Through The Inferno - A randomized + endless task-based mission for DCS 2.0 (NTTR)

Mission is great works fine except for gazelle both m and L I can only call for awacs via f10. I can use the Huey or another craft make the mission via f10 then jump into gazel. Something I am doing wrong. I am in the lead gazelle when I attempt to start a task.

• 2 weeks later...
Mission is great works fine except for gazelle both m and L I can only call for awacs via f10. I can use the Huey or another craft make the mission via f10 then jump into gazel. Something I am doing wrong. I am in the lead gazelle when I attempt to start a task.

There was a scripting error. This has been resolved. Let me know if it works now.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Weird... It looks like a Direct X issue.

Update nVidia drivers, Direct X and MS Framework? Also, maybe let DCS run as admin?

Looked into the error a bit, and it's something people get with faulty installations of DX and gpu related drivers... Still going to continue to look at the dmp file... I'll let you know :)

All right, just wanted to let you know that the issue was caused by Windows 10' spage file settings. The page file was set to manual (with a low memory setting). As soon as I switched it to auto managed, the low memory / crashes were gone. I can now play this awesome mission without any issues.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
All right, just wanted to let you know that the issue was caused by Windows 10' spage file settings. The page file was set to manual (with a low memory setting). As soon as I switched it to auto managed, the low memory / crashes were gone. I can now play this awesome mission without any issues.

Cheers!

I'm so glad to hear that, hope you've been enjoying it!

Hi DeadlyFishes, any plans to continue and improve this great mission?

Thanks!

Yes, I do, and I will be adding the Viggen ASAP :D

Lookout for anti-ship missions on 1.5 for the Viggen and A2G planes.

I've been really busy lately, addressing only bug fixes, but I'd really like some feedback, advice or anything to inspire making the missions within the randomized environment more interesting.

"Through The Inferno"

Hey Fishes...is there a way to make the taskings a little more dynamic within your framework?

A convoy you need to locate and destroy travelling between two points, a friendly installation under attack from enemy forces, etc? So far everything I've spawned has just been groups of stationary targets with some AC orbiting near them...adding some purpose besides waiting to be shot to the enemy units, or extra messages, or pass/fail conditions to taskings could add some life to the op.

• 1 month later...
Hey Fishes...is there a way to make the taskings a little more dynamic within your framework?

A convoy you need to locate and destroy travelling between two points, a friendly installation under attack from enemy forces, etc? So far everything I've spawned has just been groups of stationary targets with some AC orbiting near them...adding some purpose besides waiting to be shot to the enemy units, or extra messages, or pass/fail conditions to taskings could add some life to the op.

Yes, this version is a bit more watered down than the Caucasus Region. I've recently updated with a major overhaul, new features, new modules and a bit more action.

It's a bit beefy overall with all mission types, and the randomized events are a step up in terms of difficulty.

Combined Arms is added to, to make this a little more interesting for those who want to do some ground action.

I do want to add more dynamic elements to the NTTR version over time, so please keep a lookout for more updates. The latest v1.20 is out now, check the OP.

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to announce that we're in the voting phase for the DCS Mission Contest!

Please support this mission in the contest by voting here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/votes/?VOTE_ID=1

Additionally, in the next coming days, I'll be working on improving mission and AI mechanics and adding more fun things for heli's to do to take part.

"Through The Inferno"

I'm getting crashes every time I try to launch the version with AI wingmen. It gives me the selection screen for lead, then freezes up.

Seems fine on my end with no mods and with the latest update for 2.0.

What are your specs? Do you use any mods?

I have heard of some issues with VRAM or GPU drivers causing issues, but for most, there aren't any real issues.

You could try a repair to your DCS 2.0 install as well. There shouldn't be anything to cause a crash for the mission since it was made entirely in the vanilla mission editor without an external script base.

"Through The Inferno"

I've got one sound mod for the Spit in, and proper head and neck. That's it. Every other mission and campaign I have works just fine, not this one.. It's not a huge deal. I'm sure I'll get it working at some point.

My specs shouldn't be an issue, but here ya go..

I7 4770k @4.5 Ghz

16GB DDR 3 Ram @2133

AMD RX 480 8GB current 17.3.2 Crimson.

Win 7 Pro 64

I'll run a repair on it later today to see if that helps.. Though I do have some issues with a few of my modules that have been reported already, so maybe I'm just unlucky with the current version.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

I've got one sound mod for the Spit in, and proper head and neck. That's it. Every other mission and campaign I have works just fine, not this one.. It's not a huge deal. I'm sure I'll get it working at some point.

My specs shouldn't be an issue, but here ya go..

I7 4770k @4.5 Ghz

16GB DDR 3 Ram @2133

AMD RX 480 8GB current 17.3.2 Crimson.

Win 7 Pro 64

I'll run a repair on it later today to see if that helps.. Though I do have some issues with a few of my modules that have been reported already, so maybe I'm just unlucky with the current version.

quite possibly just unlucky, I have heard of this once or twice before with the mission.

Do you have a crash log somewhere you can send me?

"Through The Inferno"

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone! A new update for TTI on NTTR has been uploaded:

UPDATE 9/22/2017 A:

- Fixed an issue with despawning player vehicles when loading in

- Fixed an issue with enemies despawning when landing

Download -->

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2177530/

We highly encourage those who want a more persistent, dynamic, and much more evolved experience to give multiplayer a try.

We encourage voice comms for a much more immersive experience. Your skills will be tested, but we're glad to help people get into the multiplayer scene.

Visit our TTI MP Server thread, website and discord:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185281

http://www.throughtheinferno.com

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...

So i downloaded the update file v1.25, and i need a little help please. The air and ground objectives seem to work fine, but now i am trying to do a supply run in the Huey. I seem to misunderstand how that works. i select the lead Huey, start the bird, and then select a supply run through the F10 menu. It immediately states "Mission Accomplished." I haven't even left the ground yet. I figured, maybe i need to leave the airport first for it to recognize the supply run. Nope. Does the same thing. Immediate "mission accomplished." Can you please explain the steps required to do a supply run in the Huey? Im pretty sure it user error here, but im lost at the moment on how to make it work. Thx.

Windows 10 64 bit, Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7ghz, 16 gb G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2800mhz ram, Asus Prime Z270-A mobo, EVGA RTX 2070, 240gb SSD,500gb Samsung 850 evo SSD,500gb HDD, Warthog stick, TWCS throttle,, Thrustmaster T-flight Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5

So i downloaded the update file v1.25, and i need a little help please. The air and ground objectives seem to work fine, but now i am trying to do a supply run in the Huey. I seem to misunderstand how that works. i select the lead Huey, start the bird, and then select a supply run through the F10 menu. It immediately states "Mission Accomplished." I haven't even left the ground yet. I figured, maybe i need to leave the airport first for it to recognize the supply run. Nope. Does the same thing. Immediate "mission accomplished." Can you please explain the steps required to do a supply run in the Huey? Im pretty sure it user error here, but im lost at the moment on how to make it work. Thx.

Sorry to hear that, I think the supply run missions were meant for planes only.

I've been off support for the single player editions for now, but I do plan to revisit it when I can find some time and get to a good point for our online server version stable.

"Through The Inferno"

I understand. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Windows 10 64 bit, Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7ghz, 16 gb G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2800mhz ram, Asus Prime Z270-A mobo, EVGA RTX 2070, 240gb SSD,500gb Samsung 850 evo SSD,500gb HDD, Warthog stick, TWCS throttle,, Thrustmaster T-flight Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! Please checkout the original post on this thread.

I've completely re-worked Through The Inferno from the ground up, basically re-creating it from scratch with a much better menu system and a much better dynamic ground target and air to air spawning system. Check it out now!

"Through The Inferno"

deadlyfishes, there seems to be a problem with the user files link that you might want to check. Clicking download for me opens a new web page and displays the cover jpeg instead of downloading the single player mission......

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Sorry about that! Fixed now

"Through The Inferno"

• 5 months later...

The F/A-18C Hornet Module has been added to the latest version. Check the ED User Files page of this mission to get the latest version. The link is in the first post of this thread.

"Through The Inferno"