tunable radio frequencies vs. tower frequencies

gulredrel

Hello,

just tried my simple mission with coldstart at Beslan and I'm using realistic radio communication.

I wanted to tune the VHF Radio to the towser frequency.

Known frequencies for Beslan are: 220.0 / 141.0 / 42.40 / 4.75

The turning or scrolling or klicking the left knob on the radio I can only tune 118.00 to 136.00 MHz.

So is there no way to communicate with Beslan Tower (except maybe in easy com mode)?!

Thanks for clarification

Jens

• 1 year later...

+1, any idea how to use frequency from more than 136?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 6 months later...
Hello,

just tried my simple mission with coldstart at Beslan and I'm using realistic radio communication.

I wanted to tune the VHF Radio to the towser frequency.

Known frequencies for Beslan are: 220.0 / 141.0 / 42.40 / 4.75

The turning or scrolling or klicking the left knob on the radio I can only tune 118.00 to 136.00 MHz.

So is there no way to communicate with Beslan Tower (except maybe in easy com mode)?!

Thanks for clarification

Jens

For realistic communications use real fr's for Beslan airport from real charts, 2 years ago -

ATIS: 118.500;

Vladikavkaz Start Tower: 124.000;

SecondaryVladikavkaz Start Tower: 118.100;

Vladikavkaz Krug Radar: 121.200;

Vladikavkaz Krug Radar: 124.000;

SecondaryVladikavkaz Transit Operations: 121.600

Known frequencies for Beslan 220.0 / 141.0 / 42.40 / 4.75 are for USAF after WWII (F-86)/ Modern VHF (non real in the game)/Luftwaffe WWII/USSR old, 1950's MiG-15.

In the game tune any frec on the radio control unit and use keyboard combinations to select your airfield from the pop-up list. In the Yak-52 you can even switch-off radio circuit breaker, your radio will work.

In the game tune any frec on the radio control unit and use keyboard combinations to select your airfield from the pop-up list. In the Yak-52 you can even switch-off radio circuit breaker, your radio will work.

[/font][/color]

That only works with the easy comms option, in which the radio isn't simulated.

As far as I remember, range 118.000 - 136.975 for the Yak radio is IRL accurate, so this is question for ED to fix the radio freqs for the airfields.

i5-2500k/24Gb/MSI GTX1060/Logitech G940/VKB Cobra Z/TM Cougar MFD/VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle/BRD-MS3 Rudder Pedals

FC3/Ka-50/Mi-8/AV-8B/UH-1H/CA/L-39/Yak-52/MiG-21/NS430/

A-4E-C/MB-339

No. Easy comms are not active in my game. However I am able to use radio pop-ups as I described before.

It definitely didn't work for me when trying. I know there are two options for simplifying comms in DCS. One is 'easy comms' the other is 'simplified radio' or such? I keep getting them mixed up and never know which is which. One of them automatically tunes the radios to whoever you want to talk to, the other removes radio channels entirely and lets you talk to everyone on the planet, no matter what. Are you sure both are off for you? Kind of mysterious otherwise.

It definitely didn't work for me when trying. I know there are two options for simplifying comms in DCS. One is 'easy comms' the other is 'simplified radio' or such?... Are you sure both are off for you? Kind of mysterious otherwise.

I know only one option:

223750_20200519220515_1.thumb.png.441536da28f4d5aecf9528f1de547f14.png

As I understand it now, some airfields in DCS have unrealistic frequency's making it impossible for the Yak-52 radio that is modelled realistic to tune in to them.

The work around is to tick Easy Communication under the Gameplay in the Options menu.

Unfortunately, Easy Communication is not working for the Yak at the moment and I'm not sure if it ever did?

This restricts you to flying from fields that have frequency's that the Yak can tune in too.:

It also really messes up online play when the server has Easy Communication forced on and then you cant use the radio at all. :(

I hope it gets fixed soon.

... Unfortunately, Easy Communication is not working for the Yak at the moment and I'm not sure if it ever did?

Well, in my case Easy Communication is clearly OFF, unchecked, however, it works! :))) I can contact Airfield Dispatchers at every airport. I fly current beta and I do not fly online. Did you try to uncheck it and try to communicate?

Well, in my case Easy Communication is clearly OFF, unchecked, however, it works! :))) I can contact Airfield Dispatchers at every airport. I fly current beta and I do not fly online. Did you try to uncheck it and try to communicate?

Yes I know, I have just explained that it works when unchecked but not with all airfields. :)

I bet you can't contact Beslan on 141.0 for example? ;)

This needs to be corrected or easy communication needs to to be fixed for the Yak so it can be used as a work around.

Yes I know, I have just explained that it works when unchecked but not with all airfields. :)

I bet you can't contact Beslan on 141.0 for example? ;)

This needs to be corrected or easy communication needs to to be fixed for the Yak so it can be used as a work around.

As we know, 141 is not from aviation VHF radio range, which is 118 - 136:) Real world Beslan (something like 100 km from my place) has another freq. But in DCS I contact Beslan without any problem on 132 when I start a mission from that airfield :))) Yes, they have to correct airfields freqs and fix communication. At this moment we can simulate real world procedures - just set a freq from the real world diagram and press a key combination:)))

As we know, 141 is not from aviation VHF radio range, which is 118 - 136:) Real world Beslan (something like 100 km from my place) has another freq. But in DCS I contact Beslan without any problem on 132 when I start a mission from that airfield :))) Yes, they have to correct airfields freqs and fix communication. At this moment we can simulate real world procedures - just set a freq from the real world diagram and press a key combination:)))

Not working for me. :(

With Easy communication unchecked I can get the menu for Beslan but no reply from the tower.

With Easy communication checked I get no menu at all.

Not sure how you are managing to do it?

Not working for me. :(

With Easy communication unchecked I can get the menu for Beslan but no reply from the tower.

With Easy communication checked I get no menu at all.

Not sure how you are managing to do it?

Yes, not working for me as well. I was wrong. I set the freq 141 via GPS and it is not working as well:) Sorry.

223750_20200524015103_1.thumb.jpg.efb464ab3c3f558bfc31bc834a563104.jpg

Changing this in Radio.lua may solve a problem in this case, but what about missions, planes like L-39 with channels in their radios, servers? What about other airfields like Tbilisi with its 138 and Mozdok with 137? ED and partners must fix this. We are not able to change this every were in a way that this will work for everyone. This is not a huge deal, I think. Looks like they do not care at all about this.