How plan a simple Mission for the MiG-15bis

Petercove

Can some kind soul please explain how on earth one plans a mission for the Mig-15? All I wanted to do was start cold at Anapa and fly down the coast to Sochi using the radio beacons in cloudy weather. I tried a canned mission but despite tuning the radio and getting clearance to start from ATC that was it. No response from Ground Crew. I was hoping to get two slipper tanks fitted. Reading the forum it was suggested maybe Anapa was Neutral hence no ground crew.

OK. Lets use the Mission Editor to make a simple mission.

I selected Caucasus and Custom

I selected Russia as my country and Pilot as Client.

But in going to select my aircraft there was no MiG-15bis.

So I tried Poland as a country as i knew they had MiG-15s but still no MiG.

I guess you Pros will have spotted something obvious. Reading through the 380 page manual I found it difficult to see where to begin. I seemed to indicate i needed to write a briefing first.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Peter

But in going to select my aircraft there was no MiG-15bis.

So I tried Poland as a country as i knew they had MiG-15s but still no MiG...

You can set the mission date on the weather tab, use a date when the MiG-15 was in service, for example 1955.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

You can turn off ME historical mode to have all units available in all years - clock icon on the bottom bar.

ATC will respond if it's a friendly airport (select the same faction as your aircraft). In the air the ground crew (communication menu) will not respond - use the appropriate radio button for ATC and other comms - it's called PTT (Push To Talk).

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria