Brand new Bf 109G rolled out

MeierMotors GmbH has just completed out its latest project, a Messerschmitt Bf 109G-4, Double Chevron - "Schwartz 1":

http://www.meiermotors.com/index.php/projekte/messerschmitt-bf109/messerschmitt-bf109-g-fighterfactory?showall=&start=1

First engine run was in February 2015:

It is in the markings of I./JG 3 Gruppenkommandeur Major Klaus Quaet-Faslem, who was killed crashing his aircraft in bad weather on 30 January 1944.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_Quaet-Faslem

A new 109? Good news indeed! So tired of hearing about "one less," so nice to hear "one more."

This is an exact replica? Original engine, or also replica? I gather some "unnoticeable" things (e.g. spark plugs) really need to be modernized for safety reasons, but it's always wonderful when the replica is otherwise exact, engine & all.

A new 109? Good news indeed! So tired of hearing about "one less," so nice to hear "one more."

This is an exact replica? Original engine, or also replica? I gather some "unnoticeable" things (e.g. spark plugs) really need to be modernized for safety reasons, but it's always wonderful when the replica is otherwise exact, engine & all.

I very much doubt the engine is a replica.... The cost would be prohibitive.

As to whether the plane itself is a replica that depends on your definition. AFAIK you aren't allowed to build new replicas of warbirds in the EU. They must be built up from an existing airframe though 99% could be made in new metal.

Edited by Random

As to whether the plane itself is a replica that depends on your definition.

Indeed. This particular plane is re-engined Buchon airframe.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

To be honest I don't know the reasoning but having spoken to various people who restore warbirds for a living in the UK they all state you can't build a "new" spitfire for example. You have to supply the ID plate at the very least. Seems crazy to me!

To be honest I don't know the reasoning but having spoken to various people who restore warbirds for a living in the UK they all state you can't build a "new" spitfire for example. You have to supply the ID plate at the very least. Seems crazy to me!

Not sure this is correct the 2 replica fw-190 that were built by Flug Werk GmbH were built from scratch.

Not sure this is correct the 2 replica fw-190 that were built by Flug Werk GmbH were built from scratch.

Will discuss that on friday when I see a couple of the guys I mentioned. Suspect it's because the Flugwerk 190's aren't claiming to be a focke wulf.

Would be good if i'm wrong as that could open up the possibility of seeing one of those Mosquito replicas in the air in the UK some time!

Edited by Random