VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 598 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-13-2020, 03:42 PM   #5971
dikscratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
Read the manual and the part about the installation. It's a plugin for Voice Attack, so you must install Voice Attack first, and then install VAICOM (copy basically) and import it into Voice Attack, then you can open the VAICOM control panel and validate your keys.
It's all very well described in the manual. Then you need to configure it, it's all in the manual. If you still have questions after this, please come back, and will sort you out!
Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Thanks Max, I have Voice Attack. I download and unzip Vaicom into the apps folder. Then what? I know I have to import a profile but have no place to import it from. Where do I activate my licence?
dikscratcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 03:48 PM   #5972
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikscratcher View Post
Thanks Max, I have Voice Attack. I download and unzip Vaicom into the apps folder. Then what? I know I have to import a profile but have no place to import it from. Where do I activate my licence?
You need to start voiceattack (VA). On the main VA window top right there is the button that allows you to manage your profiles (has a +symbol in it) - one of the options here is to import.

Then you need to navigate to the profiles subfolder (under Vaicom) and it should be in there (it is a .vap file)

Once you have done and the profile is in VA this you need to press LCTRL + LALT + C to bring up the Vaicom config screen. Licence is then entered on the About tab

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:31 PM   #5973
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornblower793 View Post
You need to start voiceattack (VA). On the main VA window top right there is the button that allows you to manage your profiles (has a +symbol in it) - one of the options here is to import.

Then you need to navigate to the profiles subfolder (under Vaicom) and it should be in there (it is a .vap file)

Once you have done and the profile is in VA this you need to press LCTRL + LALT + C to bring up the Vaicom config screen. Licence is then entered on the About tab

Remember to clear the text where you paste the license keys!!! For some reason it stays there unselected when you click in the box!

MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:34 PM   #5974
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz555 View Post
Just followed those steps and no joy I'm afraid. It just creates a separate open beta file again and ignores my DCS saved games file.
Well, you have not selected open beta in the control panel i gather. In the DCS install folder. Do you have a file called variant.txt? I don't think VAICOM use this file but worth checking.
Have you looked in the registry, to see what's there?

Old 09-13-2020, 05:14 PM   #5975
oz555

I had checked open beta in config as I'm running open beta. I did just switch it to release following the resets and it's working now. So a result I think albeit with some odd DCS folder issues.

Again, thanks a million.

Fingers crossed I won't be back soon...
Old 09-13-2020, 05:31 PM   #5976
hornblower793

Quote:
I had checked open beta in config as I'm running open beta. I did just switch it to release following the resets and it's working now. So a result I think albeit with some odd DCS folder issues.

Again, thanks a million.

Did you convert from stable to OB at some point - if so that will leave the DCS saved games folder named as for stable

Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
Old 09-13-2020, 05:36 PM   #5977
oz555

I didn't convert no, I downloaded Open Beta and used my old saved games stable folder for the settings.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:52 PM   #5978
hornblower793

Quote:
I didn't convert no, I downloaded Open Beta and used my old saved games stable folder for the settings.
That would do it

Old 09-13-2020, 06:21 PM   #5979
MAXsenna

Quote:

Again, thanks a million.

Ah! That makes sense actually. So you're running OB and it points to your old Saved Games folder.
Hmmm, that's actually cool knowledge, because then the VAICOM settings works as inteded. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
This why I asked about that variant.txt because that's what it does, but I gather you do it differently.
Anyway, awesome you solved it!

Old 09-15-2020, 05:40 PM   #5980
oz555

Hate to be back pestering, but here we go. Everything works fine when I boot up DCS, but during the flight Viacom commands stop responding and the program seems to accumulate a huge delay. I get no confirmation beep or commands appearing in VA and it gets to the point where I keep trying commands and eventually, maybe 30-40 seconds later I get a beep and a string of gobbledegook commands in the VA window.

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack