DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

:)Hi! I wonder if there will be a version update tomorrow?

As many have asked every single week.

The response is, they will let us know when it happens. No point in asking really...

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viper changelog item: "Corrected some texture glitches in cockpit."

Part of the latest changelog for the Viper says:

• Corrected some texture glitches in cockpit.

I run some personal mods, including a clear canopy and custom cockpit textures and I check for newly modified files after every update, in order to include them accordingly. I haven't found any relevant files with a recent modification date in \Mods\.....F-16C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip or noticed any visual changes, personally.

Can anyone (maybe NineLine or BIGNEWY?) please clarify what this change refer to or tell me what to look for? Is it a change on the cockpit in external or internal view? Thanks!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

As many have asked every single week.

The response is, they will let us know when it happens. No point in asking really...

Cheers,

Don

Don't waste your energy educating the internet, you will never succeed.

By the way, whats the feeling for this week 9Line/Bignewy XD XD?

• ED Team

Hi all

We are planning for an update this week, when we are ready we will post change logs.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Default DCS 2.5.5.39003 Open Beta

DCS World

Serverlist refresh will not infinite looping when user pressed F5 too often.

AIM-7. Fixed bug that caused the missile seeker to not see chaffs.

DCS F-16C Viper

Fixed crash with rockets firing after selective jettison

F/A-18C Hornet

Fixed DCS hangs on SA page.

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

Fixed engine sound that was broken in the latest update (real engine sound still WIP).

Fixed startup training mission. "VOR ON" step after startup will not pass without moving the

NAV Volume selector in VOR-ILS-MB equipment.

Gear up and gear down commands added.

Gear emergency extension works now when using input command.

AoA indicator does not jump anymore from max to min and vice-versa when turning the knob with keyboard or joystick button.

Control stick can now be hidden using keyboard or joystick commands, not only click-spot.

Ventilación Emergencia / Emergency Ventilation" depressurizes now cockpit".

Gear override button (crash button) has now a press and release function.

Welp. That’s not really a step forwards. I hope a lot of work has been done behind the scenes on the Hornet (and Viper) and a much bigger one will come next week.

Edited by Arctander
Copied in patch notes.

Welp. That’s not really a step forwards. I hope a lot of work has been done behind the scenes on the Hornet (and Viper) and a much bigger one will come next week.

What about the one planned for *this* week as stated by Bignewy above?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

You mean the one just posted? I’ve edited into my previous post the text for clarity.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4099862&postcount=76

Ah, didn't see that yet.

So yes, with early access patience is clearly needed. We go from one patch to the next over many weeks/months, but that's expected, well communicated by ED, and no problem. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Don't waste your energy educating the internet, you will never succeed.

By the way, whats the feeling for this week 9Line/Bignewy XD XD?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4099862&postcount=76

:music_whistling:

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

So thats the patch? It seems more like hotfix for me...notning new.

Sometimes it's just bug-fixing. And bug-fixing isn't glorious. But if they indeed fixed the F-18 SA page performance issue, as mentioned, that'd already be a big deal for some people that experienced issues.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Have you downloaded patch and flown it yet? Then what you say is false as most things won’t be listed in change logs. Pass judgement after you sit in the pit....

Message to man babies above

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

225MB. Updated, it gave me two errors, for the first time in many years, one on the AV-8BAI.dll and the same dll for C101. I clicked through the errors and did a repair. It reverted me back a patch.

So im updating again.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Have you downloaded patch and flown it yet? Then what you say is false as most things won’t be listed in change logs. Pass judgement after you sit in the pit....

Most things won’t be listed in change logs? That's new for me. They've always said sometimes some changes do not get to list, and sometimes there are a surprise, but they've never said that "most things won’t be listed in change logs".

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

245MB here. DL speed like 20 years ago, as always, thanks to that useless torrent "tech".

But a small patch is better than none icon_redface.gif

Now let's discuss the notes. How about removing the need to hit MiG28 several times instead of "just" fixing an issue that occurs because we need at least 10-20 MiG28 presses to finally have our wanted server that's always on with a ping under 50ms shown in the list so we could join it? fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I can agree not every bug fixed is added to a change log, but any ADDITION bloody well should be, or the customer is unaware. Is ED’s change control really that absent, and you are really ‘ok’ with being kept in the dark about changes?!

Edited by Arctander

245MB here. DL speed like 20 years ago, as always, thanks to that useless torrent "tech".

You can always switch to http download if you want to.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

But a small patch is better than none icon_redface.gif

Now let's discuss the notes. How about removing the need to hit MiG28 several times instead of "just" fixing an issue that occurs because we need at least 10-20 MiG28 presses to finally have our wanted server that's always on with a ping under 50ms shown in the list so we could join it? fsgrin.png

LMFAO when I worked it out.... mig28.... glorious.