JSGME

DeadlyBilgeRat

I understand that JSGME is a 32 bit App that doesnt handle well files larger than 2 GB (like some of the Maps files are).

May I suggest OvGME as a more modern alternative tough, like JSGME, it is unsupported by its developer anymore.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Rudel, sent you a PM but my sent folder says 0 messages.

was asking if I took a snapshot of a clean install do I need to do it every time I load OVGME or is it saved and I just do it the once?

Also when I load OVGME and apply mods do I then need to leave OVGME running in the background while I play or can I close it and still play my DCS with mods applied.

kind regards

Andy

funny I use jsgme and snapshots are really quick in the seconds, used it forever with no probs, I think its easier than ovgme but whatever your used to is best, but usually itl only do it when you add a mod, and thatl only be to compare it to the original, so should be if like js very quick, I don't know as I don't use it, but itl only snapshot against new files, not your whole system again

Thanks Rudel, sent you a PM but my sent folder says 0 messages.

Hi, got the message and I've just answered :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

was asking if I took a snapshot of a clean install do I need to do it every time I load OVGME or is it saved and I just do it the once?

The purpose of snapshots is to be able to detect which files of a game have been changed by your applied Mods. Actually I never use this function, as in DCS it isnt really needed.

Also when I load OVGME and apply mods do I then need to leave OVGME running in the background while I play or can I close it and still play my DCS with mods applied.

Any Mod is simply a set of files that have to be put on a game´s program folder in order to achieve a certain feature or behavior. Sometimes these files replace the original game's, other times they are new additional files. Thus, aplying the Mod is a one time affair.

The Mods managers are simply a means to automate the Applying / De-applying Mods, they dont need to run along with the game ... in essence they are just file-copiers :)

Best regards