If we're getting HARMs soon - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-18-2020, 08:44 AM   #31
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
If the Kneeboard is not convenient to list all the emitters you could also add the function to edit the HARM tables to the F-16 special options tab, so we could edit our prefered tables once in the special options and this setting is loaded into our F-16, similar to what Deka did with the JF-17 countermeasure programming. Actually i would prefere this over a list in the Kneeboard. Quick and dirty exapmle picture attached.
That's a bad solution IMHO, because the threat emitters change from mission to mission. The upcoming mission cards would be a better place to put this.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:58 AM   #32
unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
That's a bad solution IMHO, because the threat emitters change from mission to mission. The upcoming mission cards would be a better place to put this.
A Data Cartridge would be the best solution, i agree.

But as a interim solution i would prefer the special tab. You are correct that different missions can have different emitters but i would assume that most missions would use the same SAM/AAA assets, so you could sort table 1 to 3 with the most common ones on table 1 to the least ones on table 3 for example. For some stray bullet (Ausreißer) you would need to do the DED config thing but with the special tab "solution" you wouldn't be doing it for the same(most?) mission again and again, that was my thought behind it.

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti XE ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA
MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - Oculus Rift S

DCS-Settings
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:18 AM   #33
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
A Data Cartridge would be the best solution, i agree.

But as a interim solution i would prefer the special tab. You are correct that different missions can have different emitters but i would assume that most missions would use the same SAM/AAA assets, so you could sort table 1 to 3 with the most common ones on table 1 to the least ones on table 3 for example. For some stray bullet (Ausreißer) you would need to do the DED config thing but with the special tab "solution" you wouldn't be doing it for the same(most?) mission again and again, that was my thought behind it.
Looking at Wags' video it seems like ED has already configured the tables like that by default

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:23 PM   #34
SmoglessPanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Although there were 4x tests at Edwards years ago, we have no evidence that this was ever used operationally. Additionally, our documents for a 2007 Blk 50 clearly specifies STA 3 and 7 only.

If you or anyone else has contrary evidence for a 2007 Blk 50, we look forward to seeing it.

Kind regards,
Wags
All right then, good enough for me.

Thanks Wags
SmoglessPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:33 PM   #35
Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoglessPanic View Post
All right then, good enough for me.

Thanks Wags
We get the possibility to carry 4 HARMS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Dear all,

Thank you all for your feedback and passion. We reviewed other documents at our disposal (not cited here), and it does appear that a 4x HARM load is "possible" for our 2007 jet. Sometime in the early 2000s, it appears this change was made.

While certainly not a valid operational payload, we will make it available given that it is apparently possible.

Kind regards,
Matt
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:03 PM   #36
Floydii

4 HARMs eh?

Hoggit loadouts go on.
Floydii is offline   Reply With Quote