Operation Secret Squirrel - F-86 Sabre vs MiG-15bis

Just had a fly on PROPNUTS server and would like to thank you for your work designing that mission.

The Sabre is great and you put her into an awesome context.

Cheers, Stephan

Edited by Darkowl
Typo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

v200 is up

Changelog v200

- Re-written to drop the Moose AI A2A Dispatcher code

- Blue can radio for A-20G's to perform a pinpoint strike, Red can radio for bomb-laden MiG-15's to do the same

- Other stuff you probably won't care about

Enjoy

Edited by Surrexen

ya know i am at a cross roads in DCS waiting for some new modules to come out. i purchased both the Mig15 and Sabre years ago and didn't really ever play them. this mission makes me want to maybe give them a try!

You've got nothing to lose. The MiG-15 and the Sabre are really fun planes. Massively underrated.

indeed! what would you suggest first? the Mig or the Sabre?

The Sabre is much easier to fly: it is stable and responds predictably to control inputs. You can easily get a compressor stall, but other than that, it is very easy to fly.

The MiG-15bis requires a lot more pilot discipline. It doesn't like going fast in a dive. It can flop around like a fish a low speeds. It doesn't want to roll at high speeds. But it has two things that make it a difficult opponent for the F-86 if you can learn to deal with its problems: big guns and more power. The 23mm cannons are fairly accurate and very effective. The 37mm cannon is harder to aim, but a single hit gets great results. The power advantage won't always get you out of trouble, but a well timed climb at max power can leave Sabres circling below unable to follow you.

So, I enjoy flying both aircraft, but if I could only fly one, it would be the Sabre, even if it is a bit underpowered.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...