VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 592 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #5911
apoll

Hi. After some advice. I am new to Viacom and I have the pro version. Having trouble with the attack commands: my wingman is not attacking when I say 1, engage air defence targets. When I check in the Voice Attack panel out of the game, it keeps saying: 'Awaiting further input". Not sure what's going on. If I say "1, join up", no problems. But attack commands are always: "Awaiting further input".

Can someone help?

Thanks.

apoll
apoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:03 PM   #5912
Harker
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoll View Post
Hi. After some advice. I am new to Viacom and I have the pro version. Having trouble with the attack commands: my wingman is not attacking when I say 1, engage air defence targets. When I check in the Voice Attack panel out of the game, it keeps saying: 'Awaiting further input". Not sure what's going on. If I say "1, join up", no problems. But attack commands are always: "Awaiting further input".

Can someone help?

Thanks.

apoll
First of all, your wingman is "2". You are "1".
Secondly, are you sure that "air defense targets" is a recognized phrase? I can't check the VAICOM manual right now. Try "SAM", "AAA (" Triple A")" or" Air Defenses".
Thirdly, leave a small pause between different commands, like "2 (small pause), Engage Air Defenses".
Finally, after you finish talking, hold the PTT button for 0.5-1 seconds more and then let go.

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum|
F/A-18C ,
AV-8B, JF-17, A-10C, M-2000C, F-16C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
Harker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:42 AM   #5913
apoll

Tks Harker. Yes, got the 2 as wingman. And reading the phrase list, air defence is a phrase. Could also be aaa or sam. It seems to recognise it correctly, but always, says awaiting further input like it is waiting for further information. Not sure what is wrong. But not useful in current state if wingman won't recognise attack phrases.
apoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:23 AM   #5914
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoll View Post
Tks Harker. Yes, got the 2 as wingman. And reading the phrase list, air defence is a phrase. Could also be aaa or sam. It seems to recognise it correctly, but always, says awaiting further input like it is waiting for further information. Not sure what is wrong. But not useful in current state if wingman won't recognise attack phrases.
Have you tried adding the appendices phrases like with mavericks and in from the south. This would confirm that the phrase is definitely recognised

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:46 PM   #5915
Weegie

Constantly getting
Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute (canceled: Transmit TX6 press).
In VA Window when I press button 6 on my throttle designated tthe AUX Channel

Checked Vaicom PTT button and everything Ok
No mention of anything abnormal in log
AUX does not show in PTT Vaicom Page "Screen" and I only get AUX in there if I use the TX6 AUX Button on the PTT Page
Everything elese seems to be behaving for now
Any ideas or anybody getting the same?
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:23 PM   #5916
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
Constantly getting
Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute (canceled: Transmit TX6 press).
In VA Window when I press button 6 on my throttle designated tthe AUX Channel

Checked Vaicom PTT button and everything Ok
No mention of anything abnormal in log
AUX does not show in PTT Vaicom Page "Screen" and I only get AUX in there if I use the TX6 AUX Button on the PTT Page
Everything elese seems to be behaving for now
Any ideas or anybody getting the same?
For the first one. You must check the commands in the VAICOM VoiceAttack profile.

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/in...p?topic=1305.0

For the second I don't follow you. Have you configured TX6 in the Voice Attack profile, and it doesn't "light up" when you press it in the control panel?
Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:17 AM   #5917
Weegie

MAX Thanks for the reply appreciated.

The "Allow Other Commands to Execute While This One is Running" is checked for all my PTTs and they are all correctly configured for the Execute Pressed & the Execute Released, with the Released button having the Option "Only Execute When Button Released" marked as appropriate.

When I force a "Stop All Running Commands", nothing is indicated as running in the VA dialouge.

For the Second issue Yes you understand it perfectly, that's the problem and the button is confiigured exactly as the other 5 are, which do register in the PTT Window, but the AUX does not. The other thing I notice, when using the virtual button on the Vaicom PTT page the Relay light illuminates. When I use the button on either throttle is doesn't.

I have all my PTTs configured with a button and a keyboard command (seperately of course) operating on 2 different throttles. Using either I get exactly the same behaviour and all other PTT commmands work exactly as they should. So I'm pretty certain it's a Vaicom problem.

I've reset the lua's in Reset, no effect.

Wondering now if I should try a clean reinstall
Old 09-06-2020, 09:24 AM   #5918
Weegie

Ok Narrowing in on this, after some more experimentation I've found that if I run Vaicom stand alone it all works.

I normally have a second profile piggybacked, when I select that I get the problem. Going to investigate and go through the piggybacked profile for possible conflicts and report back
Old 09-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #5919
Weegie

Solved

I was using the same PTT button on the throttle for both the AUX in Vaicom and the piggyback profile. So it was being sent twice and must have been causing a conflict.

Now moved the piggyback profile to an Open mic when using Vaicom and a seperate PTT button should I want to use it standalone

That's stopped the Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute (canceled: Transmit TX6 press) and the Vaicom PTT page now shows AUX in the window when activated

Thanks for helping MAX must appreciated

Last edited by Weegie; 09-06-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:15 PM   #5920
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
Solved

I was using the same PTT button on the throttle for both the AUX in Vaicom and the piggyback profile. So it was being sent twice and must have been causing a conflict.

Now moved the piggyback profile to an Open mic when using Vaicom and a seperate PTT button should I want to use it standalone

That's stopped the Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute (canceled: Transmit TX6 press) and the Vaicom PTT page now shows AUX in the window when activated

Thanks for helping MAX must appreciated
Prefect!
Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack