The Enemy Within 3.0 MP - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #1
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Default The Enemy Within 3.0 MP

Hey guys, as the summer is coming and some will have more time for flying with friends, I am making available the beta version of my Enemy Within 3.0 Multiplayer mission.

Designed for 2-4 A-10Cs, it offers three kill boxes with randomly spawning units and a Predator drone in each calling out targets in real time plus 4 additional tasks that will also be randomly triggered - two from the SP campaign and two made specially for this mission.

If you want to make the best of this mission you will also be forced to do some roleplaying, interacting with Overlord, ground troops and other flights (there are no pre-recorded VOs for the flight lead, so you will have to do the talking!).

Before playing MAKE SURE to read the Designer's Notes. There are things you should and should not be doing for the mission to work as intended.

Remember, this is an Open Beta, report back any bugs you find, suggestions etc. If there is positive feedback I will be adding more content to this mission as time goes by.

UPDATES
BETA 4 available (DOWNLOAD).
Main fixes: fixed a bug in a bridge tasking where enemy infantry didn't shoot; added missing letters for some of the Pontiac messages; fixed an issue where Predator in Killbox November would crash; updated RTB flag; added separate messages with grids given by Pontiac for all killboxes to make it easier to note them down; updated wrong VO for Overlord in Outpost tasking.

Last edited by baltic_dragon; 07-25-2019 at 11:04 AM.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:40 AM   #2
QuiGon
Veteran

Awesome, thanks a lot!
It's a real bummer that DCS doesn't allow for paid coop campaigns

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:03 PM   #3
ZBoT

Hi Baltic! How would you play this mission with friends? Does it require a dedicated DCS server? I would like to try it but I've never used a multiplayer mission before.
ZBoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:35 AM   #4
baltic_dragon

You can just host a session and provide your friends your IP or make it public and let them find it. I am not an expert if you have trouble either ask for details on DCS discord or MP part of this forums.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:28 AM   #5
QuiGon
Veteran

As baltic dragon said, you can just host a multiplayer session from the multiplayer menu within DCS. You might need to open the respective ports on your router/firewall though, so other players can connect to your session. I don't know the port numbers out of my head right now, but they are listed in the game manual, wiki and you can also check the multiplayer subforum for them as well as for more information on how to do it.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:03 AM   #6
ZBoT

I'll give that a try. Thanks all!!!
ZBoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #7
baltic_dragon

Hey guys, updated version of the mission is now available for download in the first post.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #8
Cowboy10uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Awesome, thanks a lot!
It's a real bummer that DCS doesn't allow for paid coop campaigns
That’s my dream as well, I would happily pay handsomely for a full on coop campaign i an play with my mates.

I will certainly be giving this a try mind you, it looks stunning

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot
Cowboy10uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:29 PM   #9
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_dragon View Post
Hey guys, updated version of the mission is now available for download in the first post.

Thank you, I've been using Apache600's MP missions on my Dedicated Server, but will try this soon ... glad you are sharing it for free but tell ED that there is a market for paid MP missions, as I would certainly buy rather than edit my own.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:34 PM   #10
GTFreeFlyer

Looking forward to giving it another go!

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast
GTFreeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote