[REPORTED] Performance Issues

Minsky

Performance has gotten worse by a large margin in the latest Open Beta (04NOV patch). When loading into a mission the carrier fails to render, with only deck crew and parked jets rendered. My own cockpit is not rendered. It takes upwards of 2~3 minutes to load the carrier, my jet, and the cockpit even on an SSD with 32GB of RAM. Not to mention the stutters when IW that cause bolters.

• 2 weeks later...

My seat of the pants estimation without looking at numbers is better. I am noticing the flicker in one eye but no stutter...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Performance has gotten worse by a large margin in the latest Open Beta (04NOV patch). When loading into a mission the carrier fails to render, with only deck crew and parked jets rendered. My own cockpit is not rendered. It takes upwards of 2~3 minutes to load the carrier, my jet, and the cockpit even on an SSD with 32GB of RAM. Not to mention the stutters when IW that cause bolters.

Exactly the same issue for me on an i9 9900k, 32gb RAM, SSD, RTX 2080 Super. Performance is shocking.

For me, with hardly anything on it, performance has improved with the 18th November patch (looks like the highest detail LODs on the crew members only render when you're close now). I'm on an XPS15 laptop with an i7 8750H, and GTX1050Ti MaxQ upgraded with a 970 Evo Plus SSD.

It's not stellar but it is decent enough and this is with setting set fairly high.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting this issue with a 10900k, 64GB @3600 and a 3090. The F-14 carrier quals IA mission hovers around 40-50fps when looking at the island. After takeoff it's pinned at 60 (vsync). Do a flyover of the SC deck, it flickers down to 40-50 again.

The problem disappears if I change shadows to 'flat only.'

• Wags locked this topic