LHA Variants - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
crazyeddie

Reputation power: 23
crazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default LHA Variants

Is there any intention to create USS Siapan, USS Nassau or USS Peleliu from the basic LHA model.

It would be nice to have a couple of different decks ?
crazyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:39 PM   #2
uscstaylor

Reputation power: 13
uscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the rough

10000+

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Spoiler:
Gigabyte Z-270X G7 Motherboard, Intel i7- 6700K @ 4.2 Ghz, Water Cooled | 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD l 32gb Cruicbal Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 Mhz l Gigayte GeForce GTX 1070 Xtreme video card | TM Warthog HOTAS+ Extension|T-Rudder Pedals Mk. III |Track IR5 Pro| Windows 10 64 bit
uscstaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:41 AM   #3
Prowler111
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Prowler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really nice

Right now im working in the High Res Tarawa version, if differences are not that dramatic..we´ll see
Prowler111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:26 AM   #4
rick66

Reputation power: 0
rick66 will become famous soon enoughrick66 will become famous soon enough

USS America
rick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:43 PM   #5
WOPR

Reputation power: 0
WOPR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler111 View Post
Right now im working in the High Res Tarawa version, if differences are not that dramatic..we´ll see
You can probably cheat and just change hull numbers on LHA-1 to LHA-5. Only the most astute observers would notice the difference. LHA-6 is a new class with a significantly different topside. LHA-8 will have some noticeable differences from LHA-6 too. It just depends on how accurate you want the topside visuals to be.

I have a question that is related, but not this subject. Is radar rotation going to be animated in the future?
WOPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #6
tobaschi

Reputation power: 12
tobaschi is just really nicetobaschi is just really nicetobaschi is just really nicetobaschi is just really nicetobaschi is just really nicetobaschi is just really nicetobaschi is just really nicetobaschi is just really nicetobaschi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick66 View Post
USS America

won't it sunk anyways?
tobaschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #7
crazyeddie

Reputation power: 23
crazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of light

The Tarawa Class were all slightly different, as most classes of warship are, but a realistic change for the game would be on the deck paint job and the hull / superstructure numbering.

I would not expect a different model, that is asking a bit too much of Razbam I think, and they want to concentrate their main efforts on the AV8, which is quite exceptional.

I would go so far as to say the best Aircraft in the game so far. But I would, having pointed quite a few of the earlier versions at real targets in my time.
crazyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #8
BritTorrent

Reputation power: 3
BritTorrent will become famous soon enoughBritTorrent will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler111 View Post
Hi Prowler,

As part of the ongoing development of the Tarawa (and the AV-8 in general), are you guys planning to add more features to it? Landing aids, lights, TACAN etc. Or is it going to be as is but with higher resolution textures?
BritTorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:56 PM   #9
joey45
Veteran

Reputation power: 174
joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of

TACAN will be added, not sure about the others.
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
It's not the Devs that destroy games it's the communities that control it.
Please send all hate mail to No11
Version 1 of my Harrier liveries are up and a load of other fantastic ones.
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote