1. 1. All options

• AH-1W
    • UH-60M
    • OH-58D
    • CH-53
    • EC665
    • CH-47F
    • T129

Ok since people want to make polls favoring their aircraft... Heres one with all the options Polychop listed on their facebook. And btw they've all but confirmed the OH-58D is in the works so they're probably asking about the next project....

Edited by Jester986

https://www.facebook.com/PolychopSimulations/posts/1745167662455549

Counted all the votes in the FB page.

AH-1W 186

UH-60M 110

OH-58D 52

CH-53 53

EC665 56

CH-47F 73

T129 43

Though if the AH1 proves unviable for licensing reasons, I imagine the Tiger might pick up a lot of votes.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

to be precise, we have not confirmed anything about our 2nd module at all.

I hope hints or speculations might not give a false picture, or maybe they should, who knows, but until we have not made an official statement and show pictures or videos of a new product nothing is official.

We really will not share anythign to a certain stage cause we want to have the peace to produce without pressure and bring awesome products to life.

Even if we show somethign about some future works, the official stuff could already be outdated.

And your welcome to advocate your aircraft of choice, but one choice isn't a poll... Do we need seven seperate threads?

Seems like you are missing the point too. The poll doesn't even oregenate with the thread I added it afterwards.

The poll is on the FB page. Mine is just mine, not official. Yeah if you want to make a thread about why you think your choice is the best go ahead and put what ever you want on it.

I have nowhere stated that this is an official vote, for you to blame that I have only one vote possible on it.

Don't know why I have to explain it. I guess some people don't understand or are too lazy to read.

If Polychop wanted to make an official vote on the forums they would have :)

The thread is not about the vote... I guess it is not obvious enough

It is not asking for opinions. If it was I'd of called it "Vote for which helicopter would you like Polychop to simulate next" for example and ask for permissiom, on behalf of Polychop

Sorry for the OT. This is my final word on the subject. If If you have what is needed, you will figure it out.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

In my humble opinion the next helicopter should be the AH-1W. We have a KA-50, the MI-24 is in development, and we have no information on a western attack helicopter in development. The Gazelle fills the role of scout, and the BO-105 will be used in a similar way. Having an AH-1 will fill a gap in our line up. Also, with the pending releases of the Harrier, Hornet, Tomcat, and USS Tarawa LHA, DCS has taken a decidedly Naval turn. Having the Naval (read Marines) version of the Cobra will be a perfect fit for developing missions that replicate western force projection doctrine. A logical follow on to the cobra would be the CH-53 to round out our Naval aviation. Other aircraft may evoke more passion, but nothing else fits the developing environment better.

• Like 1

AH-1W I'd settle for an earlier Cobra. Waiting on the Mi-24 and BO 105. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I would have liked the Ch53, other articles advise that the U.S. Attack helo’s would end up in legal stuff, nothing personal but some choices are not mass market types, nice but DCS need to appeal worldwide. Uh60 serves in many places. Just a thought, would any older helo’s such as the S55 be considered. In many sub types it flew from 1955 to 199x, the RAF had the Whirlwind and Wessex. About every air or navy had them as rescue birds. Just a thought

I actually like both of those options but I doubt we would ever see the S55. Theres actually about 12 of them flying and working the Pacific northwest still. I spent a summer flying them up there and there's nothing like the sound of that radial engine starting up. Probably my second favorite helicopter only to the Huey!

Hi !

As I said on FB, I would love to see a Super puma/Caracal/Caiman in the game but since they are not in this list, I vote for UH-60M (even if I would love to see the EC665n but I prefer transport helicopter :D ).

Anyway, thanks for your time guys !

Totally with Jester and borchi. The Red Team has proper, rugged, purpose built attack helicopters in the Ka-50 and the monstrous Mi-24 Hind coming along soon. Blue has converted stand-in transport/scouts like the UH-1 Huey, Gazelle and the forthcoming Bo-105, which at least can launch HOT and Hellfire missiles both on ground units. Though the Gazelle does feature the famous Fenestron tail rotor. ;)

Blue Team needs a proper helicopter gunship, and the AH-1W is battle proven with a long and successful career, and seeing this beastie in Marine colors would bring a tear to my eye. Particularly when I improvise an alternate livery for it

Team Red wish MiG-23/27, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-30 C, Yak-130, Tu-16, Tu-95, Tu-22M

Team Blue want AH-1W, AH-64, Alphajet, A-4, Jaguar, Tornado, F-16, A-6, A-7, F-111, F-15E, B-52, B-1B

I would prefer Ah-1 over the Tigre mainly because the tigre is too modern, i mean plenty of confidential stuff... that kind of stuff never arrives to the sim, cobra, while is the one of the latest version, keeps being an older chopper, less prone to get into muddy terrains of "omgsecretstuff", as many other has already pointed, blue team needs a dedicated gunship, while the transport role is already well covered with 2 real icons of the cold war... we don't have red scout now that i think of it....

• Like 1

My first choice would be the Tiger, closely followed by the Ch-53. I think a modern western coop gameplay capable attack helo is what's needed next.

@borchi...is that even possible concerning the state of classification of the EC665?

My first choice would be the Tiger, closely followed by the Ch-53. I think a modern western coop gameplay capable attack helo is what's needed next.

@borchi...is that even possible concerning the state of classification of the EC665?

That's why i say its preferable the cobra, is a "western coop gameplay capable attack helo" too... just a decade or two older and fas less "cutting edge stuff"

Well, i don't think we should care about classification. We should only think about what we really want. If they give us the option, they think it's feasible. Even if we should not take a proposal for granted.

For me, it's the Tiger : it's the next logical step from the Gazelle, one helo we never seen in a game, plenty of my non-aviation friends would buy the module, like they did for the Gazelle, because they'd get hyped, and thus i could run my own virtual EAALAT :D

I don't really know what my second choice would be, but if it has shared cockpit & efficient weapon (which the Gazelle doesn't have :lol:) count me on. And if it's european and modern (EC635 for instance) it's a big plus.

Edited by Absha
writing

As I posted in the Littlebird thread, I can't see the value in producing playable assets below the UH-1 and Gazelle level. Combined Arms isn't up to the level of Battlefield 2, let alone ARMA, so I'm just not sold on how valuable a light and more vulnerable scout class chopper would be either to gameplay, or those forking out hard earned money for modules. Troop carriers either.

With the Red side having the Ka-50 and Mi-24 coming along, the Blue side really needs some beef in the attack helicopter stable. AH-1W is plenty capable, fairly fast, nimble and sturdy, and as others have said, less prone to confidential-itis.

Team Red wish MiG-23/27, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-30 C, Yak-130, Tu-16, Tu-95, Tu-22M

Team Blue want AH-1W, AH-64, Alphajet, A-4, Jaguar, Tornado, F-16, A-6, A-7, F-111, F-15E, B-52, B-1B

As I posted in the Littlebird thread, I can't see the value in producing playable assets below the UH-1 and Gazelle level. Combined Arms isn't up to the level of Battlefield 2, let alone ARMA, so I'm just not sold on how valuable a light and more vulnerable scout class chopper would be either to gameplay, or those forking out hard earned money for modules. Troop carriers either.

With the Red side having the Ka-50 and Mi-24 coming along, the Blue side really needs some beef in the attack helicopter stable. AH-1W is plenty capable, fairly fast, nimble and sturdy, and as others have said, less prone to confidential-itis.

This. Exactly this 100%.