DCS World Helicopter Autumn Sale Pack - Question

Nero.ger

which is very sad for loyal customers who would like to complete thier collection of helicopters :(

any chance ED might rethink this?

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Its not aimed at loyal customers; its aimed at people that are new to DCS and/or DCS helicopters. Besides, if you are a loyal customer you probably already have everything you want and/or all the helicopters, like me :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• 2 weeks later...

When does the sale of this bundle starts ?

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

I'm willing to gift my new Huey key from the bundle since I don't plan on activating it since I already bought the huey a while ago..

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

This is my question also. I have the Huey and Ka-50, I'd like to pickup the Gazelle and Mi-8. So can I gift the extra keys for the Huey and Ka-50 to people in my squad, or will the keys end up locked to my account and go to waste?

Yes, when you purchase bundle, you will get 4 emails with a new key for each helicopter. When you turn on DCS it will ask you to download helicopters you do not have and will then ask you to activate them. Use your new keys. You can gift the other key from bundle not used by DCS support ticket as long as you do not activate them or bind them to your DCS account. You should not have used any new keys from bundle if you already bought a helicopter previously.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

I had the same question, I already have Ka50, and because of Huey (and mi8 ) would like to get the bundle, i think its still good save on even if you just have 1.

But if someone doesn't know what to do with extra Huey key, maybe i can help ;)

AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz, 16gb DDR3, MSI R9 390, MS FF2 & CH Throttle PRO, track IR 4 & Lenovo Explorer VMR

Huey already gifted.

if someone is willing to give me a ka-50 or gazelle, don't hesitate :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So I just bought the helicopter pack and tried to gift the key to someone and it wouldn't let the person I gave it to activate it. I could send him the key, but his DCS told him the key was bound to me and that he couldn't use it. I definitely did not activate the key anywhere, I'm guessing it was just bound to me because I had bought it.

I would suggest people do not buy the helicopter pack if they were expecting to share some of the keys with others, looks like it's not possible.

Edited by Tomsk

So I just bought the helicopter pack and tried to gift the key to someone and it wouldn't let the person I gave it to activate it. I could send him the key, but his DCS told him the key was bound to me and that he couldn't use it. I definitely did not activate the key anywhere, I'm guessing it was just bound to me because I had bought it.

I would suggest people do not buy the helicopter pack if they were expecting to share some of the keys with others, looks like it's not possible.

Maybe someone who is with support should correct their process of telling people to gift keys. Kinda irritating to be told to regift a key after spending alot of money then it doesnt work.

So looks like for now if its not activated, you can Gift via support page

(If you want to gift the key (license) to a friend it should be new or just purchased.)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/?add=Y

- Binding of the serial numbers (as a gift, combine accounts,...)

- You want to bind the key (license) as a gift

AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz, 16gb DDR3, MSI R9 390, MS FF2 & CH Throttle PRO, track IR 4 & Lenovo Explorer VMR

No I didn't bind mine, I just bough it and immediately gave the key to someone else. They couldn't activate it. As far I can tell the information on this forum post is wrong, you cannot gift keys.

CORRECTION: So it seems you just have to raise a ticket with ED and they will do it ...

Edited by Tomsk

No I didn't bind mine, I just bough it and immediately gave the key to someone else. They couldn't activate it. As far I can tell the information on this forum post is wrong, you cannot gift keys.

Interesting part that actually DCS encouraged on Facebook page to Gift to others if we have duplicate, and i would have spare Ka 50 in the end.

Anyways i will open a ticket and will let you guys know that is official reply before buy :)

Edit:

The official respond is:

Hello. Yes, we will transfer your duplicated keys to another accounts Like

You have to create the ticket (with correct type: "Bind"), write us this key and your friend's login/email

Edited by bpremus

The official respond is:

Hello. Yes, we will transfer your duplicated keys to another accounts Like

You have to create the ticket (with correct type: "Bind"), write us this key and your friend's login/email

Oh awesome, I will raise a ticket with them :)

• 2 weeks later...