YAK-52 FAQ

NineLine

Q: Will there be new features in the ME and mission flow to allow for training/"civilian" missions?

A few items to clarify and illustrate the question:

- support in Lua to read the gauges and model parameters, and to write updated values on actuators: most of the time it is much easier to put that in a script than using many triggers and actions, especially when it has to be repeated several times

- more precise triggers to gather info: typically, what horizontal/vertical speed at touch down, or what is such model parameter when the user hit such trigger in space, flag to indicate whether something happened, even a short event for which current triggers would react too late

- 3D zone triggers (currently only 2D circles, and very visible green gates): typical examples are control of pattern flight, approach and departures

- module state persistence: it is strange to get a fresh new aircraft at the start of each mission during a campaign, maintenance could be available but the negligence should have consequences ;)

- campaign data: the same idea but for general campaign state, idea of progression, items still to achieve, scores, ...

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 months later...

Yak-52B

DCS : Dynamic Combat Simulator

Yakolev_Yak-52B_07_yellow_10196221174.jpg

ARMAMENT: Ground attack variant can sport: 2 x 32-shot UB-32-57 rocket pods, 2x GUV-8700 (9A669) gun pod, 2x UPK-23-250 gun pod.

Why not include the Yak-52B version in the Yak-52 module, there are so many people who want it?

Is it so hard to code a "Master Arms On" and I push the trigger and it fires rockets?

Edited by Satarosa

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS : Dynamic Combat Simulator

Why not include the Yak-52B version in the Yak-52 module, there are so many people who want it?

Is it so hard to code a "Master Arms On" and I push the trigger and it fires rockets?

It's Digital Combat Simulator...

The drag needs to be modelled as well and the FM as well as other things..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

how come the rocket pod doesnt have a shadow??

I'd say the pod's shadow is just underneath it. The shadow of the front fuselage is obstructed by the pod, so we can't see it. Sun is shining from the upper right direction in the image.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Just look at the right MLG wheel, there is the shadow.

Maybe an armed version isn´t practicable because of the structural load, stress and also heat. You fly two missions and throw the plane away...

And recoil takes forward energy away, how to evade after attack ?

lol

how come the rocket pod doesnt have a shadow??

And here?

2359913.jpg?v=v40

1194883.jpg?v=v40

CoeWTH3VUAI91BQ.jpg

15c10af703ae2dfa7352df7f757d32f145c4ca82.jpg

wow gun pod !

yak-522.jpg

yak52b-7.jpg

ARMAMENT: Ground attack variant can sport: 2 x 32-shot UB-32-57 rocket pods, 2x GUV-8700 (9A669) gun pod, 2x UPK-23-250 gun pod.

Edited by Satarosa

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An armed Yak-52 would probably be fun just against unarmed enemies. If flying low, we could be shot down by any soldier armed with an AK-47. :( Nevertheless it would be nice to have the option to put some armament on the Yak.

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

No prob for Infantry and light vehicles

An armed Yak-52 would probably be fun just against unarmed enemies. If flying low, we could be shot down by any soldier armed with an AK-47. :( Nevertheless it would be nice to have the option to put some armament on the Yak.

It should be known that the version B had received improvements to be able to carry the armament..

In the tests made at the time the UB-32-57 and GUV-8700 (9A669) was too heavy for this light aircraft and so the dispersion during shooting, and flight performance was not good.

That's why the replacement by a UB-16-57 lighter and UB-32-57 was probably abandoned !

That's why the replacement by a UPK-23-250 lighter and GUV-8700 (9A669) was probably abandoned !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just forget it.

As far as I've understood this was a test platform, even if it received a specific type suffix. And as such, reproducing it here would be a waste of resources, especially when said upgrade wouldn't most likely increase the sales of the module one bit. Because even with the pods, it would be virtually useless in any combat situation.

I know I asked for this myself when the Yak was first released but I've since changed my mind, since modelling the pods would be too much pain for little to no gain. And there's always the L-39, isn't there? An excellent armed trainer with tried and true RL attack capabilities, so by all means fly that if you want lightweight groundpound scenarios. It's what I do myself.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Just forget it.

As far as I've understood this was a test platform, even if it received a specific type suffix. And as such, reproducing it here would be a waste of resources, especially when said upgrade wouldn't most likely increase the sales of the module one bit. Because even with the pods, it would be virtually useless in any combat situation.

I know I asked for this myself when the Yak was first released but I've since changed my mind, since modelling the pods would be too much pain for little to no gain. And there's always the L-39, isn't there? An excellent armed trainer with tried and true RL attack capabilities, so by all means fly that if you want lightweight groundpound scenarios. It's what I do myself.

Useless in combats situation no, its depences the target and your skill. Like the UH-1H fire power.

His pods are allready modelled and coded in DCS World. For doing the B version only a little work, for all infos

Call the museum..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're stubborn, aren't ya?

I provided a link above where Skatezilla says not planned. So again, just forget it. There's no incentive for ED to do it, so it's not gonna happen. End of.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 11 months later...
... is there an English cockpit yet,

Yes,

• Options>Special>Yak-52 Customised Cockpit --> English

Switches and warning lamps are labelled in English.

Note: the instrument gauges remain in km/h, m/s and with their Cyrillic writing.

... and is there instrument lighting, because I can't find it.

AFAIK there's no lighting but IIRC there was a user request to the dev's asking if they could add luminescent paint to the instruments i.e. for when the instruments are in shadow.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 1 month later...

I tried, so I can say yes :D

unknown.png

Before any kind of hype or excitement, nothing official here. I just had 5 minutes to kill and wanted to try some stuff

It's only a visual, nothing coded behind, I probably can't (technically) and it's not at me to make this kind of upgrade, only ED can if they decide to ;)

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

• 4 weeks later...
I tried, so I can say yes :D

unknown.png

Before any kind of hype or excitement, nothing official here. I just had 5 minutes to kill and wanted to try some stuff

It's only a visual, nothing coded behind, I probably can't (technically) and it's not at me to make this kind of upgrade, only ED can if they decide to ;)

Any chance you can share this with me, or is there a download, Ytube vid or something?

Looks great!

Does anyone have ANY info on when the Yak will be finished or optimized please?

I still get about HALF the FPS of any other aircraft or chopper with the YAk, and I realy want to just fly and enjoy it and get my money's worth.

Any mods or tweaks or info would be very much appreciated. Thank you friends.☺

Any chance you can share this with me, or is there a download, Ytube vid or something?

Looks great!

It's useless, you can't fire anything and the FM is affected (143% of the max weight, take off wasn't easy :D)

More seriously, I already erased my work, and I'm not sure it's nice for ED if we create a hype of something which it's not even planned.

If the mod was usable (at least shooting), I would share it as a mod, but it was just wearing pods, that's it. Believe you, you don't miss anything with the weight it had ;)

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

• 6 months later...

So this released two years ago and we dont have a visual damage model and it doesn't seem to have much of one at all. Engine is still impervious to abuse and it spits out spit parts when it crashes. I hope this will all be addressed with the new damage model? I know the original customer probably doesn't care but there's been hardly any movement on this module since its release. I don't want to my confidence in non flag ship modules reduced. I'm sure its hard to allocate resources to it when the Viper amd Hornet with much bigger fam bases are incomplete but this was paid for too...

Yak-52 Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What level will the systems and flight model be?

A: You can expect the professional flight model (PFM) and advanced system modelling (ASM). We have had incredible access to the real thing for flight model testing, system testing and sound recording.

Q: Will we get internal pilot models?

A: Yes!

See above

The Yak-52 seems to be ED's stepchild. :cry: