dynamic signature won't update

jpm1

somebody can tell me why my (cool) signature won't update on that forum sourire1.gif

Alternating between 'Listened to Swish.........' and 'Date 13-12-2009' for me........

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Do those forums permit direct-linking rather than upload? It might be that the server caches it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Technically, yes.

But I'm not sure that's something we want to do, since that would open a few doors.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Do those forums permit direct-linking rather than upload? It might be that the server caches it.

here is the adress of my sig http://designer.userbars.com/dynubd2841.gif , it catches the songs i listen to using last.fm rss feed . the player i use sends the infos to last.fm and the sig catches the info . if you click the link above you'll see the last song i played . i believe it has to do with ED forum authorisations (maybe to counter hackers)

Yeah, that is the issue then.

Sadly that will only change if there's a decision made to change how signatures are handled, since there is no way to make it detect that it is a benign dynamic signature. Setting it to server-only is a good way to ensure that ED has at least a measure of control over what signatures are displayed on it's forum.

Edited by EtherealN
clarification

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Dynamic signatures themselves won't, but the steps necessary to allow them would also make a whole host of other things possible. As an example, signatures that are linked from elsewhere would allow a person to link a picture to his own server and then map out which people are using this forum through checking which IP's are requesting that picture.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Dynamic signatures themselves won't, but the steps necessary to allow them would also make a whole host of other things possible. As an example, signatures that are linked from elsewhere would allow a person to link a picture to his own server and then map out which people are using this forum through checking which IP's are requesting that picture.

isn't it a whole bunch of securities existing already between firewalls to AV passing by internet providers which change automaticly the IP . i'm not a computer science expert but lot of sites allow dynamic sigs including AMD's

Most forums do, but in this case the decision (so far) was to not allow it. I'm not sure what the actual reason for that was way back when it was made (I wasn't even registered here then), but what I mentioned is a possible one.

But I can bring the topic up with the powers that be. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester