Is Hawk worth buying it? - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #71
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Send a message via MSN to Ells228

Very fair points Zimmerdylan.
Thank you for posting your concerns and I am the first to admit we have had our fair share of issues with Hawk for many various reasons I've gone over numerous times.

The way forward is far brighter, not just for Hawk but our future modules.

And as you'll see we are continually working on it to improve it (night lighting refinements in the next patch along with rear seat functionality, as an example).

As the sim evolves, so do we.

Thanks again for your very candid opinion,
Chris.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:07 AM   #72
shagrat
ED Translator

When we read through this thread, there are a lot of people, me including, that had a hell of a lot fun flying that baby, despite the constant bugs and problems.
Some bought it for $12 on a discount, others on sales, and still, despite the issues enjoyed the Hawk for hours on end.

So was the Hawk worth buying for them? Is it worth buying now? Will it be worth buying after the overhaul?

I never felt like wasting my money, despite I payed the early-access price. On the contrary I saved some quid through pre-release discount and enjoyed having it from the start, despite even going through bugs as Beta tester, you didn't even notice, before it went out of internal beta to public beta.

As a potential customer you can decide to wait until it is released, finished/polished and out of beta, or you can jump into the cold water and have fun with it already, maybe benefit from a sale or discount.

As a DCS module, despite the ruff development ride, I am convinced the Hawk is worth it.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller

Last edited by shagrat; 11-11-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:28 AM   #73
Mizzy

I have bought the Hawk, it's all been said but I have changed my mind, it's a really good module but still in development. The skins are one of the very best in DCS, the model is spot on and the startup is nice and easy. The EFM is great (no idea how accurate it is, never flown a jet). I fly the hawk and L39 all the time as I am not a fighter pilot....bottom line, it was worth buying.

Mizzy
Old 11-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #74
Schmidtfire

"Worth buying" is a very subjective term and is not necessarily linked to quality or accuracy of product. I got the Hawk on sale a long time ago for like 12 dollars and I think that was a fair price given the state of the module at the time. Still had hours of fun with it for the cost of a couple of beers. I was not really interested in the Hawk, just wanted something new to install. But a true Hawk fan would probably consider it worth buying, no matter what price or stage of development.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #75
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

In case you don't see it, a big update today to DCS World release version including rear seat functionality in SP and MP.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=176785
Old 11-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #76
MadDog-IC
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ells228 View Post
In case you don't see it, a big update today to DCS World release version including rear seat functionality in SP and MP.
Not much gets pasted me, thanks for the update.
Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Gigabyte GTX-780 (388.71), Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).
Old 11-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #77
Fri13

If wanted to fly a trainer, then Hawk is worth it if wanted for western side (nautical miles, feets etc etc) and it is nice to fly. Just like L-39 or C-101 you have to accept that you just don't really do a combat against anything other than 3rd gen fighters and need to be very careful anyways.

The rear position actually brings nice advantage as now you can see rear easily. But I just need to find a way to get the rear seat gun sight to work
Old 11-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #78
Holbeach

Is Hawk worth buying?

In my case, it most certainly has been, having spent a lot of time in it, making videos and generally having fun. I bought it from new, specifically because it is the only British aircraft in the game. Despite the quirky sight and gun burst, which I don't like, at least the bullets come out of the barrel hole after this latest update and this has reduced the excessive recoil that existed before.

I have only just discovered the Mach Loop mission, lurking off the bottom of the mission page and this sort of thing is right up my strasse, so I will be spending my time here for a while. It is a reasonable representation of the Loop, or Roundabout, as it is sometimes known, where I fly in FSX with the Dino Cattaneo Hawk.

Is it worth buying? Most definitely yes.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #79
Zimmerdylan

As of this last update, (IMO) The Hawk is now pretty much up to snuff. I took a flight in it the other day and have been enjoying it ever since. So at this point, I would say that it's worth picking up. I always knew that at some point it would be worth the purchase as all modules go through a period of adjusting and tweaking before they're up to standard. The Hawk just took a little extra time. OK....a little extra, extra time. And now.......it's ready to enjoy.
Thanks guys at VEAO!!!
Old 11-16-2016, 05:07 PM   #80
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

You're welcome guys