RB-15F usage in 2.5 beta

Aqualiarep

I wasn't playing to DCS for a while but I enjoyed RB-15 before a lot.

Today I tryed to use RB-15 as before but encountered unsolvable for me problems.

I was in conditions of given checklist:

1. Weapon selector: ATTACK

2. Targeting mode selector: Desired position. VALB for pilot inputted data, STD for

standard mode.

3. Set altimeter pressure (QFE)

4. Master mode selector: ANF

5. Search for targets with the radar, if needed make a radar target fix (BX8) to set an

ATP.

6. Fly towards the commanded altitude or within the release altitude envelope (50 –

2000m)

7. Trigger: UNSAFE and fire when the HUD indicates within the release parameters.

8. Evade and trigger SAFE. Master mode: NAV.

Radar mode A1

Current waypoint B1

T0

1)ATTACK

2)VALB (In takt mode was entered 800002)

3) ok

4) ANF

Here I should see circle and cross as explained here

In master mode ANF and radar mode A1 with the RB 15 selected (ATTACK on weapon selector)

the CI will display a radar picture with symbology for RB 15 release. The circle marker is

the assumed target position Bx8, and the cross the course change point Bx7. In mode T0 (fix

trigger released) this is displayed regardless of the current waypoint as destination.

5) I found target and pressed BX -> num 8, Bx8 displayed as waypoint some where far-far away.

Pressing T1 to setup BX-8 point but.... when I trying to set it, it's appear in some almost random place. When I trying to reset it cross sometimes radar buttons up/down acts as inverted:doh: and cross moving in opposite direction. When I pressing T0 to set it some times it's not move at all ans some time point appear at random possition. When I flying over the point and trying to reset it in front of me I'm failing as well. Point become uncontrollable.

Also. When I trying to do some manipulations (not sure what I should do to repeat it. But it happen with me twice already) with navigation system some of the digits compleatly disappear.

Also. Looks like module don't reseting correctly. If you will try to start mission via editor and restart it. You waypoint indicator will show (flashing E), S instead of usual LS as when you starting it at the first time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey sorry for late response. From what I remember I think you need to set Bx8 (and Bx6, 7 and 9) using coordinates entered into the computer. From what I remember we considered creating an fictional mode where the cross would appear in front of the aircraft if you hadn’t entered a latitude/longitude for Bx8 but I don’t remember if we ever did (this would then not entirely follow how it works IRL but would be easier for player to understand). If you would help me I’d like you to program Bx6 through Bx9 by entering the coordinates in the computer and see if that works for you.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Tested it right now and had no problems using the radar:

- radar A1

- Attack

- ANF

- press BX and "numpad 8"

- circle with cross appears

- press T1 and move circle with cross over radar contact

- confirm with TV

- on radar screen the circle stays over the radar target and a cross appeard(between plane and BX8 to the right) -> that is the BX7 position

- you can fire if close enough and in the weapon hight limits or adjust BX7(recommended) by pressing BX and "numpad 7", T1, move the BX7 cross and confirm with TV

- press BX8 again to get correct target range

- most of the times you can fire the weapon, if the red light(upper left of the radar screnn) keeps staying on you should check BX9 and set it, red light should disappear if you are in the correct hight limits(not to low and not to high)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Hey sorry for late response. From what I remember I think you need to set Bx8 (and Bx6, 7 and 9) using coordinates entered into the computer. From what I remember we considered creating an fictional mode where the cross would appear in front of the aircraft if you hadn’t entered a latitude/longitude for Bx8 but I don’t remember if we ever did (this would then not entirely follow how it works IRL but would be easier for player to understand). If you would help me I’d like you to program Bx6 through Bx9 by entering the coordinates in the computer and see if that works for you.

Sorry, I'm not following here....Are you suggesting IRL the pilot had to input lat/long in the CK37 manually for Bx8/7/6/9? & that putting Bx8 etc. on the radar is a workaround?

That would be a lot of workload on an search attack & how would he know lat/long for Bx8?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

RB-15F usage in 2.5 beta

There are two ways to fire the Rb15: (1) when fireing in ANF-mode it will use the waypoints as programmed into the computer (you can still update the position of Bx8 etc using the radar but the position of the target should still be somewhat known ahead of time), and (2) when firing in NAV-mode it will be more of a target-of-opportunity situation a where that Rb15 will fly straight ahead and target the first ship it sees.

Edit: Viggen is meant to be used in pre-planned strikes. Also, carrying the Rb15 (and Bk90) was not part of the original design and more of a interim-solution until Gripen was available and it wasn’t able to use all of the features of either weapon systems and the interfacing was kind of shoe-horned into the existing interface.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

What about using Rb15 for ground strike? I have seen an advertisement for Gripen using Rb15 to hit a bridge.

That was probably not a RB15F, which we use in DCS according to the manual, but an upgraded Mk.III version which is supposedly GPS capable.