VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 590 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-29-2020, 07:57 AM   #5891
hornblower793

Good to know - i am aware that i have similar issues sometimes with Discord being overridden by windows

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #5892
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDynamics View Post

Snip...

Edit: Right after I wrote this, it got me thinking, maybe trying to beat Windows at its own game was indeed the issue causing the conflict. I turned off ALL redirection in VA and VAICOM, and instead relied solely upon letting Windows redirect the VA output to the headset. BOOM! Working again!
Good find! I'll test myself next week. I guess any redirection in DCS will work as well then?
Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 10:18 PM   #5893
GeneralDynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
Good find! I'll test myself next week. I guess any redirection in DCS will work as well then?
Cheers!
Yes, the headset redirection in DCS works fine, responses from ATC etc.. come in loud and clear along with chatter and command cues from VAICOM.
Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker
GeneralDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 10:31 PM   #5894
MAXsenna

Quote:
Yes, the headset redirection in DCS works fine, responses from ATC etc.. come in loud and clear along with chatter and command cues from VAICOM.
Awesome! Thanks!

Old 08-30-2020, 03:37 AM   #5895
GeneralDynamics

Well, Max, the bad news is I shut everything down and unplugged my headset to do some other stuff on the PC. Got ready to fly again so I plugged them back in and started everything back up, and everything was all jacked up. Redirection for the headset in DCS was pointing to "default" and Windows had lost all its redirection settings for VA, pointing all the VA output to "default" as well. Reset the Windows and DCS redirection and Windows reverted back to default again after I started VA. Reset it again and it stayed set the second time through. There still seems to be some contention going on. Possibly related, but I haven't the foggiest idea how, my centering key bind for TrackIR was set but no longer working. Restarting TrackIR fixed it, but that's never happened before. Definitely some funky stuff going on under the hood here.

The good news is that I know how to get it working now when these issues happen, but it's just a bit of a hassle is all. Sorry my "solution" didn't live up to expectations...
Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

Last edited by GeneralDynamics; 08-30-2020 at 03:39 AM.
GeneralDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:54 AM   #5896
MAXsenna

Quote:
Well, Max, the bad news is I shut everything down and unplugged my headset to do some other stuff on the PC. Got ready to fly again so I plugged them back in and started everything back up, and everything was all jacked up. Redirection for the headset in DCS was pointing to "default" and Windows had lost all its redirection settings for VA, pointing all the VA output to "default" as well. Reset the Windows and DCS redirection and Windows reverted back to default again after I started VA. Reset it again and it stayed set the second time through. There still seems to be some contention going on. Possibly related, but I haven't the foggiest idea how, my centering key bind for TrackIR was set but no longer working. Restarting TrackIR fixed it, but that's never happened before. Definitely some funky stuff going on under the hood here.

The good news is that I know how to get it working now when these issues happen, but it's just a bit of a hassle is all. Sorry my "solution" didn't live up to expectations...
Oh, don't worry. You're seeing exactly what I did before, as I remember now. And if I plugin my simple speakers, (don't have my 11.2 setup currently installed), they start to fight my USB headset. I'm gonna do some testing tomorrow.
You know the difference between admins and users?
The admin doesn't mind problems as long as there's a solution/fix/workaround. Users don't want problems at all. I'm an admin!
Cheers!

Last edited by MAXsenna; 08-30-2020 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-31-2020, 05:43 AM   #5897
planemaster

so with the airio extension i cannot get the "Radio Tune" commands to show the hell up in the editor. Im trying to train the voice recognition so i can actually use the command. How do i reset the keywords so i can start from scratch on this
planemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:01 AM   #5898
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by planemaster View Post
so with the airio extension i cannot get the "Radio Tune" commands to show the hell up in the editor. Im trying to train the voice recognition so i can actually use the command. How do i reset the keywords so i can start from scratch on this
Radio tune etc are command phrases and not keywords. They should appear in their own category in the VA Vaicom profile list of commands but not in the Vaicom editor list of keywords.

If you are struggling with recognition you may need to change the command phrases (I use freak instead of tune and say Oh instead of zero). There is a separate thread about this in the Vaicom sub forum.

Unlike the normal command words, try to read these phrases without micropauses

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:22 AM   #5899
The_Nephilim

Hey All,

I am having an issue with Vaicom, when I am in game and I can say Options and the menu pops up but when I say "Take x" nothing in DCS Happens..

I have read the troubleshooting and it said to delete the Export.lua which I had done multiple times and restarted Voice Attack. I also tried pointing to the default DCS folder and it still does not want too work.

Now I can do other commands in Vaicome like Request Taxi and such, I just can not issue any "Take" Commands well I can issue them and VA responds but in DCS it does not work..

Well I am pretty sure the lua file is correct because I get the module showing up in the PTT screen and the voice commands are recognised by VA. so I am really unsure why the "Take" commands are not working in DCS..

Going to post a couple screenshots here so you can see the PTT screen and VA Accepting the commands..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vaicom.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	246409   Click image for larger version

Name:	VA.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	246410  
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus / Intel i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz / Coolermaster 212x / 2 - Samsung 960 Evo RAID 0 / Asus 1080GTX OC / G. Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM 3200MHZ XMP PRofile / Samsung Odyssey Plus VR / HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker game simulation
The_Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:16 AM   #5900
oz555

I did a recent Windows re-install and didn't re-download DCS, so there is no registry entry. The sim works straight off my DCS SSD.

My Viacom however, while it recognises my commands in VA, does not work in game and the aircraft does not show in the PTT screen.

I have set the custom path, registry fix and deleted the export LUA in the scripts folder but nothing works.

Is this due to lack of DCS on Windows registry?

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack