475th Fighter Group - A VR friendly Gunfighter Server

=475FG= Dawger

Update 30 August 2020:

Server Mission Updated to include SRS Text to Speech GCI calls for BLUE side only.

GCI will provide BRA information from the Bullseye (St. Pierre du Mont) for the 4 nearest enemy groups on Button A (124.000 Mkz) via the new SRS Text to Speech capability.

In addition, labels have been modified to a new, more visible style.

Server: 475th Fighter Group "Satan's Angels"

Server SRS: 73.115.72.14:5002

Server Discord

https://discord.gg/wDtG9P3

Original Post:

Some weeks ago I perceived the need for a VR friendly environment for fans of the Gunfighter era of air combat.

In response to that I have decided to attempt to fill that need.

To that end the 475th Fighter Group "Satan's Angels" DCS server is officially open.

The purpose of the server is to support VR friendly aerial combat.

This means that, first and foremost, the limitations of VR in MP will be addressed to the best of my ability using the tools currently available.

At the moment, this means labels. Not stock labels. A modified and continually evolving labels.lua

Also, because VR is very demanding on hardware the missions themselves must be tuned and continuously evaluated to allow reasonable VR performance using a baseline hardware setup.

The server will be a constant work in progress. The first area of focus is to discover the capacity of the server itself and determine if the current hardware and connectivity are sufficient. Once that is determined, focus will be on fine tuning settings and mission specifics to promote the primary focus of the server, player versus player air combat.

Server Name: 475th Fighter Group "Satan's Angels"

SRS server running via autoconnect.

Server schedule is planned to be US evenings, probably less than seven days a week in order to concentrate population.

At the moment the server is up 24/7 with the mission paused when empty for testing purposes. The server mission is normally reset daily due to mission updates. However, I plan to leave the mission running as long as possible so that progress is preserved. In future, if the scripting required does not inhibit performance, mission progress will be preserved between restarts.

Some basic server philosophy:

The focus is the fight. Everything about the server will be focused on creating PvP air combat, not on avoiding it.

While I am certainly a big fan of realism and history, neither is possible and concessions will be made in order to remain focused on the fight.

Rules will be extremely limited. Less than five certainly and hopefully zero.

Suggestions are welcome. They will all be given appropriate consideration.

More information on the server, and the current mission, as well as the opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions can be found on the 475th Fighter Group Discord https://discord.gg/hyuxSeB

See you all in the virtual skies <S>

=475th= Dawger

Edited by pmiceli

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Sounds awesome, look forward to trying it out! A VR friendly server is sorely needed for DCS WWII.

Good luck S!

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I'll give it a look

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Server Mission Updated to include SRS Text to Speech GCI calls for BLUE side only.

GCI will provide BRA information from the Bullseye (St. Pierre du Mont) for the 4 nearest enemy groups on Button A (124.000 Mkz) via the new SRS Text to Speech capability.

In addition, labels have been modified to a new, more visible style.

Server: 475th Fighter Group "Satan's Angels"

Server SRS: 73.115.72.14:5002

Server Discord

https://discord.gg/wDtG9P3

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Comm menu stops working and I couldn't switch to in cockpit F1 after viewing the map. I'm guessing the server crashed because I couldn't get back on after landing. Any plans to use DCS voice chat?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Fun server. Tons of action. I hope more people give it a try. Do you have any channel missions planned?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate