Open Source Helios

[FD]Ripper

Works as advertised !

Thank you Gadroc, for Helios and your support.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Okay, next question.

I'm using Helios as explained above : on a separate laptop with a touchscreen. I want to add some pushbuttons (F1 to F12) so I can use them to interact with the radio menus.

So I've pasted a button on the existing profile. I select it (outlined green) I then go to the bindings-window at the bottom and select the "output"-tab. In the "Actions"-window I select "Interface", then "Keyboard". Then I drag "send keys" over to the "pushed"-item in "Bindings"-window. In the "Properties"-window I type "{F1} in the blank bar. I've left Value source at Static Value.

Obviously, that's not the way to go about it because it doesn't work. So how do I get it to work right ?

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Unfortunately Helios does not currently send keyboard actions remotely. You can bind anything to the DCS A-10C Interface... but any bindings to keyboard are to the local keyboard not the one running on the DCS computer.

Some people have worked around this in various ways (screen sharing applications, etc...)

Too bad, Gadroc.

Thanks for the tip OverDhill.

• 2 weeks later...

While I am waiting for Capt Z's Helios profile for the F15, I managed to export the radar to a second screen. However, when I tried to do the same with the MFCD found at http://qopru.com/mfcdfc3/, it wouldn't appear on the second screen. I used 1930/600 coordinates both with and without the "-" sign in the config file to no avail. Any thoughts? I have Java 8 installed.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

While I am waiting for Capt Z's Helios profile for the F15, I managed to export the radar to a second screen. However, when I tried to do the same with the MFCD found at http://qopru.com/mfcdfc3/, it wouldn't appear on the second screen. I used 1930/600 coordinates both with and without the "-" sign in the config file to no avail. Any thoughts? I have Java 8 installed.

i have it in the second monitor. im not at home rightnow, and cant check it but i remember i did a .bat file as instructions says, and only changed in the last line, the x and y coordenates to the proppers ones, and the size of the window( only one value, becouse is square) and it works!

• Like 1

deleted by member

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Capt Z

Managed to do the MFCD. However, I could not get the weapons control panel to appear on the MFCD. Were you able to do so?

Edited by sobe
weapons question

Gadroc, in my opinion, the work you've done with HELIOS and other things has always been outstanding, appreciated, and without it, I don't think I would have ever started building my pit. I have no questions, no demands or requests, I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Doing this for the community will hopefully be a major milestone for the ultimate goal of a perfectly functioning pit without a lot of tearing out hair and, more than once, questioning my sanity and giving up. I've always been a supporter, both monetarily and admirer. I don't have much in the way of being a coder, but if you ever need anything that I can help with, I'd be more than happy to do so. Ultimately, I guess I'm just saying thank you for all you've done.

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

bengo,

Install helios on both computers. On your flight sim computer open the profile editor and create a new profile. Add the A-10C interface to it. Enter the ip address of your laptop and click setup DCS A-10C.

Where exactly do I enter the IP address of my second PC? :helpsmilie:

- With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

- "Upside-down shuttlecock of death" SU-27 as described by Sgt Baker

Don't need to enter the IP address on the second PC... you point the flight sim computer to the second PC's ip address. The second PC listens and will automatically detect the flight sim PC's address.

Thanks! This is however the situation. Take a look at the screenshot. Is that configured right? This is what I have done on my main PC where I run DSC.

But on the second PC I get Helios to start but it's not reading anything from my main PC... ?NjcZij.jpg

That looks correct. Try turning off Windows Firewall on the Helios PC.

The firewall is turned off. Do I have to put the IP-address separately to some lua's in the export files?

You don't have to change any lua files. It works fine for me. Maybe try removing the interface and then clicking the setup button again.

Thanks m8! Will do...

A stupid question though. I don't have to have Helios running on my main PC right? Only on the receiving second PC?

Edited by tagge

• 1 month later...

Is there anyone in the Beta-tester team use the software HELIOS (or OpenHelios) along with the new DCSW-V2 version?

I wonder if this type of software is functional with the new graphics engine (Egde).

Thanks.

As long as it still does not capture the mouse to the game screen it should not be a problem.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi guys, after 18 months away or so from using Helios and a tri screen setup, I'm getting a strong urge to reset it all up.

Mainly after showing a old video of it working, the reaction from my workmates is that is absolutely amazing, and realising that yes it was excatly what I was after, and why on earth did I dismantle it all. ( well that was to try the DK2, I know, but why did I dismantle the entire setup for hardware that wasn't ready to replace it )

Anyway Im sat here, looking at all my old monitors in the corner of the room, and wondering if I could get the old setup back.

So the most important question I guess I need to ask, is

A. Does Helios still work with the latest DCS Build, as I'm aware Gadroc has moved on from Helios?

B. Has anyone managed to get any other craft working with it, I've got profiles for the KA50 and A10 which were perfect, and a workable profile for the UH1 which at least allows access to most of the switches but not working instruments.

Would be stunning to get profiles for every modules I have. ( I.E. All of them ;) )

Basically, do you guys think it's worth me, pulling all the cabling back out of the attic, and getting this setup again?

As I appreciate its not a two minute job.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi Cowboy,

Yep helios does still work with the latest build. Though the A10 radio's dont.

Capt Zeen has made some great profiles for different aircraft using the FC2 interface http://www.captzeen.com/helios/index.asp

Currently im working on a Mig21 Interface for open source helios which is coming along nicely.

I cant comment on whether its worth setting it all up again. Thats up to you. Though i know i couldnt live without it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for that, on that basis, I've connected my monitors and got Helios loaded up again, Lozs A10 profile is back up and running happily, just trying to get the BLackshark profile working now. Got all the monitors working, but I'll be damned if I can get the gauges to work at the mo

:(

Made sure the Blackshark inteface is looking at the right install and followed excatly the same steps as I took for the A10, when it worked fine. Ahh well. Off to bed before nights tonight, and I'll have a closer look tomorrow morn.

Hopefully I'll be able to see where I've gone wrong, I'm sure it's somthing very simple indeed.

Cowboy10uk

HANGON - sorry just had a thought pop into my head as I was dropping off to sleep, am I right in thinking, I need make sure my export.lua is a combined one, KA50 and A10, as just by setting them up in Helios as I have been doing today while only output to one aircraft.

Mmmmm ok I think I remember having to do something similar last time.

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: