160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out that is not good for my Virtual Health to fly with Alpen during the weekends!

Everyone wants to shoot him down!!!

And so I end up flying alone. Might wanna change my name to Lonewolf XD

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Le' server is le' down lads :joystick:

With DCS 2.5 being released soon any major issues that require fixing remain on hold. No point in fixing stuff that might get screwed up anyway with DCS 2.5's new features. Simple Radio, server crashing on rotation and autostart are the issues I'm referring to among other tiny things.

Server will be back up during the next hour.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Yeah Alpen is coming on in a little bit so wont be long matey :thumbup:

Cool, thanks for the update :thumbup:

Hopefully people will come back, the server going offline like this is killing the amount of people on there. I had to join today via IP address as no matter how many times I refreshed the server would not show up in the list. DCS needs to fix multiplayer BAD!

I have been on this forum looking for a thread that is discussing the nerfing of the air to air missiles that just recently happened. I would like to follow what is going on but have not found an active thread. Does anyone know of one dealing with this?

Thanks,

Just an suggestion to consider - how about adding some AAA around the cities and maybe even including the flak script.

The point is to bring the fight or at least the flights to a higher level then 10-50 meters over the ground where pretty much most are flying. Its quite evident especially in the phone booth mission where majority are flying like they would be piloting a jet engine propelled lawn cutters :D

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Just an suggestion to consider - how about adding some AAA around the cities and maybe even including the flak script.

The point is to bring the fight or at least the flights to a higher level then 10-50 meters over the ground where pretty much most are flying. Its quite evident especially in the phone booth mission where majority are flying like they would be piloting a jet engine propelled lawn cutters :D

Thats true, but i think the mission were created to allow Air to Ground mission also for F5 and Mig 21. If you put air defences up only the modern planes can attack ground target.

Maybe 2.5 changes this behavior next week. You can run into trees, little hills and more ...

I'm not proposing to strengthen the air defences around the targets. They are fine as they are. Just to create scattered AAA and maybe flak at over the complete area, maybe around the cities so that flying at low level behind the front line, during ingress to the target would create a risk of being hit by ground fire (as in real life).

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Yeah. Good luck with that. Ppl will go as low as possible for a while with the new map released

Sent from my iQE100 using Tapatalk

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I'm not proposing to strengthen the air defences around the targets. They are fine as they are. Just to create scattered AAA and maybe flak at over the complete area, maybe around the cities so that flying at low level behind the front line, during ingress to the target would create a risk of being hit by ground fire (as in real life).

Adding more ground units might affect the server's behaviour in a way that it could start lagging. Could, not surely will. I will consider doing that but I'd rather have helicopter pilots deploy some AAA's for what the transport missions are there. If I'd scatter some AAA's here and there there wont be a point for transporting any. Looks like more and more players are flying helicopters lately ever since I've added the CTLD script to the missions.

In Phone Booth for example, players could deploy some AAA's around the TA (be it Nalchik for Blue or Beslan for Red) before taking to the skies in their strikers or do it while others are striking. 4 Hip's and 4 Huey's are availabe. That's 4 AAA's in a matter of 10-15 minutes from start up to deployment if you have a team to fly with. Combat aviation is about teamwork anyway. I create the missions in a way that only teamwork would get them what they want. Sometimes you see 5 or more players on TS coordinating stuff together and being effective at it too. That's where the satisfying fun comes from! Phone Booth is almost everyone's most hated mission. Well, guess what! It's my favourite. Because that's a mission where finishing all 3 TA's (activated one a a time) requires teamwork. I fly on Red mainly and have only managed to experience that 3 or 4 times. Makes it special and not regular. But that's just me.

In other missions you have the mountains where players are forced to fly high/er. And when flying through trees wont be an option in the near future for the lawn mowers amongst us then things might become a bit better.

Let it roll and we'll see.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Alpen you might consider Re Saving the missions. Ordinance are missing on red side plus SAMs don't engage again in most situations.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

After a very long break I joined the server today.

Back in the days it was already imbalanced when it was MIG21 vs F5E, and everyone wanted to fly the tigers. Now the blue side has Harriers and Viggens, and the red side is stuck with the useless MIG21. Of course, there were like 14 players on the blue side vs 4 MIGs. I was constantly locked above my own airfield, had no idea where to look. Is there no AA? SAMs? I will for sure not join this server to fly red and be a target drone, nor the blue side to fly around with no targets. :(

Back in the days it was already imbalanced when it was MIG21 vs F5E, and everyone wanted to fly the tigers. Now the blue side has Harriers and Viggens, and the red side is stuck with the useless MIG21. Of course, there were like 14 players on the blue side vs 4 MIGs. I was constantly locked above my own airfield, had no idea where to look. Is there no AA? SAMs? I will for sure not join this server to fly red and be a target drone, nor the blue side to fly around with no targets. :(

Dude it happens... Red sometimes over runs the blue too, admittedly not as often.

Just ask the blues to back off a bit kindly or for more to move to redside. Or netflix and chill

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You said it yourself. Even back in the days when it was only MiG-21 vs F-5 the Blue side did have the numbers over Red. On other servers you'd mostly find the Blue side outnumbering the Red side as well. Blue has more to offer and that's the major reason behind it. The MiG-19 is being made thank God and I can't think of any other possible Red planes in the future other than the Su-22 or the MiG-23 which haven't been confirmed yet so that Red might compete with Blue when it comes to the variety of airframes. But that would be it then. This is exactly why many servers have almost every airframe available for each side; to safeguard "balance". Well, guess what... It ain't balanced all that much. I'd rather have it as realistic as possible (and here I can only depend on what DCS has to offer and allow myself to add units that don't exactly meet the actuality back in the days). That's why you'll never see any module here flying on both sides. The Harrier had its maiden flight during the so called Second Cold War so I kinda allowed this modern Harrier we have here to join the server. Limited slots (will be reduced even more). It's a new module so why not give those who love it the chance to fly against less dangerous opposing fighters such as the Sukhoi, the Fulcrum etc.

That's my humble point of view. Surely not everyone will agree and I'd be naive to expect that.

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Agreed with Comie- from what I have seen a lot of the server population depends on the time. When it is morning in the US/evening into night in Europe the Reds have a lot more players. At least generally...

That being said, I haven't been able to see the server since last night, I'm not complaining, I just want to make sure it isn't just something on my end.

Thanks all.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

That being said, I haven't been able to see the server since last night, I'm not complaining, I just want to make sure it isn't just something on my end..

It's not you'r end mate, the server wont tend to be up before 5-6pm GMT due to instability issues with current version of DCS. Once IronJokle gets home from work, I assume.. he generally restarts the server for us. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A few changes in all missions:

- The number of HAWK SAM sites was reduced; even after the Sa-6's were fixed they're still not as they were before.

Very poor defence system compared to the HAWK.

- 1-2 additional Sa-6 sites were added to Red in some missions.

- The number of slots for the Harrier was reduced from 12,10,8 to 6 only; The version we have is a modern one. Still I gave her a chance.

I don't see MiG-21 pilots having all that trouble fighting her so she'll stay.

Future Plans:

- The MiG-19 will be added to Red.

- The Mi-24 will be added to Red.

- The F-4 will be added to Blue (might replace the Harrier completely. Might just leave 2 slots max. for the Harrier. We'll see)

- The F-4 will recieve a max of 6 MAYBE 8 slots (otherwise Red would retire if I'd give the F-4 10 or more slots).

- The F-14 will be added to Blue but ONLY if the MiG-23 will ever be made for Red.

Even if the F-14 and the MiG-23 should ever enter the server the number of slots will be limited 4-6 only.

So basically the MiG-21 and F-5 will always provide the bigger squadrons for their coalitions. Slots for more advanced modules will have to reamin limited to maintain some balance. The balance I'm talking about is NOT the numbers of pilots on each side. That's an old issue affecting all servers. It's rather balancing the numbers of the available airframes depending on their capabalities. For example; if I have 4 F-14's on Blue, 20 available MiG-21's on Red wont bother and vice versa regarding the MiG-23 and the F-5 although the F-14 is more capable than the MiG-23, I know. We'll have to wait and see and hope for the MiG-23 to be made in the first place.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Thanks for the update Alpenwolf!

Do we get the 2.5 update this week?

I found some nice Skins for the F5E in 2.5 but for other countries than the USA. It would be cool to fly a Turkish, Spanish or Swiss F5 at ACG!

edit

Brigg, its Razbam