DCS World 1.5.6 changes.

bart

I've been flying the Spitfire in the 1.5.6 Beta and noticed some changes that's not on the Change log list.

The wobble pump has a much quicker action now and seems much more realistic. Nice change :thumbup:

It feels a little easier to taxi, maybe just me getting better? but there seems some improvement there.

She seems a little quicker, not much, but wondering if there have been any FM tweaks?

Anyone else noticed a slightly better fps? mine are up a wee bit in VR which is good, every little helps!

Feel free to add any thing else you guy's have noticed in todays Beta release.....

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I've been flying the Spitfire in the 1.5.6 Beta and noticed some changes that's not on the Change log list.

The wobble pump has a much quicker action now and seems much more realistic. Nice change :thumbup:

It feels a little easier to taxi, maybe just me getting better? but there seems some improvement there.

She seems a little quicker, not much, but wondering if there have been any FM tweaks?

Anyone else noticed a slightly better fps? mine are up a wee bit in VR which is good, every little helps!

Feel free to add any thing else you guy's have noticed in todays Beta release.....

Thanks Bart. Sound like good news. I have not updated yet, but will keep a look-out.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Also just noticed this evening whilst flying on a server, after landing and re-arming/re-fuelling you get a neat sound of the fuel going into the tank, and the bug where the ground crew keeps asking the usual "hey where you going"! ie the process never completes properly, has been fixed.........good job ED.

The Spitfire really is looking good now....and not just aesthetically!..... great job ED :thumbup:

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Will say the divergence curve for directional instability on the ground seems to have flattened slightly around the centre but she'll still get away from you if you let her; as for speeds I've not really noticed! Frames do seem a bit better.

I would like to know definitively if there are any changes or is this just an assumption or placebo effect?

I just went and took a spin in the Spitfire to see if I could tell if there were a difference. I am sorry to say that I just don't know if they've changed anything. IMHO, if they did it was very subtle.

But every time I get into the Spitfire, I am just floored by the detail and texture of it. I also enjoy the way that it flies. It's definitely a perfect example of ED's progress. The last 4 releases have been just awesome. Especially when you compare them with the old days.

The ground handling I know hasn't changed as it is my least favorite thing about this module and I certainly would have noticed any improvement or change.

As for the rest of the stuff, It's hard to say. I don't feel much of a difference, but maybe I feel something.

As was suggested, could be the placebo effect.

Also just noticed this evening whilst flying on a server, after landing and re-arming/re-fuelling you get a neat sound of the fuel going into the tank, and the bug where the ground crew keeps asking the usual "hey where you going"! ie the process never completes properly, has been fixed.........good job ED.

The Spitfire really is looking good now....and not just aesthetically!..... great job ED :thumbup:

Hi Bart,

Are you able to get 100% fuel yet, or is it still stuck at 83%?

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

The wobble pump action was way too sluggish before, it's more like this now.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI5k4-DDcsI @ 2:42.

Hi Bart,

Are you able to get 100% fuel yet, or is it still stuck at 83%?

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

I'll check next flight.....

EDIT

It reads 100% following refuel.

Edited by bart

I stopped bothering with wobble pump long ago. Just use the electric one all the time.

I do the same now.

I wonder what is the purpose of the manual one if the electric does the job. As a back up only? Or is there still a reason to use the manual as standar?

When i change code on plane (TAIL # in mission editor), numerals in serial number are replace by letters which i use for TAIL #.

Instead of MH999 i get MHNNM, for example.

Numerals should remain.

688156959_DCS1.5.5.thumb.jpg.56bca7aa27c6b25f87fb89c7c3bd6e0f.jpg

2103221385_DCSBeta1.5.6.thumb.jpg.8a4190799f38b981f53e3219de99ed0d.jpg

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Yeah, and now you need to pump 20 times instead of 10... great.

After starting the plane a few times, I must say that even needing many more pumps now, it is much quicker to pressurize with the new animation.

BTW, where is that electrical pump that everybody talks about?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After starting the plane a few times, I must say that even needing many more pumps now, it is much quicker to pressurize with the new animation.

Fuel pump switch is located on the left hand side of the cockpit, under the elevator trim wheel. There are a bank of three black switches, it's the one furthest from the pilot. It's indicated on page 121 of the pdf manual. After you've primed the engine 6 odd times, leaving the fuel mixture / cut-off leaver aft, flick the fuel pump switch on. After landing remember to set it off before shutting the engine down otherwise (once you realise and turn it off) you'll have to prime loads to restart it again.

• Like 1

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

it is Fuel Pump Switch, No. 82 on picture

Capture.thumb.JPG.d0f736556e635f3f1e97a6b5732c44e5.JPG

• Like 1

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

After both today's patches, I mostly enjoy the revamped engine and gun sounds very much. Big improvement. The dreaded radial engine low-RPM sample is gone, while Brownings finally sound like a 1000+ rounds pm weapons. Hispanos sample seems to be altered as well.

Got back to stock engine sounds, still haven't made up my mind about using modded Browning samples, or using new stock ones as well.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Same here on the Ki-gas pump.

I also use the wobble pump now instead of the electric pump as I did before as the original action was way too slow. Much better now and can get the low pressure light out within seconds.

The cannon muzzle cap bug has been fixed now too in both NTTR and 1.5.6 beta releases. They now come off when cannons are fired for the first time.

She's a real quality module......