[NO BUG] ICLS knob & textures are not aligned

viper2097

I would say channel 8 due to perspective. However, even when looking directly from above the knob in VR there still seems to be a little offset, but not as much as suggested in this picture.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

• 1 year later...

Yes bud, actually not a bug, the misalignment was scanned as such and not created during the texturing process. In other words, it is true to life of one of the jets we scanned. Such misalignments seem to have happened here and there. We will likely not change it (at least not before everything else is done). Re-designated as no bug.

Sorry it took us so long to check.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I find myself counting how many times I increment the ICLS knob when I need to set the channel, rather than matching the setting. While this may be realistic, it can be frustrating for a game. I recommend another SA option in the DCS Options menu (similar to the selected A/G munition in the TID): having the ICLS channel displayed in the text box when it is changed, or alternately on a corner of the HSI display in ICLS mode).

Edited by Home Fries

I find myself counting how many times I increment the ICLS knob when I need to set the channel, rather than matching the setting.

Ha, ditto! I just count the clicks too.

I wonder how difficult it was in real life to see where the knob pointed, kinda half-blocked by your right leg.

Fortunately it's not a knob you need to turn very often. Just once in a mission.

That knob reminds me of a LOT of knobs in military aircraft. They get a little loose over time (not years, days) and will develop a little so-called, "play" in them, where it meanders between two (2) positions without physically violating the wrong detent. In fact, the knob on my throttle that I use to replicate that panel developed the same, exacting looseness.

(not offering an excuse, just loudly appreciating the irony) :)

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Worn out/grooved knob shafts, stripped set screws and misaligned knobs are facts of life. Love it. At most, maybe have the hover text tell you which channel you’re on.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick