After the Tomcat? - Page 64 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #631
Fisherman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxAlfa View Post
After the Tomcat, and I know that this has probability been requested a lots time before, I would love a extension for Viggen with JA 37 version (early without cockpit and aim-120 amraam updates shouldn't be too different from AJ 37 and take lot of time and resources).
Even as a payable add on
I dont mean this in a bad way at all, im just curious because I have seen others asking for a JA37. Why would you want a JA37 before a J35 Draken? Sure I would like all the SAAB aircraft and the Viggen is the most awsome one but for me the obvius choice would be the J35. It could be fully simulated because as far as I know its not classified, it served with more airforces, we are already blessed with a version of the Viggen and it would also have a highly interesting (read unforgiving) flightmodel.
It could also have a cool new feature for DCS if they would like to model it, the most early version of a datalink, the so called "command tape". Like I said, Im just curious since I would not take a FC3-level JA37 instead of a full fidelity J35 if I was given the choice.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk
Fisherman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:28 PM   #632
Lucas_From_Hell

The A-6 has my vote but from the Swedish arsenal it'd have to be the Draken. Quirky, something new, served with Finland which also has the MiG-21bis in game, and it looks absolutely stunning.
Lucas_From_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #633
Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDsc0rch View Post
in one sense i kinda don't care how long it takes - look, they give us "early access"
in the old days we had no choice - we had to just wait - when it was done, it was done - deal with it
these modules are hard - they take time ---- cold hard truth of life #74
True. Well said.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:51 PM   #634
Lieuie

I believe that Heatblur should take as much time deems necessary I just hope that from what they have learned from the development of the Tomcat and the creation of new technologies that can be applied to different aircraft they can shorten that time.
The truth is that as a community we are constantly wishing for new aircraft. That is the whole point of this thread. Each of us suggests or speculates which plane should be or may be next although we haven't even gotten the Tomcat yet.
I think it's important to realise the difficulty of creating a new module but also have hopes and visions for this community.
I am sure that Heatblur would have preferred to have been able to release the Tomcat in 2017. I am not saying that what Heatblur has decided is right or wrong I am just wishing then the best.
Lieuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #635
FoxAlfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman82 View Post
I dont mean this in a bad way at all, im just curious because I have seen others asking for a JA37. Why would you want a JA37 before a J35 Draken? Sure I would like all the SAAB aircraft and the Viggen is the most awsome one but for me the obvius choice would be the J35. It could be fully simulated because as far as I know its not classified, it served with more airforces, we are already blessed with a version of the Viggen and it would also have a highly interesting (read unforgiving) flightmodel.
It could also have a cool new feature for DCS if they would like to model it, the most early version of a datalink, the so called "command tape". Like I said, Im just curious since I would not take a FC3-level JA37 instead of a full fidelity J35 if I was given the choice.

I would love Draken too, I am suggesting JA-37 since the 3D assets for the exterior and interior could be reused... also lot of systems can be reused.... so it wouldn't be a big effort to get us JA-37... and I would love fighting in it...
FoxAlfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #636
dimitrischal

JA37 has some classified systems on it that were used on the gripen as well so looks unlikely we’ll be getting it anytime soon.
dimitrischal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #637
Mikke_EAF331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman82 View Post

BVR and 30 mm Oerlikon, even AIM-120 if we would get a JA-37D.

If given the choise between a full fidelity J-35 and a FC3 JA-37 I would pick the 35.

For those that think the 3D model of the JA-37 would be identical to the AJ-37, it's not, the JA is longer and have a (slightly) different tail, plus probably a lot of other minor differences.
Mikke_EAF331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #638
FoxAlfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrischal View Post
JA37 has some classified systems on it that were used on the gripen as well so looks unlikely we’ll be getting it anytime soon.
Yes, that why I was hoping at least for the 1979 version without the updates.... Have a SkyFlash and A-A radar would bring enough new capability to the Viggen...
FoxAlfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:52 PM   #639
xvii-Dietrich

Phweee... just waded through 64 pages of this thread. If that isn't tribute to the work that Heatblur does, I don't know what is.

PS: Draken for the win.
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:43 PM   #640
Deadpoetic6

Hopefully the Mig-28 to fit with the Tomcat
Deadpoetic6 is offline   Reply With Quote