Dampening the pitch axis

I want to slightly dampen the pitch axis for the F-86. The movement from center to slight up or down is most sensitive. As it goes away from the center the sensitivity of the axis diminishes. The result is that during slow speeds especially final approach I can't adjust the pitch of the aircraft without making it oscillate endlessly.

1. Could someone explain to me what these settings like, curvature, deadzone, etc do? I really have no idea and usually follow some guides or tutorials to set up my axes without understanding them.

2. How to dampen the initial pitch movement from center?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Curvature changes controls response from linear (percentage of physical joystick movement matches exactly the percentage of virtual control surface movement) to non-linear (so for example 25% of joystick movement near the center results only in 10% control surface movement near the center).

Deadzone controls if virtual stick reacts immediately to smallest joystick inputs at the center, or starts to react after the stick is moved further. This is useful rather only for these players, who have old and worn out sticks/pedals with bad potentiometers, which cause unwanted input spikes on their own.

So you should be fine with adding some positive curvature to your pitch axis. That will slow down/dampen the reaction near the center (although it will accelerate the reaction at the end of the movement, so be careful).

Turn on the CtrlEnter controls indicator and see how the plane reacts after your tuning, you will understand the curvatures immediately.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Curvature changes controls response from linear (percentage of physical joystick movement matches exactly the percentage of virtual control surface movement) to non-linear (so for example 25% of joystick movement near the center results only in 10% control surface movement near the center).

Deadzone controls if virtual stick reacts immediately to smallest joystick inputs at the center, or starts to react after the stick is moved further. This is useful rather only for these players, who have old and worn out sticks/pedals with bad potentiometers, which cause unwanted input spikes on their own.

So you should be fine with adding some positive curvature to your pitch axis. That will slow down/dampen the reaction near the center (although it will accelerate the reaction at the end of the movement, so be careful).

Turn on the CtrlEnter controls indicator and see how the plane reacts after your tuning, you will understand the curvatures immediately.

Thanks

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.