VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 549 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 05:10 AM   #5481
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrfan85 View Post
Everything in windows is turned up, just the chatter is very quiet in the background
Exactly. You turn everything down, then Voice Attack up. That's what I do anyway.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:50 AM   #5482
BMGZ06

Anyone know why the number of commands in the profile screen would now be saying there are only 76 commands? There was around 500 before. I cant search for a lot of commands to see the voice command and key binds for the missing ones now. I also have Baileys F18 profile imported to it and there was almost 900 commands then. Those still work but I have to switch to that profile to see any of them now and make edits where I was able to see them all in the Vaicom profile after I imported them.
System Specs: i9 9900KS, EVGA 2080 TI FTW 3 Ultra OC'd, 32gb Gskill Trident Z Royal ram(for the bling), Samsung 970 PRO M.2 SSD,. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle and VKB GF3/MCG PRO stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB.

DCS modules: F-14, F-18, F-16, A-10, Nevada and PG
BMGZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:10 AM   #5483
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGZ06 View Post
Anyone know why the number of commands in the profile screen would now be saying there are only 76 commands? There was around 500 before. I cant search for a lot of commands to see the voice command and key binds for the missing ones now. I also have Baileys F18 profile imported to it and there was almost 900 commands then. Those still work but I have to switch to that profile to see any of them now and make edits where I was able to see them all in the Vaicom profile after I imported them.
The best way to put the profiles together is not to import the commands into VAICOM, but to daisy-chain the profiles together.

To do this, you need to open the Vaicom profile in VoiceAttack (use the pencil button) and then click options. On the screen that appears link the other profiles using ,Include commands from other profiles'. This way the commands can all be used but the lists are not merged. I think what has happened is that you have overwritten some of the commands.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:03 AM   #5484
BMGZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornblower793 View Post
The best way to put the profiles together is not to import the commands into VAICOM, but to daisy-chain the profiles together.

To do this, you need to open the Vaicom profile in VoiceAttack (use the pencil button) and then click options. On the screen that appears link the other profiles using ,Include commands from other profiles'. This way the commands can all be used but the lists are not merged. I think what has happened is that you have overwritten some of the commands.

Sorry I should have been clear. That is the way I did it actually. I just checked it. I linked the profile in that options menu as you stated. Still only 76 commands show, but all the Baileys commands work fine.
System Specs: i9 9900KS, EVGA 2080 TI FTW 3 Ultra OC'd, 32gb Gskill Trident Z Royal ram(for the bling), Samsung 970 PRO M.2 SSD,. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle and VKB GF3/MCG PRO stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB.

Last edited by BMGZ06; 05-27-2020 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:10 AM   #5485
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGZ06 View Post
Sorry I should have been clear. That is the way I did it actually. I just checked it. I linked the profile in that options menu as you stated. Still only 76 commands show, but all the Baileys commands work fine.
Ok - is the 76 commands number in the VAICOM VA list or on the Editor tab of the VAICOM config page?

Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
Old 05-27-2020, 08:08 AM   #5486
Birdman81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneySD View Post
When I'm inbound to the carrier (SC), and I call in "Inbound to Carrier" or "Inbound" I'm instructed to "Go to alternate." If I use the menu threads, it works fine. Am I doing something incorrect?

Also, can't get "Salute" to work. I appreciate the help.
Same problem here.

Test scenario:
F/A-18C
Mission: Supercarrier recovery CASE III. Caucasus

Right in the very beginning, when calling "Inbound" I get "Go to alternate" as response.
I'm with easy comms off and tuned at the correct frequency (127.500). However, selecting "Inbound" from the DCS menu works properly without changing any parameter. Tryed also "Inbound for carrier", "Marking moms" and the command "Select" and I get the same answer: "Go to alternate"
i7-7700k // GTX1080 // 32GB // RiftS // HotasWarthog // RazerTartarus // MFDCougar // JetSeat
Birdman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #5487
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman81 View Post
Same problem here.

Test scenario:

F/A-18C

Right in the very beginning, when calling "Inbound" I get "Go to alternate" as response.

I'm with easy comms off and tuned at the correct frequency (127.500). However, selecting "Inbound" from the DCS menu works properly without changing any parameter. Tryed also "Inbound for carrier", "Marking moms" and the command "Select" and I get the same answer: "Go to alternate"
Which unit shows as recipient for the call in the VA log window?

Old 05-27-2020, 08:42 AM   #5488
BMGZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman81 View Post
Same problem here.

Test scenario:
F/A-18C

I had the same issue. You need to say "Carrier Name, then Inbound" or vice versa. You can also do it with marking moms call. Speak really clearly or turn on VSPX mode per instruction manual. It helps you to be able to speak faster but you have to update the AI COMMUNICATIONS commands as prompted when you click the VSPX option in Vaicom preferences then go to editors tab and click finish and follow what the popup dialog tells you to do. It will copy all the commands to windows clipboard for you. The manual tells you how to update the commands in the vaicom profile.

look under "VA profile has very long list of separate commands" section of this link:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...67&postcount=5

Last edited by BMGZ06; 05-27-2020 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #5489
Hollywood_315

Thanks all for the generous comments on the Supercarrier / Realistic ATC release! Very much appreciated
We'll be looking into some tweaks going forward.

Kind reminder that we have a subforum now: for overall readability and helpfulness for other users please always check first if your topic is discussed in a sub-thread and discuss it there.
If it is not listed (remember also this forum has a useful search function), launch a new subthread.
Of course always check the FAQ Section first.

Cheers
Hollywood

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:36 PM   #5490
steelrfan85

Default commands not recognized

I am trying to get AIRIO to start but when I say yester VA thinks I am saying "just are" Even when I slow down it thinks I am saying that. I don't see anything either showing the AIRIO plugin initialized like VAICOM pro shows and chatter. How do I get this to work. There is no speech training for the tomcat so it isn't recognizing certain words. I want to try this out but having no luck.
steelrfan85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack