DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM - Page 64 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #631
Harlikwin
Veteran

Well, two ways they (raz or ED) could make this sort of work,

Obviously a human or multiple human GCIs in CA is probably the ideal solution for MP (at least one that knows what he's doing)

Secondly, I wonder if something like Jester AI could be adapted. Obviously it wouldn't be that smart, but it could certainly guide you in and yell at you if you deviated from whatever course you had (maybe that could be an option to turn off). And then once in the dogfight could provide Jester like callouts like enemy position, or break if there's a missile launch or stuff like that. I wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a nice way to leverage that specific technology.

I'd like for that to be more generalizable than just the mig23 as all of the other migs (15/19/21) would benefit from this.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:58 PM   #632
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Not comparing to 2-3 F-15C but to Su-27S itself and its capabilities. If comparing to something Mig-23MLA it would then be the F-4 II Phantom with a similarities, and of course if we could have, a F-16A or F-15A or even F-14B (that we get).

Still, the helmet aiming device makes a huge difference in close combat. And the R-60 missiles would be as deadly then as R-73 was later on.

Sure, in equal numbers it will be as it is more about pilot and their tactics how the utilize the weakness of enemy and strength of theirs.

I am very much waiting Mig-23MLA, more than any other fixed wing aircraft really. Only a Mi-24P and possibly even AH-1"whatever" comes before it.

My dream after Mig-23MLA is that we get a Mig-27K a couple years later. It would IMHO complete the Soviet aircrafts for years in 3rd generation.

Well realistically the MLA was a late 70's version which along with the later 80's era MLD's would have had to deal with early western 4th gen aircraft like the F14A, F15A, and F16A. Of those the first two would be serious problems for the mig23 due to their better BVR capabilities and radars. I recall seeing a Mig23 tactics manual which more or less said, don't mess with these aircraft. The F16A would be more tractable, as it only had Aim9's at that time and the early radar wasn't great.

I don't think the HMD system was actually in practice fitted to any MLA's, maybe the later MLD's. (I know it was tested in the mig23, but by then the mig29 was the priority)

I'd also love to see a mig27K, that would be an insta-buy for me, provided it was done properly.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:32 AM   #633
pepin1234

Never in the Soviet tactics were Plan to face Mig-23 against F-14 as a counterpart. Also never in the US navy was a plan to deploy F-14 in the continental European battlefield. So the idea to set F-14 against Mig-23 is not realistic. The only cases we saw these two aircraft facing each other were two 3rd World countries using outdated versions as Libya send it two MF versions in a crazy move and Iraq using several versions in his war against Iran. In this last scenery you even can’t find many Iraqi pilots to confirm any real action because they are or died or in asylum somewhere, or they just do not want to declare anything of their actions. Go right now to Wikipedia and read Iranian F-14 shot down 160 Iraqi aircrafts... jajaja

To be honest in this regards. The multiplayers missions for the F-14 in DCS are a kind of sci-fi in realistic speaking. I don’t think this will change for Mig-23 by Razbam. I don’t expect a campaign, mostly because the load of work is huge.

What you gonna find in MP these days...: naval attack group with F-14 carriers just 45km from a red airbase where the red aircraft can’t take off quite and also need to evade missiles just after take off. No Tu-22M and no artillery to solve the situation by reds and they all the time expecting red forces use Su-25T to face a naval group. After saw this... I went to play my second option simulator.

Last edited by pepin1234; 08-09-2019 at 06:44 AM.
pepin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:59 AM   #634
stuart666

PVO utilized Mig23. Its pretty clear there was some prospect of PVO Mig23's and F14's clashing in 1983 in the aftermath of KAL007. The European Battlefield also includes the North Cape, again, a likely flashpoint between the USN and the PVO or even Frontal Aviation.

They are near contemporaries, and would have fought each other.
stuart666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #635
pepin1234

this can happen only with the destruction of Soviet Naval groups in what range from the Mig-23 combat range you expect deploy an Aircraft carrier with all kind of Soviet threats? In a realistic scenery this only happen if you destroy the first line of the North Fleet and then the long range Naval aviation and long range coast artillery and then long range high altitude Soviet interceptors. You need to beat all those enemy threat to reach Mig-23 combat assignment area.

Last edited by pepin1234; 08-09-2019 at 08:24 AM.
pepin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:02 PM   #636
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepin1234 View Post
this can happen only with the destruction of Soviet Naval groups in what range from the Mig-23 combat range you expect deploy an Aircraft carrier with all kind of Soviet threats? In a realistic scenery this only happen if you destroy the first line of the North Fleet and then the long range Naval aviation and long range coast artillery and then long range high altitude Soviet interceptors. You need to beat all those enemy threat to reach Mig-23 combat assignment area.
Actually, I was thinking of a scenario on the Syria Map. Have airstrikes from f18's/F14's into Syria, which actually did operate MLA's.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:42 AM   #637
pepin1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Actually, I was thinking of a scenario on the Syria Map. Have airstrikes from f18's/F14's into Syria, which actually did operate MLA's.
I guess you want to do it better in Syria intending a Fight against Syrian Mig-23MLA. Sound good. Remember, that move with this level of military forces is not a surprise and in response a move of the allies forces mentioned above also apply.

What you want to try maybe apply better for F-16 from Israel.

I mean I am talking in a realistic simulation. The people always are free to do fictional scenery and play in them.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:35 AM   #638
OverStratos
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post

The MiG-23 will be modeled to be realistic and to the max of its capabilities and this includes a properly made datalink system.
OverStratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:49 AM   #639
pepin1234

Good news. Thanks for let it know that.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:25 PM   #640
bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverStratos View Post
The MiG-23 will be modeled to be realistic and to the max of its capabilities and this includes a properly made datalink system.
Wow, i didn't expect that. That's the best info about this project, now i'm sold. This fighters had an ability to be automatically and semi automatically guided from the ground during interception in the most optimal way.

This was different philosophy than western but this ability would be something really new.
bies is offline   Reply With Quote