[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

30 minutes ago, Bazz_Mulder said:

I'm on W11 with recent simshaker for aviators beta, HF8 and everything is working fine, well apart of missing gun fire effect. Check your SimShaker settings for ForceFeel

Most likely your have gun ammo to unlimited

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Done, all the same settings I had before. 
FF , USB , Dual output. 

wondering if there’s any driver that changed or if I need to install anything on top? 
Maybe revert back to stable software ? ( win10 used beta no Problem)

installed SSB beta and SSA beta,gametrix eng and Russian 

any other settings that might prevent the pad from being seen? I’ve tried both blinking and solid led modes.   
The pad is being “seen” by windows as a “USB device” but nothing else  the SSA notices “something” plugged in - and then tells me to restart the handler or unplug and replug the SSA

im kind of lost where to look ?

Edited by Thanatos31

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

7 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Most likely your have gun ammo to unlimited

I was not precise, effect is there but just it's just like "short burts" and not for whole time when I hold trigger down. In other words, it's "brrrt", not "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt" 😉

30 minutes ago, Thanatos31 said:

Done, all the same settings I had before. 
FF , USB , Dual output. 

wondering if there’s any driver that changed or if I need to install anything on top? 
Maybe revert back to stable software ? ( win10 used beta no Problem)

installed SSB beta and SSA beta,gametrix eng and Russian 

any other settings that might prevent the pad from being seen? I’ve tried both blinking and solid led modes.   
The pad is being “seen” by windows as a “USB device” but nothing else  the SSA notices “something” plugged in - and then tells me to restart the handler or unplug and replug the SSA

im kind of lost where to look ?

I would uninstall all that with "BulkCrap uninstaller", reboot and then install only fresh beta of SSA. It must be something in your system causing conflict. BulkCrap uninstaller is very good with cleaning files and registry so there's no crap left causing conflict like that.

Edited by Bazz_Mulder

Kowalsky

- "Fox 3" means that you have commitment issues

@Bazz_Mulder reinstalled the SSA /SSB software, but that didnt really help.

I believe its some sort of integration of software with Windows, and potentiall how the ports/devices are allowed to communicate with software?  
As before posted - I had everything working with Windows10. after an Update to Windows 11 the HF8 is not properly recognized anymore. 

Now I've got to the point that it is "seen" by windows as a "COM4 Serial USB device", first time pluggin in it is also installed as a "FORCE FEEL PAD"  and it also gets a green "OK" status in SSA when I unplug and replug it in - so it is "seen" by the software on the port; but it seems like SSA cannot communicate with the pad and it basically disconnects immediately. ( it's plugged into the PC direct, not via HUB. 

I believe there must be an update on how the USB/COM ports communicate with the software, maybe its a "service" issue or a stupid checkmark that has to be set somewhere and I dont know where / how. 
@=Andre= @f4l0
Does anyone have an idea where / how to potentially sanitize Windows and reset this? Is there setting that allows SSA to communicate with the pads? Should the pad show up as a "Serial USB Device Com" device, or as a USB controller? 

and yes. its a HF8 pad, how would this work for a realtus FFpad? 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

3 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

@Bazz_Mulder reinstalled the SSA /SSB software, but that didnt really help.

I believe its some sort of integration of software with Windows, and potentiall how the ports/devices are allowed to communicate with software?  
As before posted - I had everything working with Windows10. after an Update to Windows 11 the HF8 is not properly recognized anymore. 

Now I've got to the point that it is "seen" by windows as a "COM4 Serial USB device", first time pluggin in it is also installed as a "FORCE FEEL PAD"  and it also gets a green "OK" status in SSA when I unplug and replug it in - so it is "seen" by the software on the port; but it seems like SSA cannot communicate with the pad and it basically disconnects immediately. ( it's plugged into the PC direct, not via HUB. 

I believe there must be an update on how the USB/COM ports communicate with the software, maybe its a "service" issue or a stupid checkmark that has to be set somewhere and I dont know where / how. 
@=Andre= @f4l0
Does anyone have an idea where / how to potentially sanitize Windows and reset this? Is there setting that allows SSA to communicate with the pads? Should the pad show up as a "Serial USB Device Com" device, or as a USB controller? 

and yes. its a HF8 pad, how would this work for a realtus FFpad? 

Your pad is fine being detected by simshaker as a realteus

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

4 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Your pad is fine being detected by simshaker as a realteus

Well- it gets detected, then installed as a com4 serial usb device. 
but then it doesn’t get identified by SSA properly or it immediately goes from ok (green) to not connected. 

I think the control unit of my simshaker has a problem. The green LED has gone out and the seat does not respond to the TEST in the settings tab. I checked the power supply and it is providing voltage.  The connection seems good. This problem developed after I unplugged the cable from the control unit. I was careful to align the arrows when I plugged it together but it seems to have a problem now. Anyway, whether the control unit is connected or not should not prevent the green LED from lighting up. How should I proceed.?

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

39 minutes ago, Thanatos31 said:

Well- it gets detected, then installed as a com4 serial usb device. 
but then it doesn’t get identified by SSA properly or it immediately goes from ok (green) to not connected. 

as far as I know, you only need to choose Realteus from the topdown menu on simshaker for aviators. HF8 is so far an unsupported device for Simshaker family software.

Am 14.5.2023 um 10:34 schrieb Ala12Rv-Tundra:

With the two softwares installed, two independet columns will show instead of just one. "strentgh Jetseat" and "strentgh Sound". Allowing you to assign the strength indidvidually. No need to assign effects on the sound module, use that software just to point to the proper audio output which feeds the buttkicker.

Yes both systems make sense together, because they complement each other. With the kicker under the seat, it will add a new dimension for effects like cannon, chaff, ground bumps, ground roll, landing gear, payload, and especially for things like afterburner or touchdown.
Now you can study adding more shakers for pedal area, I had two there and it´s a nice feeling too, but you need to install them carefully, maybe wired paralel or serial, or using the audio output stereo or surround option.
Enjoy

simshaker.jpg

Hi again,
do I understand you correctly that you then have the effects of both systems represented so that they support each other? 

Or do you mean that different effects should only be displayed on one of the two systems. So if I run the landing gear over the Buttshaker, at the same time the value for Strengh JetSeat should be 0?

Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX - AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8x 4.20GHz - Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s DDR5 CL36 - 24GB Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock - Noctua NH D15 Luftkühlung - Quest 2

6 hours ago, Jive_68 said:

Hi again,
do I understand you correctly that you then have the effects of both systems represented so that they support each other?

That's correct 

• Like 1

Hello all.

I have another question about the SimShaker Sound Module. In the settings up to 6 channels can be used. If 6 sound transducers are mounted to the rig, for example rear left, rear right, under the seat, front right, front left and under the pedals, then I need a 5.1 sound card and in the system settings of the sound card the positions of the individual speakers are to be configured and not in SimShaker Sound Module, correct? The SoundModule then sends, for example, when a bomb is dropped from the left wing, the effect to the transducers that are configured in the Windows sound settings on the left channels?

Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX - AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8x 4.20GHz - Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s DDR5 CL36 - 24GB Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock - Noctua NH D15 Luftkühlung - Quest 2

Hi,

SSA/sound module stopped working (no effects produced) after the latest OB update 18th May. The SSA aircraft type does not change to the one flying in DCS and Sound Module logging shows no data.

SSA updater says new beta version available 2.6.5 but there is no download for it on GitHub, it says 'pre-release'

I was running previous beta of 2.65 EDIT 2.64 SSA and latest beta of sound module, which worked.

Thanks

Edited by marcost

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

ASUS ROG G-sync 27" monitor

DCS on M2 drive Samsung 960 Pro

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

3 x Bodnar button & axis boxes

On 5/18/2023 at 11:33 PM, Jive_68 said:

Hello all.

I have another question about the SimShaker Sound Module. In the settings up to 6 channels can be used. If 6 sound transducers are mounted to the rig, for example rear left, rear right, under the seat, front right, front left and under the pedals, then I need a 5.1 sound card and in the system settings of the sound card the positions of the individual speakers are to be configured and not in SimShaker Sound Module, correct? The SoundModule then sends, for example, when a bomb is dropped from the left wing, the effect to the transducers that are configured in the Windows sound settings on the left channels?

I'm not sure you can get positions of the individual speakers to be configured in the system settings of the sound card in a context like this, but maybe I just missing something.

Talking about SimShaker Sound Module, the idea behind it is that everyone can edit the sound samples it pushes into bass-shaker and change one's experience. Including which speakers are engaged or not.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, marcost said:

Hi,

SSA/sound module stopped working (no effects produced) after the latest OB update 18th May. The SSA aircraft type does not change to the one flying in DCS and Sound Module logging shows no data.

SSA updater says new beta version available 2.6.5 but there is no download for it on GitHub, it says 'pre-release'

I was running previous beta of 2.65 EDIT 2.64 SSA and latest beta of sound module, which worked.

Thanks

Do you have a VPN? I found out recently (still haven't dug deeper) that I have to disable my VPN to get it working.... Symptoms were identical to yours, even tried using other people's versions of export.lua to no benefit. 

vor 21 Stunden schrieb =Andre=:

I'm not sure you can get positions of the individual speakers to be configured in the system settings of the sound card in a context like this, but maybe I just missing something.

Talking about SimShaker Sound Module, the idea behind it is that everyone can edit the sound samples it pushes into bass-shaker and change one's experience. Including which speakers are engaged or not.

Hi Andre,

ok... so the speaker configuration alone will have no effect an i have to take a deeper dive in configuration?

I finished my 5 basshaker mounting project today in the morning.

Now i am looking für the version 2.33 of the Sound Module. Downloading the lastest release version results in installing 2.32.

Do i need to uninstall 2.32 and use the beta version to get 2.33?

Thx. 

speaker.JPG

14 minutes ago, Jive_68 said:

Hi Andre,

ok... so the speaker configuration alone will have no effect an i have to take a deeper dive in configuration?

Now i am looking für the version 2.33 of the Sound Module. Downloading the lastest release version results in installing 2.32.

Thx. 

speaker.JPG

Following

16 hours ago, oakdown said:

Do you have a VPN? I found out recently (still haven't dug deeper) that I have to disable my VPN to get it working.... Symptoms were identical to yours, even tried using other people's versions of export.lua to no benefit. 

Thanks, I reinstalled SSA and SSM and that seemed to fix it. I do have VPN (usually off when flying) and can confirm that turning it on does also stop SSA working!

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, marcost said:

Thanks, I reinstalled SSA and SSM and that seemed to fix it. I do have VPN (usually off when flying) and can confirm that turning it on does also stop SSA working!

Glad you got it going and thanks for testing the issue I've been having.  It wouldn't be such a big deal to me (VPN doesnt need to be active when flying either) but its just different behavior then I had in win 10, when I never had to deactivate my VPN.  Maybe I'll ask on the forum of "private internet access" might be some Networky types there that know why it's interfering with a local ip/port

13 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Glad you got it going and thanks for testing the issue I've been having.  It wouldn't be such a big deal to me (VPN doesnt need to be active when flying either) but its just different behavior then I had in win 10, when I never had to deactivate my VPN.  Maybe I'll ask on the forum of "private internet access" might be some Networky types there that know why it's interfering with a local ip/port

I'm on W10 22H2

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

On 5/21/2023 at 8:53 AM, Jive_68 said:

Hi Andre,

Thx. 

speaker.JPG

The speakers configuration should correspond to what is selected in SimShaker Sound Module as number of channels. As close as possible.

1 channel -- Stereo, since Windows doesn't offer us Mono

2 channels -- Stereo

3 - 6 channels --  5.1 or 5.1 Surround.

If you operate more than 2 shakers, I'd recommend to use the latest version of SimShaker Sound Module which is 2.35 beta at the moment. The main reason is that ASIO driver usage became optional. Most likely 2.35 will be the next released version.

Basically, you can keep both released and beta branch versions at the same time. There may some backward compatibility issues be encountered in the settings, since both branches share the same settings file, but usually they are not mission critical.

But within one branch I'd recommend to always uninstall previous version before you install next. Microsoft installer which I still use is not perfect.

Edited by =Andre=
  • Like 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Am 22.5.2023 um 13:44 schrieb =Andre=:

The speakers configuration should correspond to what is selected in SimShaker Sound Module as number of channels. As close as possible.

1 channel -- Stereo, since Windows doesn't offer us Mono

2 channels -- Stereo

3 - 6 channels --  5.1 or 5.1 Surround.

If you operate more than 2 shakers, I'd recommend to use the latest version of SimShaker Sound Module which is 2.35 beta at the moment. The main reason is that ASIO driver usage became optional. Most likely 2.35 will be the next released version.

Basically, you can keep both released and beta branch versions at the same time. There may some backward compatibility issues be encountered in the settings, since both branches share the same settings file, but usually they are not mission critical.

But within one branch I'd recommend to always uninstall previous version before you install next. Microsoft installer which I still use is not perfect.

Thank you very much for your help.

Generally I am rather reluctant to use beta versions, so I tried to get along with 2.32 at first. This basically worked with the ASIO driver, but besides the need to use this driver, the 2.32 version also doesn't handle the fact that my soundcard uses sidespeakers instead of rearspeakers. 

This problem is also solved by a corresponding option in the current beta version. Now that I am using the beta version, all 5 bass speakers are working as expected. Thanks for the good work you are providing.

Edited by Jive_68
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

How long has the G setting been an on/off that triggers at a specific G? Anyone like this? 

That's a tricky question, maybe it's not programmed like that, but the current and specific vibrators you have are not at their best, some of them may need at certain amount of current to begin spinning or are unable to spin slowly. 

Also did you test the threshold vale for g load?