VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 596 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #5951
MAXsenna

I believe I got this problem a while ago. And I solved it by resetting the keywords database. I somehow corrupted it by deleting something in it, or made a conflict or whatever. You se that orange square. That's what I got as well. That's where it already fails. What does that complete error say?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 02:59 PM   #5952
GLUTIUS MAXIMUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
I believe I got this problem a while ago. And I solved it by resetting the keywords database. I somehow corrupted it by deleting something in it, or made a conflict or whatever. You se that orange square. That's what I got as well. That's where it already fails. What does that complete error say?

it says

there was a problem sending state update request:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VAICOM.Client.DcsClient.SendUpdateRequest()

the orange says

Problems were reported during initialization. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at VAICOM.Servers.Server.SetImportedMenusAsCommands()
at VAICOM.Client.DcsClient.CreateDatabase(Object vaProxy)
at CallSite.Target(...
GLUTIUS MAXIMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:16 PM   #5953
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLUTIUS MAXIMUS View Post
it says

there was a problem sending state update request:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VAICOM.Client.DcsClient.SendUpdateRequest()

the orange says

Problems were reported during initialization. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at VAICOM.Servers.Server.SetImportedMenusAsCommands()
at VAICOM.Client.DcsClient.CreateDatabase(Object vaProxy)
at CallSite.Target(...
Right, thanks. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me. This is what I did. Editor Tab, exported. That was my backup. Reset Tab and reset Keywords. Restart VA and imported keywords back.
How I got there in the first place? I think I was cleaning out F10 action menu items that had been imported.
Now, before you do this, if you decide to (don't blame me ). Go to Editor Tab and click test. Might take a loooong time. If you get an error, I think the database might be corrupted. It will also tell you if there's a difference between database and profile.

Old 09-10-2020, 03:21 PM   #5954
GLUTIUS MAXIMUS

Quote:
Now, before you do this, if you decide to (don't blame me ).

Hahahaha I had exported it, but now when I import it doesn't recognize my F10 commands I lost so many custom phrases. hahaha. when I open my exported file it shows the F10 Commands in there. weird its not importing them
Old 09-10-2020, 03:26 PM   #5955
MAXsenna

Quote:
Hahahaha I had exported it, but now when I import it doesn't recognize my F10 commands I lost so many custom phrases. hahaha. when I open my exported file it shows the F10 Commands in there. weird its not importing them
Really? That's odd, but I think some of mine was rejected as well. But maybe that's because the database was already corrupted.
Anyway. Did you get rid of the error message?

Old 09-10-2020, 03:38 PM   #5956
GLUTIUS MAXIMUS

Quote:
Really? That's odd, but I think some of mine was rejected as well. But maybe that's because the database was already corrupted.
Anyway. Did you get rid of the error message?

yeah it cleared it up. thanks for the help
Old 09-10-2020, 03:38 PM   #5957
MAXsenna

Quote:
yeah it cleared it up. thanks for the help
Cool! NP!

Old 09-12-2020, 05:06 PM   #5958
dikscratcher

I have bought and paid for Vaicom pro and have a licence number sent by e-mail. However I do not get a desktop shortcut or anything on my desktop. I cannot activate my licence with the file I have downloaded. What do I do ???
dikscratcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #5959
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikscratcher View Post
I have bought and paid for Vaicom pro and have a licence number sent by e-mail. However I do not get a desktop shortcut or anything on my desktop. I cannot activate my licence with the file I have downloaded. What do I do ???
Read the manual and the part about the installation. It's a plugin for Voice Attack, so you must install Voice Attack first, and then install VAICOM (copy basically) and import it into Voice Attack, then you can open the VAICOM control panel and validate your keys.
It's all very well described in the manual. Then you need to configure it, it's all in the manual. If you still have questions after this, please come back, and will sort you out!
Cheers!

Old 09-13-2020, 05:52 AM   #5960
oz555

So I'm still having issues with my Install. When VA/Vaicom is opened it creates the DCS Openbeta file in my saved games which contains the export lua. Problem is, my DCS saved games is just called DCS, not DCS open beta. If I remove my DCS saved games file and launch the sim, a new one is created, but It's just called DCS.

How do I get Vaicom to drop the correct files in my DCS saved games instead of creating a new Open beta file?

Last edited by oz555; 09-13-2020 at 05:55 AM.
oz555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack