90 percent in single player

ctguy1955

this is just the last example. I know its not pretty, but i normally do get off the

ground and take off fine in the end...when it comes to single player.

this is just so discouraging.

Edited by ctguy1955

this is just the last example. I know its not pretty, but i normally do get off the

ground and take off fine in the end...when it comes to single player.

this is just so discouraging.

soapbox-lag090420a_1240237232.jpg

Use servers with a low ping. During takeoff and landing, even a slight delay influences the control. In multiplayer mode for takeoff and landing I increase my attention. for example in a single game, I freely take off at the Dora without fixing the tail wheel, in multiplayer I am more cautious and always fix it

Edited by Neuman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i5, 16GB RAM, GF-760, SSD

I always pick the DOW or Korea server, and they always have low ping.

its disparaging to me to try over and over again in multiplayer, get frustrated,

and switch to single player and be able to take off no problem.

I know its something im doing wrong.

I have messed around with the pedals and their value curves. 30% curve.

my x52 hotas has given me nothing but trouble and I am returning it

and am now using my usb X35T and x36F, and the feeling is different.

df414218431d.png

You need more practice.

When taking off just hold the right pedal. during the takeoff be cautious with the pedals, don't swerve pedals left and right.

Hold the right pedal and watch the ADI arrows. ADI arrow should be kept at the vertical position

If your plane want to do Barrel roll on the runway use the left / right split braking. But that only if your plane really want do that. to anticipate this you must control "ball" on ADI.

And do not overpull the stick when you want to take off from the runway. Just hold it in position and your plane will take off when reaching the desired speed.

Edited by Neuman
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank You for the heads up with the bottom bubble, I seem to only use the top.

"When taking off just hold the right pedal. during the takeoff be cautious with the pedals, don't swerve pedals left and right.

Hold the right pedal and watch the ADI arrows. ADI arrow should be kept at the vertical position

If your plane want to do Barrel roll on the runway use the left / right split braking. But that only if your plane really want do that. to anticipate this you must control "ball" on ADI.

And do not overpull the stick when you want to take off from the runway. Just hold it in position and your plane will take off when reaching the desired speed.'

I wish the photo had the full image without the left part being cut off, but I thank You SO MUCH for your help !

My X52 joystick lights up blue and stops working, so I had to switch back to my old usb X36F and X35T for now.

I wont be buying anymore Saitek ( madcatz ) products in the future.

My old usb saitek is ok, but is very old now but it decent shape. Sure feels different when flying in DCS than the X52

Edited by ctguy1955

I wish the photo had the full image without the left part being cut off, but I thank You SO MUCH for your help !

acfbed7d88dc.png

That pic from DCS FW-190D9 Flight Manual PDF. page 58/157

You can find it:

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Doc\

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I took off last night for the very first time in multiplayer. I guess I broke my

landing gear by going to fast before I tried to raise them, and I ended up flying

the whole time with gear down.

I stayed close to ground and got to the airport, but before I could start my run, I was

killed in my cockpit. Felt good to finally get up, but I will raise flaps and gear asap

from now on. Lesson learned. Felt so good !!!

Try landing Dora without flaps. if you are not released flaps you can avoid bounce landing maintaining the speed (~180 km/h), that speed sufficient for the effective control of the aircraft. In DCS we have modern long airfields, not like airfields WW2, and we can well afford a long run on them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

There is only one secret regarding takeoffs in the Dora:

- Pull the stick back ( all the way back ) until you get to around 130-150 km/h, and only then ease it a little, not necessarily to neutral because you can well perform a 3-wheel takeoff in this bird, provided you do not pull aggressively when it get's airborne.

The use of rudder to counter any tendencies to go left or right on the rw is still a requirement, but minor if you make sure the stick is pulled fully back during acceleration.

You should also use full power for takeoff in the Dora, as opposed to the K4 in DCS where I find it a lot better to takeoff at max 1.4 ATA...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...