VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 594 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #5931
stormridersp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
ED probably has this info somewhere.

I assume you don't know where this somewhere might be?

I'd like to daisy chain my other VA profile into vaicompro's, but would like to have it talk to dcs directly instead of key bindings.

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #5932
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormridersp View Post
I assume you don't know where this somewhere might be?

I'd like to daisy chain my other VA profile into vaicompro's, but would like to have it talk to dcs directly instead of key bindings.
Sorry. I don't. But you might be able to ask ED, Hollywood or the makers of SRS, TacView, DCS-BIOS etc. Programs that uses the export.lua IIRC.
But this I know, you must put your progging skills into gear. Probably get in touch with Gary, maker of Voice Attack and the other Voice Attack gurus, (Pfeil, Exergist etc. They are VERY helpful in the VA Discord), in order to make a plugin for VA. I think Hollywood might also have this on his road map, but sooooo many modules. I know some guys have special plugins for VA in the works for specific modules. The Gazelle comes to mind...
Hope this helps and encourages you, as I would love to see this implemented for all modules. Would take VA/DCS to the next level, especially when I switch to VR sometime in the future. Probably best used for special radios, not supported by VAICOM, and other rotaries like "Set instrument lighting 30", or something, to have lighting at 30 percent. I know this can be done.
One more thing, I don't remember the name of the file. But as far as I know, there is a file in every module, you need to delve into which has all of the possible actions for everything clickable etc. in the cockpit. That's why I know about the Gazelle, because somebody asked on the Polychop Discord.
Cheers and best of luck!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:43 PM   #5933
stormridersp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
Sorry. I don't. But you might be able to ask ED, Hollywood or the makers of SRS, TacView, DCS-BIOS etc. Programs that uses the export.lua IIRC.
But this I know, you must put your progging skills into gear. Probably get in touch with Gary, maker of Voice Attack and the other Voice Attack gurus, (Pfeil, Exergist etc. They are VERY helpful in the VA Discord), in order to make a plugin for VA. I think Hollywood might also have this on his road map, but sooooo many modules. I know some guys have special plugins for VA in the works for specific modules. The Gazelle comes to mind...
Hope this helps and encourages you, as I would love to see this implemented for all modules. Would take VA/DCS to the next level, especially when I switch to VR sometime in the future. Probably best used for special radios, not supported by VAICOM, and other rotaries like "Set instrument lighting 30", or something, to have lighting at 30 percent. I know this can be done.
One more thing, I don't remember the name of the file. But as far as I know, there is a file in every module, you need to delve into which has all of the possible actions for everything clickable etc. in the cockpit. That's why I know about the Gazelle, because somebody asked on the Polychop Discord.
Cheers and best of luck!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thank you

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:33 PM   #5934
Japo32

There is something I would like to request:

1. Please make a forum with different topics. It is hard to find something here that someone has asked before.

2. (the most important of the 3 for me). In several missions I have to order my wingmen that they have to attack boats, attack main objetive and rejoin, or attack objetive and RTB. Those are different configurations in the menus, so I cannot map them in the normal usual voice attack voice orders.
Would be great to be included into VAICOM. I hate everytime I have to show the comms menu.

3. How is the option to show Jester round menu with vaicom with the A key?. Wasn't that fixed?
Japo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:51 PM   #5935
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo32 View Post
There is something I would like to request:

1. Please make a forum with different topics. It is hard to find something here that someone has asked before.

2. (the most important of the 3 for me). In several missions I have to order my wingmen that they have to attack boats, attack main objetive and rejoin, or attack objetive and RTB. Those are different configurations in the menus, so I cannot map them in the normal usual voice attack voice orders.
Would be great to be included into VAICOM. I hate everytime I have to show the comms menu.

3. How is the option to show Jester round menu with vaicom with the A key?. Wasn't that fixed?
There is a forum already - we created it earlier this year. Go to the Input and Output section of the main DCS forum and you will find it. Lots of people already use it and we do try and rekind people periodically.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:25 PM   #5936
Low Blow

Hi I'm having an issue when using vaicom pro with srs in the viper. When I push my PTT for either radio the SRS start and end clicks are happening without any delay in between even if I hold the PTT in. Obviously I need to hold the PTT in when transmitting on SRS to get my message out but I don't want to hear the end click almost immediately after pressing the PTT and while still holding it in as this is not realistic. In VA it listens the entire time the PTT is held in. Please help.

My Specs:
Spoiler:
i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!
Low Blow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:41 AM   #5937
oz555

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz555 View Post
I did a recent Windows re-install and didn't re-download DCS, so there is no registry entry. The sim works straight off my DCS SSD.

My Viacom however, while it recognises my commands in VA, does not work in game and the aircraft does not show in the PTT screen.

I have set the custom path, registry fix and deleted the export LUA in the scripts folder but nothing works.

Is this due to lack of DCS on Windows registry?
I'm still getting nowhere with this. I have run repairs on DCS, uninstalled Vaicom, reset luas etc.

I cannot get Vaicom to communicate with DCS.

I installed aerio, although I cannot import the commands through VA.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:53 AM   #5938
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz555 View Post
I'm still getting nowhere with this. I have run repairs on DCS, uninstalled Vaicom, reset luas etc.

I cannot get Vaicom to communicate with DCS.

I installed aerio, although I cannot import the commands through VA.
Could you turn on Debug in the Vaicom config and then see what appears in the VA log window when you start up - can it find a DCS installation?

How are you trying to import the AIRIO commands?

Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
Old 09-09-2020, 07:07 AM   #5939
oz555

The run in debug mode was already ticked and does nothing when I uncheck/re-check it in the VA window.

I have dropped the AIRIO d11 into the extensions folder alongside Chatter and then tried importing the commands through the edit profile in VA. However, when I point VA to the extensions folder it is empty. Chatter and AIRIO are there if I access it through My Computer though.

My scripts Export lua below if relevant.

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Last edited by oz555; 09-09-2020 at 07:16 AM.
oz555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:45 AM   #5940
hornblower793

Will have a look at my setup after work today but I would expect a Vaicom entry in the export lua

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack