Black Shark Virtual Panel v.1.1

Mnemonic

Any chance the EKRAN, SAI and three right guages will be added?

My original layout plan for BSVP was like this:

BSVP_layout_40d.jpg

...and as you can see I've already done the graphics for the remaining gauges like the standby ADI, clock and whisky compass. You'll have to wait for Mnemonic to do more of his coding magic in a future version of BSVP before using them, however. We thought you guys would rather be enjoying BSVP now rather than wait until every single gauge is finished before releasing it :).

would it be possable to include the annunciator panel on the screen (or have an option for it) as well. This would mean that i wouldnt have to spend £60 on an IO card and LED's. and i could finally alt-F1 that cockpit display.

Since I designed that layout, we now have the EKRAN, LWS, weapons display, warning lights and AP lights in TouchPal so those areas could potentially be used for something else like the overhead lights instead.

Cheers,

DD

Edited by DickDastardly

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess this requires .LUA to be active in a multiplayer server?

i love this, but its useless for me if it doesnt work in multiplayer...

i really hate having to look down in the virtual cockpit... i depend on the Vertical Descent Rate gauge to keep me out of vortex ring..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

When it states that BSVP runs over a network, does that refer to a linksys router network or a real network? If a linksys router network is ok, how do you figure out the ip for the other computers hooked up to the router?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

i guess this requires .LUA to be active in a multiplayer server? i love this, but its useless for me if it doesnt work in multiplayer.

Contact the admins of your favourite servers and ask them to enable lua exports, including links to the BSVP and TouchPal threads to explain why you'd like them them to do so. The more people that contact them, the more likely they are to enable this feature.

For those of us that don't use or know too much about Touchbuddy... will the Ekran eventually be included in BSVP or should we look at installing TB eventhough we don't have touchscreens?

TouchPal replaces my original TouchBuddy profiles for Black Shark and offers a lot more functionality as everything is now synced with the sim via lua. You don't need a touch screen to benefit from TouchPal as it displays a lot of useful stuff like the LWS, CMS, EKRAN and Weapons readouts. Even with a mouse, it's a lot easier to click on a large stationary TouchPal button than one in the VC.

As for whether the EKRAN will ever be added to BSVP, I don't know (although the graphics are ready). The fact that it's already available in TouchPal makes it a lower priority than adding some of the other stuff we don't yet have in either program.

Cheers,

DD

Edited by DickDastardly

sobe, a linksys router network (or any other typical manufacturer's router-based network) is a real network, known as a Local Area Network (LAN). The IP addresses of machines within that LAN will typically be within the ranges permitted to private LANS, rather than the IP ranges for public networks (ie. the internet).

You will need to get into the configuration of your router for your LAN. There are two different ways that it could be assigning IP addresses to the machines within your LAN. It could be assigning them automatically (known as DHCP) as they are detected joining the network by the router. However, that is not what your really want for these applications. In this case, you want to have the involved machines consistently get the same address. This is configured within the router, and you will need to read up on how to do it within your specific router make and model.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Actually my router is from ATT and the documentation is nil. I will see if I can find some docs on the Westtel on the internet. If necessary, I guess I will have to call ATT tech support. That will be lots of fun.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Router documentation is not needed

On windows, you need to open the command prompt (cmd.exe), and then write "ipconfig". This will print the IP address of the computer and other information about the network connection

If the router use dynamic DHCP, you will need to use the command "whoami" instead. This command will show the name of the computer. The part before the / is the name of the computer and this name can be used instead of the IP address

My original layout plan for BSVP was like this:

BSVP_layout_40d.jpg

...and as you can see I've already done the graphics for the remaining gauges like the standby ADI, clock and whisky compass. You'll have to wait for Mnemonic to do more of his coding magic in a future version of BSVP before using them, however. We thought you guys would rather be enjoying BSVP now rather than wait until every single gauge is finished before releasing it :).

Oh My God... this is pretty fantastic!

Guys, I have to say I am really impressed by the quality of your work and I am very excited to be able to resume my pit construction thanks to you.

I am getting a little bit confused between TP and BSVP though.

I understand BSVP can diplay analog gauges on a remote PC, which is exactly what I needed. Beside, it seems like TP can also display SHKVAL and ABRIS on a secondary screen, but can he also do that on a remote PC?

My pit have 3 screens for the oustide view, and 3 screens for the cockpit (one left for analog gauges, one small screen for the center TV, one for the right part).

SIMG_3295.JPG

The left cockpit display issue is now resolved thanks to BSVP. For the right cockpit display, I can display ABRIS, but this prevent me from displaying any other gauges (no EKRAN, HSI,...). Beside, this display configuration is a huge hit on my FPS as the CPU have to handle a massive number of pixels.

So you see my issue here. Being able to run some combined BSVP/TP on a secondary PC to take care of all the cockpit displays would be the ultimate life saver.

• Like 1

Hello to all,

I have not followed anything about the TP as I don't own one, but the features are kind of what I will need for the right side of the I.P. ABRIS, EKRAN and guages there. Can I use the TP utility without a touchscreen monitor?

Oh, just wanted to point out that BSVP has worked in every MP server I have been in.

BaD CrC

You have a fantastic setup! :)

How can I help you... Did you saw MaxiVista software?

http://www.maxivista.com/

It's shareware that allow you to use secondary PC as external monitor, it have some issues regarding to gaming (can be slow on framerates), but you can try a demo, maybe you will get an idea how to use it.

About exporting Skwal & Abris to another networked PC - I have no Idea how to make it, except using MaxiVista or something like that.

Maybe we will add "Ekran" to BSVP in future versions, but I doubt about Shkval or Abris.

I think many of us are trying to figure out the best way to apply BSVP and Touchpal when building Homecockpits so that we can display all the gauges, Shkval, Abris and Ekran.

We would then place the monitor(s) behind a panel of the cockpit.

Would the following setup work?

1) Can a networked client PC be used to run TouchPal to display Shkval, Abris and Ekran?

2) Would we be able to customize the position/resolution of the Abris and Shkval in TouchPal?

3) Can we have two instances(windows) of BSVP running at the same time with 1 window for right gauges and a 2nd window for left gauges?

Thank you for your help with this!

MonitorSetup.jpg

• Like 1

I think many of us are trying to figure out the best way to apply BSVP and Touchpal when building Homecockpits so that we can display all the gauges, Shkval, Abris and Ekran.

We would then place the monitor(s) behind a panel of the cockpit.

Would the following setup work?

1) Can a networked client PC be used to run TouchPal to display Shkval, Abris and Ekran?

2) Would we be able to customize the position/resolution of the Abris and Shkval in TouchPal?

3) Can we have two instances(windows) of BSVP running at the same time with 1 window for right gauges and a 2nd window for left gauges?

Thank you for your help with this!

1) No. Shkval and ABRIS can not be made remote at this time. In my testing you take a much more significant FPS hit trying to do so than running multiple monitors on the main PC. In addition while you can extract those images there are visual artifacts. The Ekran works fine remote.

2) No. Touchpal does not currently render the Shkval and ABRIS Black Shark does and Touchpal just overlays the rest of the screen around that. See answer to #1 in regards to making Shkval and ABRIS remote.

3) I think this can be made to happen but it will be a little inefficient as it will require modifications to the Export.lua to send the data to both instances of BSVP. I have not attempted to run two instances of BSVP on the same computer.

I am beginning design work on a KA-50 pit to go alongside my current touch screen pit. I'll be doing some testing of some monitor configuration options soon. I intend on using software to render the gauges as well.

a couple more for you to check out:

these are all single screen 1280x800

in this shot the instruments are positioned somewhat as they are in the virtual pit.

this layout was running 2 instances of bsvp but only the first one was getting data

i think Mnemonic said it would be possible to feed data to both instances.

if not i am sure it will be simple to extend one bsvp across 2 monitors on the networked pc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33314&stc=1&d=1257960916

the same as above using the alt+f1 view

note the camera view is 1280x400 aspect 3.2

this did set the hms position too high but could be my fault messing with the resolution settings.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33315&stc=1&d=1257960916

alt+f1 view about to smoke that oncoming truck

attachment.php?attachmentid=33316&stc=1&d=1257960916

same with f2 view

attachment.php?attachmentid=33317&stc=1&d=1257960916

and another

attachment.php?attachmentid=33318&stc=1&d=1257960916

now this one below was using alt+f1 but with camera @ 1280x800

the shkval and abris are there without doing anything else,

simply resize the bsvp window and gauges to suit.

i wonder if it is possible to have the camera view and the hud to remain stationary,

and just make the trackir move the hms, this would be good for people with

home pits where the cockpit is not required on screen.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33319&stc=1&d=1257960916

hms position was back to normal in this one with cannon attacking the locals

a view like this might be good for people with a big tv or projector and

no other screens, you can resize abris/shkval and bsvp to your heart content.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33320&stc=1&d=1257960916

and finally one to show how bsvp remains in position as

you look around with the hms, reminds me of the r22 view in msfs.

in these shots the bsvp window is well down below the bottom of the screen,

this was necessary due to the bsvp window scaling in relation to the vertical window size.

also all gauges had to be positioned from the middle of the bsvp window.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33321&stc=1&d=1257960916

Mnemonic:

a few ideas,

1. is it possible to make the bsvp background optional like: transparent, totally black or gone altogether?

2. can we have an option to remove the window header and border without going full screen?

3. can you please advise on making 2 instances of bsvp work together?

4. the reflection on the instruments glass, can that also be optional?

5. the needle jumping, can the data be filtered a little to supress the spiking? (to ignore massive sudden changes)

note: am noticing quite a lot of gauge needle jumping, this seems to be a lot worse in local host mode (only 1 pc)

that's about it for my laptop experiments :), hope you enjoyed the show.

ScreenShot_008.jpg.75dc3b77eb2a74aeda827072aa503903.jpg

ScreenShot_009.jpg.b29052229dfdeb67acb98b2b018e8d85.jpg

ScreenShot_012.jpg.0503557c3ab9cea449935ae1994ed6eb.jpg

ScreenShot_014.jpg.2250c45dfc3f55b814a3a1f626f2997a.jpg

ScreenShot_019.jpg.778e16ef5ab110e30673dce8eefc8477.jpg

ScreenShot_022.jpg.d83c299c63f9aefad42a1697f0feebad.jpg

ScreenShot_025.jpg.360cbb10599e153c459ac539512ee27e.jpg

ScreenShot_026.jpg.de32869682f5ba3c131214153b68f99d.jpg

Edited by G3

a few ideas,

1. is it possible to make the bsvp background optional like: transparent, totally black or gone altogether?

2. can we have an option to remove the window header and border without going full screen?

3. can you please advise on making 2 instances of bsvp work together?

4. the reflection on the instruments glass, can that also be optional?

5. the needle jumping, can the data be filtered a little to supress the spiking? (to ignore massive sudden changes)

note: am noticing quite a lot of gauge needle jumping, this seems to be a lot worse in local host mode (only 1 pc)

that's about it for my laptop experiments :), hope you enjoyed the show.

Great! Thanks :)

Some answers...

1. No I can't

2. Yes, I can make it

3. You can launch two BSVP's on two different PC's because they've both use the same port, so the option is to use different IP's. Changes in script the same as DD mentioned a bit earlier.

4. We need to ask DickDastardly to make the same set of day textures but without reflection, hope this would not be a problem, after this I can add "real" reflections (even moving ones) into BSVP, or turn them off. Now reflections are mainly baked into base diffuse texture.

5. I'll see what I can do about this :)

BaD CrC

You have a fantastic setup! :)

How can I help you... Did you saw MaxiVista software?

http://www.maxivista.com/

It's shareware that allow you to use secondary PC as external monitor, it have some issues regarding to gaming (can be slow on framerates), but you can try a demo, maybe you will get an idea how to use it.

About exporting Skwal & Abris to another networked PC - I have no Idea how to make it, except using MaxiVista or something like that.

Maybe we will add "Ekran" to BSVP in future versions, but I doubt about Shkval or Abris.

Hey mnemonic.

Thanks for your support and aswers. Didn't know maxivista. I went to the website and forum but I think that using maxivista for a networked ABRIS would take even more CPU on the server side (running BS) than if I am using my current configuration with multi screens. :joystick:

Didnt notice this thing until today!! Browsing for new mods on lockonfiles.com

There's no word about this in the main BS forum (or at least i didnt see it)

Excelent job! Superb!!

Will get my old 17" CRT attached again to the computer to test this marvel !!

about performance

Report of performance test and multiscreen with BS :

GillesDrone results :

I7 940

6x Go RAM

2x GTX 295, 1 Go each

BS :

1 screen: 170 fps

2 screen: 70 fps

3 screen: 30 fps

4 screen: 20-40 fps

FSX :

constant FPS whatever is the number of screens

LOFC :

3 screens ( main + TV + pit)

almost same FPS than with only one screen : 70 min to 180 fps max

EDIT : awaiting results with 5800 ATI series and Eyefinity... ? someone ? BadCrc 2x5850 ???

Edited by C6_Hellfrog

First try with BSVP on my pit with a 22' screen mounted behind the right front panel:

SIMG_3665.JPG

Really happy with the result. BSVP running on a secondary PC. Haven't tried to connect it to my main PC yet.

I realised the clock is missing. Not a big deal though. I put the engines RPM instead, much more useful.

Will do a short movie soon once connexion to BS is set up and all my buttons programmed and checked (300+ !!)

Thanks a million times Mnemonic!!

• Like 1

Menmonic.

Tried to play with BSVP tonight. I launched it on my secondary PC. I put the two lua files included in the export directory and modified the export.lua file to put my secondary PC IP adress at the host= line.

I launched BS on my primary PC and loaded a mission. Everything looked fine. BSVP said it was connected. But right after I hit the "Pause" key to start the sim, I got some serious freezes, like one second OK, then 2 seconds freeze, then 1 second ok again. I nonetheless managed to go through a quick start up sequence (pushed the buttons between two freezes) and I could see the BSVP gauges moving on my secondary PC.

Tried to add launcher.exe and DCS.exe in the exclusion list of windows firewall, but I still got the freezes. Any idea?

Thanks.

Bad CrC: c'est formidable! it is a shame we can no longer see the Shkval in a nighttime mission after running a separate monitor!

Menmonic: Hope you don't mind another question but I am just thinking out loud..

In my example, the three right guages are run on the 'BS' host computer. If an application of BSVP had a hypothetical way to select what guages to display and I choose only those three guages, is there a chance for better FPS when running the BSVP on the BS host? I thought maybe you would know as you may have seen FPS drop as you added features.

Most of the export.lua could stay the same as a remote computer would be running BSVP to do the left side guages.

thanks

Edited by JG14_Smil