DCS Optimization + Nvidia 3D / TrackIR setup

Hi guys, quick question if possible.

I have i7 5930K CPU with 2 way SLI GTX980.

In my understanding DCS (for some reason) does not rely on GPUs as much as it does on CPU. I mean if that's the case my DUAL GPU setup is no better than 5 year old rig with fast CPU.

Anyhow, is there a settings I can play with to get maximum frame rate, because when on the ground or flying in somewhat crowded area by FPS goes to low 20s and that's very VERY disturbing to me.

Another question, I use 1 monitor with TrackIR5 (I have 3 monitors yet I kinda hate it)

I ordered new ASUS ROG Monitor that supports G-Sync (hopefully will get me better and smoother looking game play)

So DCS World + TrackIR + 3D Vision 2 + G-Synk all playes out. I mean is it even supported ?

And I guess last thing is this. I hear people saying 2.0 will finally get my GPUs to work and instead of using CPU power game will fully use GPUs now. IS this correct and where do I read on this.

Thank you guys !

• Like 1

Hi guys, quick question if possible.

And I guess last thing is this. I hear people saying 2.0 will finally get my GPUs to work and instead of using CPU power game will fully use GPUs now. IS this correct and where do I read on this.

Thank you guys !

DCS 2.0 and 1.5 share the same graphic engine called EDGE and they will be soon unite into a 2.5 version.

EDGE is supporting multiple GPU and you are on very bright side with 2 980 GPUs... don't worry about this.

The story you described in the begining was true on the old graphic engine and becomes now obsolete.

• Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom