What are you excited about in DCS for 2018

iVVChewy9141VVi

I think desktop simulation is currently experiencing growth not seen for many years.

There are many recent releases and upcoming products, including

• Monumental DCS improvements
  • CloD Blitz
  • Il-2 Kuban
  • Il-2 Bodenplatte
  • Flying Circus
  • Tank Crew

The growth of VR seems to be adding momentum to this. It is a rather exciting time.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

BO-105

Virpil throttle

Content for the Viggen & Harrier

IL-2 Flying Circus

SoH map

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

* Vulcan API

* Nvidia Volta range cards

* Dcs 2.5

* F-18

* F-14

* SOH

* Vietnam map with speedtrees. IMMERSIVE

* Maybe a great new king in VR headset, but that comes not earlier then 2019 i think. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

- reliable performance, less bugs, a contstant branch that is stable, aka no game breaking bugs.

- a "new-module-stop" until it is stable for all. see above

- a dedicated server

- mGPU

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I am most exited for the upcoming merge, and VR improvements.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The New and Improved Better Than Ever™ Caucasus map! Two More Weeks!!:D

But as much as I'm thrilled about that, I'm looking forward to ED, after getting any snags ironed out with the new Caucasus map, them having resources freed up to working on other things, which have been in the pipeline for some time, like the new Damage Model, and WWII Assets; hey, I'm a Warbird man ;)

ED is doing an awesome job! I've been critical of some points and aspects of DCS, which is to be expected. Somebody has to make decisions on what to do next, and it's not possible to satisfy everybody at once. That's life.

I'm not a jet-jockey, but I still enjoy seeing what is developing in that realm. The Viggen release had me excited, and the Harrier has me in goosebumps at times -- maybe they'll get me to trade oil and gasoline and the blast of a propeller for searing speed and laser-guided weapons that just don't miss. Ever hit a small bridge with an aerial bomb dropped from a P-51D in a steep dive with flak pommeling the sky around you? Me neither :)

So I'm looking forward to more of the Same-Old-Same-Old, because with ED that's exciting.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

2.5 to have it all together finally.

The F-18 because the more I get into this Aircraft the more I like it.

The F-14 because well you know :pilotfly:

The Caucasus,...I really can't stand the old map anymore, revisiting the updated version with beautiful and more relistic graphics will be a blast, I'm sure!

Straight of Hormuz will be a nice to have theater which will go nicely with the F18, F14, AV8B.

EVERYTHING

Getting rid of multiple versions (And I am sure the DEVS will be relieved to not have to code for so many different splits)

F-18, F14, Getting to fly in the Caucuses again. (I have been using NTTR since it came out and haven't flown anything else since so I am looking forward to Caucuses and revamped campaigns and missions)

Straits of Hormuz, Carrier OPs etc..

What's NOT to like..?

(Oh and Hind and hopefully the Cobra will appear on the list again as it seems to have disappeared in 2017)

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Better VR, Better VR, Better VR, Better VR, Better VR, Better VR performance. :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Better VR, Better VR, Better VR, Better VR, Better VR, Better VR performance. :)

And on top of that, maybe even a little more better VR.

:thumbup:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Call me crazy but... its Vulkan for me (still hoping to run DCS on Linux some day) :)

Well, you know that changing the graphics library won't make DCS to be multi-system. :)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all