If we're getting HARMs soon

FoxTwo

I don't want a list of SAM codes clogging up my kneeboard. Kick it to the Flight Manual/ Early Access Guide.:mad: This is where that kind of information belongs. Not on some random page while I'm looking for airport charts.

And of course the ability to *eventually* set these programs in the MP/ME.:thumbup:

I don't want a list of SAM codes clogging up my kneeboard. Kick it to the Flight Manual/ Early Access Guide.:mad: This is where that kind of information belongs. Not on some random page while I'm looking for airport charts.

You can just browse through the kneeboard pages in the opposite direction for airport charts.

Forward: Tactical pages (laser code, emitter codes, flight plan etc.)

Backward: Airport Charts

Even if not, I don't really see why it would be such a big issue to skip over ~3 additional pages when looking for an airport chart. It's not like you have to do that while in a dogfight...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We have three values for each radar - name, RWR symbol and ID code. And we have 50+ items to show, if we want to show all SAMs, ships and other related stuff. There is no much space on the list, so we should come up with how to show them all.

It could be small font, separate lists for SAMs, ships, or something else. We will think what we can do. But idea is great, thanks! :thumbup:

If the Kneeboard is not convenient to list all the emitters you could also add the function to edit the HARM tables to the F-16 special options tab, so we could edit our prefered tables once in the special options and this setting is loaded into our F-16, similar to what Deka did with the JF-17 countermeasure programming. Actually i would prefere this over a list in the Kneeboard. Quick and dirty exapmle picture attached.

table.thumb.jpg.50a8c6f8ed0e5bcb2ecf31d5d3f178b3.jpg

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Although there were 4x tests at Edwards years ago, we have no evidence that this was ever used operationally. Additionally, our documents for a 2007 Blk 50 clearly specifies STA 3 and 7 only.

If you or anyone else has contrary evidence for a 2007 Blk 50, we look forward to seeing it.

Kind regards,

Wags

So I posted a bunch of evidence here that you might be interested in:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4491276&postcount=3

If the Kneeboard is not convenient to list all the emitters you could also add the function to edit the HARM tables to the F-16 special options tab, so we could edit our prefered tables once in the special options and this setting is loaded into our F-16, similar to what Deka did with the JF-17 countermeasure programming. Actually i would prefere this over a list in the Kneeboard. Quick and dirty exapmle picture attached.

That's a bad solution IMHO, because the threat emitters change from mission to mission. The upcoming mission cards would be a better place to put this.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's a bad solution IMHO, because the threat emitters change from mission to mission. The upcoming mission cards would be a better place to put this.

A Data Cartridge would be the best solution, i agree.

But as a interim solution i would prefer the special tab. You are correct that different missions can have different emitters but i would assume that most missions would use the same SAM/AAA assets, so you could sort table 1 to 3 with the most common ones on table 1 to the least ones on table 3 for example. For some stray bullet (Ausreißer) you would need to do the DED config thing but with the special tab "solution" you wouldn't be doing it for the same(most?) mission again and again, that was my thought behind it.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

A Data Cartridge would be the best solution, i agree.

But as a interim solution i would prefer the special tab. You are correct that different missions can have different emitters but i would assume that most missions would use the same SAM/AAA assets, so you could sort table 1 to 3 with the most common ones on table 1 to the least ones on table 3 for example. For some stray bullet (Ausreißer) you would need to do the DED config thing but with the special tab "solution" you wouldn't be doing it for the same(most?) mission again and again, that was my thought behind it.

Looking at Wags' video it seems like ED has already configured the tables like that by default ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Although there were 4x tests at Edwards years ago, we have no evidence that this was ever used operationally. Additionally, our documents for a 2007 Blk 50 clearly specifies STA 3 and 7 only.

If you or anyone else has contrary evidence for a 2007 Blk 50, we look forward to seeing it.

Kind regards,

Wags

All right then, good enough for me.

Thanks Wags

All right then, good enough for me.

Thanks Wags

We get the possibility to carry 4 HARMS:

Dear all,

Thank you all for your feedback and passion. We reviewed other documents at our disposal (not cited here), and it does appear that a 4x HARM load is "possible" for our 2007 jet. Sometime in the early 2000s, it appears this change was made.

While certainly not a valid operational payload, we will make it available given that it is apparently possible.

Kind regards,

Matt