Supercarrier Mini Updates? progress? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-17-2020, 01:34 AM   #31
MustangSally

Really don't care about the briefing room.

More important things to fix like night marshaling and performance...

Obutto Ozone
i9-9900K @ 5.1 - delided, Gigabyte Aorus Elite MB

32gig Corsair DDR4@3600
MSI 2080Ti, Corsair H150i Pro water cooler
Winwing Super Taurus and Super Libra
MFG Crosswind pedals
Tek Creations panels

HP reverb & TrackIr
MustangSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #32
Spurts

I do care about the briefing room, that and the hangar deck were some of the big draws for me.
Spurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #33
Harker
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSally View Post
More important things to fix like night marshaling and performance...
I'm in a virtual squadron and I think the briefing room is going to be a nice addition, but it's certainly secondary to the fixes you mention. The night experience is lacking quite a bit right now, both because of the lack of wands and because of bad perfromance and it needs to be prioritized.

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum|
F/A-18C ,
AV-8B, JF-17, A-10C, M-2000C, F-16C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
Harker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:27 AM   #34
Hawkeye_UK

Its very early EA guys, things will come.

Only thing i would ask for is that the carrier ball overlay that pops up in VR is a real deal breaker, to be honest i don't use the carrier because of it, actually obscures my view of the actual ball on the final turn.

Know it's been mentioned but if we could give one of the dev's a nudge to make this an option in the specials tab, greatly appreciated im sure by many. It was highlighted that it would be an option and i know its a simple LUA script change so please please can we push this easy win.

The overlay would have been useful back in the CV1 days but for some of us lucky ones hardware has moved on and its not needed.

Thanks BigNewy

DCS | F14B | AV-8B | F18C | F16C | A10C | JF17 | Viggen | L-39 | MIG 15 | SU27 | SU33 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | Spitfire | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria

Liquid Cooled i7 9700K @ 5Ghz & OC RTX2080 Ti Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Virpil T50/Warbrd Base | Cougar MFD | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones
Hawkeye_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:31 AM   #35
RaiderOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_UK View Post
You are probably right - ahem ... I hope so - but it is much too slow ! And they give no news, no explanations to show us why they are taking so much time and why they are not even able to quickly fix some small bugs that would make the use of the module at least acceptable during the early Access period !

Quote:
Only thing i would ask for is that the carrier ball overlay that pops up in VR is a real deal breaker, to be honest i don't use the carrier because of it, actually obscures my view of the actual ball on the final turn.

Know it's been mentioned but if we could give one of the dev's a nudge to make this an option in the specials tab, greatly appreciated im sure by many. It was highlighted that it would be an option and i know its a simple LUA script change so please please can we push this easy win.

The overlay would have been useful back in the CV1 days but for some of us lucky ones hardware has moved on and its not needed.
You can move this overlay out of your screen when it appears by using your mouse ... I know it's a poor workaround but apart from modifying some game files we don't have anything else !

Anyway, sadly, since many years, flying DCS simulator force you to a constant use of MANY workarounds to make the experience acceptable !!!
That is no more a satisfying and acceptable situation at all for the regular supporting customers we are since many years !!
RaiderOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:01 AM   #36
RaiderOne

And don't bother me with the use of the Stable Version instead of the OpenBeta to solve the problems (I have both of them installed) !
This doesn't change anything since the end of May !
The, so called, "Stable version" is full of blocking bugs on many modules and they definitely know it !

Since the release of the Supercarrier, to maximize sales, ED is pushing the "OpenBeta Version" towards the - so called - "Stable Version" very early in the process, with lots of bugs still uncorrected !

For the releases of the Supercarrier and the P-47, both in Early Access, the so called "debug process delay" between the release of a new product on the OpenBeta and it's availability on the "Stable" Version was around ONE WEEK ONLY !!!
Knowing the legendary and despairing slowness of ED to fix bugs ... you can easily imagine that one week looks like a "funny" delay to hope to fix the significative amount of bugs on those quite complex modules to a least make them usable in an acceptable way during the Early Access period ...
RaiderOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:30 AM   #37
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderOne View Post
And don't bother me with the use of the Stable Version instead of the OpenBeta to solve the problems (I have both of them installed) !
This doesn't change anything since the end of May !
The, so called, "Stable version" is full of blocking bugs on many modules and they definitely know it !

Since the release of the Supercarrier, to maximize sales, ED is pushing the "OpenBeta Version" towards the - so called - "Stable Version" very early in the process, with lots of bugs still uncorrected !

For the releases of the Supercarrier and the P-47, both in Early Access, the so called "debug process delay" between the release of a new product on the OpenBeta and it's availability on the "Stable" Version was around ONE WEEK ONLY !!!
Knowing the legendary and despairing slowness of ED to fix bugs ... you can easily imagine that one week looks like a "funny" delay to hope to fix the significative amount of bugs on those quite complex modules to a least make them usable in an acceptable way during the Early Access period ...
Sorry you are unhappy,

It does not change that this is early access. Early acees means we can bring you a product earlier while we continue development. If early access isn't your thing we totally understand.

Regarding stable version and open beta, the stable build is just a more stable version of open beta which is a public test version. We test all patches in the open beta to try and prevent stopping issues, it does not mean it will be bug free.

thanks
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, TM Warthog, Jet provost rudder pedals, VIVE Cosmos

BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:51 PM   #38
FoxOne007

Quote:

Thanks BigNewy

I believe there is a keybind to hide/show it, but unsure what it is