[MOD] More natural Cargo View

For anyone experience the Cargo View as being unnatural I have made a small MOD to locate it slightly differently.

Instead of looking 90 degrees relative the nose making flying while having your head out the window a bitt disorientating, at least more than it has to be, I have turned the head at an angle of 10 degrees instead (0 degrees isn't natural either). The vertical angle and head position have also been modified.

You can of course edit the file yourself if you are not happy with the result.

I fly with TrackIR and adopted the file according to my own preferences. It works with both 1.5.7 and 2.5.1 OB (and everything in between I assume). OvGME ready.

1924040963_Screen_180506_191545small.thumb.jpg.c57d4d96f2a519fdd5d397e3dcd85514.jpg

The location isn't "perfect" by will. I want to move my own body and head slightly, it adds to the immersion.

Enjoy

/H

PS I've done the same for the Huey

Mi-8 adjusted CargoViewAdjustment 2.5.zip

Edited by Holton181
  • Thanks 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks Holton. I looked for this mod or something, otherwise I'd make one.

Thanks. You saved my time. :D

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

question, what have I done wrong, I was doing some cleaning of old stuff and deleted this by mistake, put it back in using jsgme, but now its not working.

its enabled in jsgme, ?

If jsgme (or OvGME I use myself) is configured correctly there shouldn't be a problem. Do you manage other MODs with jsgme? Do they work?

When you did your cleaning, was it by using the updater or manually? Have you tried a repair?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

yep all others are working, they were all disabled then I deleted the folder by mistake so nothing was actually "in game so to speak.

weird, I have always used jsgme n probs, and the file structure is the same, and I just done a repair .....key bindings!!!!!

suppose I could put it in manually

suppose I could put it in manually

Try that. If it works I guess it has to do with it not working properly with jsgme. Do you use the mod .zip in jsgme or unpacked? I don't remember how jsgme work compared to OvGME, or if they can use the same .zip files.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I usually unzip, then you just add the folder to the ED folder in a new one...any name you like.

that's where jsgme finds them and adds them, sure it works pretty much like ovgme but I believe there are steps to take if you want to swap over or use both.

thanks though Holton, ill try manual later, the mod structure is the same as the rest so not sure why its not working....maybe crew chief got the hump

• 2 months later...
Holton181, can this mod be installed manually without Jsgme or Ovgme? If so, can you tell me where to place the files?
Yes it can. Inside the zip there is a folder with the same name as the zip. The content of that folder goes directly into the main DCS install folder, same tree structure. Overwrite all files. I suggest you make a backup of the original files first.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Thank you very much Holton!! I got it to work and it is just like looking down from the bubble window of my Crane!! It's awesome!
Glad you like it

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Like this!
They are pretty impressive!

Engines, a cockpit and some rotors, what more can one which for?

Actually I didn't know about the hoist operator in the back.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Actually I didn't know about the hoist operator in the back.

That back seat is a pilot station and when we are doing precision lift work, such as building a power line or placing an air conditioner up on top of a building, a pilot will occupy that position and there will be a fly-by-wire stick installed on the right side. The collective on the left is always there and is mechanically connected to the flight controls. That pilot is able to pick up and place the loads with great precision. The two up front will fly it back and forth between the pick site and set site.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That back seat is a pilot station and when we are doing precision lift work, such as building a power line or placing an air conditioner up on top of a building, a pilot will occupy that position and there will be a fly-by-wire stick installed on the right side. The collective on the left is always there and is mechanically connected to the flight controls. That pilot is able to pick up and place the loads with great precision. The two up front will fly it back and forth between the pick site and set site.
Even more awesome!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Awesome, how do you keep a hover when the tank(s) are filling up with water, is that a gut feeling or instrument work? I can only imagine increasing collective ever so slightly as the weights increases..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo