suppression and destruction of enemy radars. Air to Surface Radar is the radar mode that allows the aircraft to "scan" ground and water-based targets.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

people dont even know what their missing out on with LTWS, L&S, DT2,TWS, Raid, and Az/El..

Theres so much more capability missing. Right now the radar gives very little SA.. A completed AA radar would give more SA than any other radar in game.

Edited by Beamscanner

people dont even know what their missing out on with LTWS, L&S, DT2,TWS, Raid, and Az/El..

Theres so much more capability missing.

^^^^^^ This times 1000000000! I'm beginning to wonder if many of the Hornet buyers have any Air Superiority in their blood!?

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display