P51 - Engine and Power issues

PKP_Cooler

Hello,

I love how DCS has attention to detail in the flight modeling, I have quite a few modules but really enjoy WW2 and the up close and personal dogfights. I have been having extreme difficulty with the mustang. I can never seem to get a cruising speed at about 265mph without my blowing something and white smoke and a loss of power, even under the 5 minute time frame. Any tip would be greatly appreciated on managing manifold pressure and coolant etc. Thank you in advance. Happy Flying, esp WW2!

Save and post a replay track where it happens and we'll see what the culprit might be, because your description is just too vague.

Don't forget to tell us which version of the game you use as well (Open Beta or Release) - tracks recorded in one might not play in the other.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On the side of the pit is a plaque with settings.

After starting, force the radiator flap open for taxi and takeoff. Once airborne, and stable pull back the throttle, keep the nose down, and check the coolant temp. After it drops safely back into the green, as you gain speed, you can push the throttle. Keep one eye on the coolant at all times. Check the oil temp also but it's not as sensitive.

The radiator and oil cooler flaps can be manually operated or put on auto. If you use auto, you need to keep in mind there is a bit of lag as it reacts to the temps.

speed = cool

If you get slow you get hot.

Edited by Paganus
typo