Real life footage/film of Georgia

REDEYE_CVW-66

Wow! I just finished watching Wags' new Huey "fast and low" over Georgia in 2.5 and was wondering if a land this old, would have so many forested areas. Your video shows that it definitely does. I'd love to see the "tower" towns in DCS though. All the towns, villages, and cities seem too modern in DCS.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

beautiful.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Wow! I just finished watching Wags' new Huey "fast and low" over Georgia in 2.5 and was wondering if a land this old, would have so many forested areas. Your video shows that it definitely does. I'd love to see the "tower" towns in DCS though. All the towns, villages, and cities seem too modern in DCS.

they are there ... you have to visit the area in DCS that would be the Svaneti National park / Ushguli /Mestia area... those towers are "Svan Towers" and exist where they should in our map.... its very neat.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/towers-svaneti

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mestia

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Found this great vid. I am sure there are others as well.

Beautiful sight!! Hope some of the milestones seen there make it to the new Caucasus map. One can really recognise the fields and environment in what we have already watched in Wags' casts clap_2.gifclap_2.gifclap_2.gif:beer: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

So kewl!

I wonder if we will be getting the Mestia airfield. Probably not though. It looks pretty quiet, not used much. Even the terminal is half rolled up...

Queen_Tamar_Airport_Mestia.JPG

The Mestians seem to be pretty thrifty and industrious. Someone seems to have bought a surplus space-heater from Chernobyl...

Mestia_in_winter.jpg

:noexpression:

:D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

they are there ... you have to visit the area in DCS that would be the Svaneti National park / Ushguli /Mestia area... those towers are "Svan Towers" and exist where they should in our map.... its very neat.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/towers-svaneti

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mestia

Do you have some DCS coordinates for them?

I flew around in the Mestia area for some time in my Bell 47, didn't see any towers except for some chimneys.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Very nice, thanks zionid.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Comparing the footage and the new map, what do you thing about new trees? For me in all Eagle's simulators trees are somehow bigger(6-7 stories) that usual . I know that if the trees are smaller, then their count should be bigger and the hardware requirements will be different.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2