F-14 FC3 version bundled with the sim/available separately? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #21
Katmandu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexx View Post
Not to sound like an elitist or anything, but if I had my way I would remove all the FC3 aircraft from my server, they cause too many balance issues with the real simulated aircraft, (time to being the air, difficulty in weapon launching, etc, they are clearly easier to run). BUt too many people fly them, I really cant, community is too small (and there is really no newer fully simulated russian fighters, I really wish there were too)
Server politics are always tough, but online only accounts for 5% of all users ( or some similar number, from what I remember Chizh saying at some point) so this topic should not impact yourself or the broader online community.
Quote:
BUt too many people fly them
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #22
dimitrischal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Economics definitely do matter. Thus my original suggestion was to bundle the FC3 mode with the full sim module, like ED did with the game mode in Ka-50 and A-10C. Without such bundle, the module is only bought by hardcore fans who are confident that they have what it takes to learn the module. With such bundle, the module will be bought by the hardcore + the FC3 crowd who are less confident (not all of FC3 guys as the price of the full module would be too high for them).

The projected sales of a separate cheaper FC3 module should also be substantial as flight sim "hardcoreness" is likely normally distributed and there are more customers for every step down in hardcoreness - ending in Ace Combat shifting millions of copies FC3 is long way up from AC series of course, but the increase in customer base should still be sizable and profitable for the little amount of extra work that is needed.

The devil may well be in detail, but if ED can turn a profit on a standalone FC3 module like SU-33, with all the modelling and physics done from scratch... Heatblur MUST make profit from converting existing module to FC3.
Sim hardcoreness even is evenly distributed among the players is not evenly distributed among titles so you can’t twist every number to support your claim. DCS was built to cater for a specific niche, not the general flight simmer population. There are other games that do that.

FC3 was integrated because people would be limited to groundpounding for years due to the complete absence of content.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93704 By wags himself

Elitism or not the only server in dcs without fc3 modules is the best online gaming experience I have had in years regardless of genre.
However you can find small concessions in other modules adding arcade value, I can think the mirage instant align option first, besides with the helper ai the tomcat will be quite easy to fly anyway...

Last edited by dimitrischal; 04-02-2018 at 08:10 PM.
dimitrischal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:40 PM   #23
Katmandu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustvector View Post
I just really don't think the majority are after an easier simulation,
I never said about majority, only that sizeable amount of people like FC1/2/3. I *suspect* that FC remains to be the most profitable module for ED, but I have no proof link. Would be interesting to know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrischal View Post
Sim hardcoreness even is evenly distributed among the players is not evenly distributed among titles so you can’t twist every number to support your claim.
I don't understand what you are saying here.
Su-33 was to all intents and purposes made from scratch as SFM is about as much help in making AFM as using a 3d model from Ace Combat to make a new hi poly model for DCS.

My point was that Heatblur would accomplish an FC3 module without having to build it from scratch, and it would be marketed not to the elitists who "do not care about FC3 any more", but to other guys who "want to fly and not work" (description of FC3/IL2 by one RL Airbus pilot). Both groups get their products, Heatblur gets more profit and spends more on its current and future module development. Win-win for everybody.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:52 PM   #24
Drexx

Quote:
Server politics are always tough, but online only accounts for 5% of all users
Multiplayer should be a gem and the main stay of this sim, single player, playing against the same thing/AI over and over,I really don't understand this mentality, it doesn't make ANY sense to me, I started the DDCS channel 3 months ago, my discord has 1292 registered unique players and my server ALONE has had 2567 unique UCID's (ED identifier) on my server since I reset the database 3 months ago, by your statement ALONE, you say there is 51340 DCS single players out there that played in the last 3 months (saying that all the multiplayer players have played on my server at least once, which also isnt true, its just a small subset), I am pretty sure that 5% percentage is NOT correct.(im not making numbers up, I have it all in my database if you want to see it.)
Old 04-02-2018, 09:00 PM   #25
Katmandu

Quote:
my server ALONE has had 2567 unique UCID's (ED identifier) on my server since I reset the database 3 months ago, by your statement ALONE, you say there is 51340 DCS single players out there that played in the last 3 months
People who play online are about 5% of people who have bought the product. That is how I remembered it, I'll see if I can find the exact quote.
And online and offline both have their pluses, but lets skip at least that can of worms in this thread Not that I disagree with "Multiplayer should be a gem and the main stay of this sim".

EDIT (off topic):
Spoiler:
Can't find the post with numbers, but the jist is there (use google translate): https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...77&postcount=4

Last edited by Katmandu; 04-03-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #26
USMC_Trev

Play it in game mode. FC3 is about as complicated.

i7 4770K OC'ed to 4.3, GTX 1070 Seahawk (OC'ed), Oculus Rift CV1, 32Gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 10
USMC_Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:19 AM   #27
CoBlue

Quote:
People who play online are about 5% of people who have bought the product. That is how I remembered it, I'll see if I can find the exact quote.
It's 50/50 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...46&postcount=1

Let's say ED decides to do FC3-F18, they will have to make a whole new cockpit (code-wise) to make it non-clickable & intergrade every other system in it (sensors, hydraulics, electrics, weapons etc.).
I bet it would be to much coding work vs. the price they could sell it for & to few people buying it. Just my 2cents.

Anyway it ain't happening as per ED's statement. Personally I'm glad they made that decision.
CoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:43 AM   #28
theOden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBlue View Post
True, but we're looking at 50/50 of forum (online) visitors.
I've heard the same from other titles, the MP crowd is very very small compared to number of buyers.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #29
-P51DMustang-

Man... i understand your point... I was scared to get a full module... But now what i can tell you is that...
- First, all cliquable stuff is bindable on you joystick/hotas so easy to get same same feel as FC3
- 2) In mirage, you get auto align for INS... its an option. All MP server don't apply it but on buddyspike i fly with no ins only my knowledge of map and orientation sense...
-3) for most of full module came a "cheat" command pannel. You have full autostart procedure and full cutoff... Personnaly on MP when i have to moove fast, i use it... A10, mirage, and helos startup is as fast as a FC3 in those case... you just have to switch master arm on, and switch radar on... wich is... easy

So... No way making them non cliquable... Bind you keys... and use cheat command if you don't want to learn startup... it will do it for you
-P51DMustang- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #30
ebabil

i am forcing myself but i can't feel i am fliying with a flight simulator when i use fc3 planes. and since there is not much thing to deal with, i easily get bored when going from somewhere to somewhere. it is not for me.
Ultimate Argument | Oilfield | Argo | Border

Youtube
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote