VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 499 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #4981
sthompson

I'm surprised to see this advice given so often since it seems totally unnecessary on my system. I suspect that those who need it do not have the correct registry keys set up for DCS and the issue may be related to how you installed DCS Open Beta. For example, on my system I have these registry keys for OB:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta]
"Path"="D:\\Program Files\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World OpenBeta"
"Version"="2.5"
"Language"="EN"

You might check to see if you have something similar and whether the path is correct. I imagine that these could have been corrupted or not installed properly if the installation folder has been moved or if you installed OpenBeta by converting another installation rather than doing a full fresh install from the website, which is what I did.

I imagine there could also be an issue if you installed OpenBeta from one user ID and are now running VAICOM from another user ID, since these keys are tied to "current user" and are not system wide. Perhaps that could occur if you are running VA as administrator, for example. I have found that I do not need to run it as administrator, provided I set folder permissions to give my regular user ID full control permissions on the folder ...\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO

I'm speculating of course since I don't experience the problem that others have reported that seems related to vAIcomPro not finding the OB installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornblower793 View Post
Try setting the custom path in the Vaicom Configuration panel and then check the OB box next to it if you are running Open Beta. The custom path should point to the root folder of the game, not to your saved games

You may need to redo this after each DCS update (takes about 30 seconds)

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #4982
MAXsenna

Hmmm interesting point. I had installed DCS and OB the default way, until I moved them. And I think it was working properly until I did that. Can't check my registry until Monday, as Norway has loosened on travel restrictions and I'm over the hills and far away.
But it doesn't really bother me anymore, as I know how to fix it after every update.
I've always run VA as as admin though.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 02:42 PM   #4983
speed-of-heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompson View Post
I'm surprised to see this advice given so often since it seems totally unnecessary on my system. I suspect that those who need it do not have the correct registry keys set up for DCS and the issue may be related to how you installed DCS Open Beta. For example, on my system I have these registry keys for OB:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta]
"Path"="D:\\Program Files\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World OpenBeta"
"Version"="2.5"
"Language"="EN"

You might check to see if you have something similar and whether the path is correct. I imagine that these could have been corrupted or not installed properly if the installation folder has been moved or if you installed OpenBeta by converting another installation rather than doing a full fresh install from the website, which is what I did.

I imagine there could also be an issue if you installed OpenBeta from one user ID and are now running VAICOM from another user ID, since these keys are tied to "current user" and are not system wide. Perhaps that could occur if you are running VA as administrator, for example. I have found that I do not need to run it as administrator, provided I set folder permissions to give my regular user ID full control permissions on the folder ...\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO

I'm speculating of course since I don't experience the problem that others have reported that seems related to vAIcomPro not finding the OB installation.
i'm curious do you have a an entry for "DCS World" too ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & Stable
speed-of-heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:47 PM   #4984
sthompson

Yes. I have both installed in separate directory trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed-of-heat View Post
i'm curious do you have a an entry for "DCS World" too ?
Old 04-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #4985
speed-of-heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompson View Post
Yes. I have both installed in separate directory trees.
Interesting i only had the one entry for DCS world, i added yours in we will see

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & Stable
speed-of-heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:58 PM   #4986
Razor18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
Couldn't find your original post about your chatter/redirect issue.

I was messing around Windows to find out how to make the sound output "doubled" on two different devices today. As I had some other issues.
Long shot but you haven't turned on "Stereo Mix" by chance, and that's messing things up for you?
Basically, I hear Chatter fine from my Rift only until I fire up DCS, then Chatter comes from my desk speakers, no matter what, VAICOM "Redirection" on or off for that matter.. All else goes over to my Rift as it is supposed to. Moreover after installing Chatter some weeks ago, it even worked OK for a while (coming from my Rift too). Maybe it was one of those DCS updates, or I don't know what messed it up.
Razor18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:11 PM   #4987
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor18 View Post
Basically, I hear Chatter fine from my Rift only until I fire up DCS, then Chatter comes from my desk speakers, no matter what, VAICOM "Redirection" on or off for that matter.. All else goes over to my Rift as it is supposed to. Moreover after installing Chatter some weeks ago, it even worked OK for a while (coming from my Rift too). Maybe it was one of those DCS updates, or I don't know what messed it up.
Yup. I get that. But did you check what I asked?
I'm only asking, 'cause when I tried to reproduce it, or just check that it would work for me, I had some really strange behaviour as well. And when I was fiddling around to test some other totally irrelevant, I found out that I'd enabled "stereo mix". Basically a thing in Windows to duplicate sound on two outputs. Now, I didn't test it further, but I will when I get home on Monday.
It's just a thought that might be the culprit, 'cause I couldn't really get redirection of chatter and DCS the way I wanted too.
So just a thought. Might be worth just making sure you don't have it enabled.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:14 PM   #4988
Razor18

Couldn't find your original post about your request.

Should I try it with another comm device (headset+mike maybe)?
Old 04-25-2020, 04:20 PM   #4989
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor18 View Post
Couldn't find your original post about your request.

Should I try it with another comm device (headset+mike maybe)?
Yeah! I think that can make you drill down better.
To check the "stereo mix" setting is in sound control panel. The "old one", not updated to Windows 10 window, if you get me. Under Recording Device tab, and click show hidden devices, Stereo Mix should be there. If it's already hidden, it's probably not enabled.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:43 PM   #4990
Razor18

"Stereo mix" is among the list of items (as ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device), but "Currently unavailable". See screenshot, next is pressing properties, next is again pressing properties.

By the way, what is the difference anyway between selecting "Default device" or "Default communication device" generally, and when using DCS? What to select?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StereoMix.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	233783  

Last edited by Razor18; 04-25-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack